Help me understand difference in sharpness on different LCD TVs and choose a TV - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mpgxsvcd

post #1 of 2 Old Today, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help me understand difference in sharpness on different LCD TVs and choose a TV

I just can't understand how some lcd tvs can feel so different to others in terms of sharpness.

I have sony 40HX720 and it's perfect with right settings. Sharpnes at 50 (zero processing, edge enhancement and all that) looks just like it should, perfect. Like a pc monitor or tablet, phone or whatever.

My other sony from 42" W6 series looks much softer on same settings. You can get softer image, or artificially sharp, no perfect setting .

Could it be a different panel behaving differently? Some other electronics maybe...

It's hard for me to put it into words , but 1080p native picture on that W6 set looks off to me. Not sharp enough. And I'm not one of those who like artificial and overly sharp picture.

I just want it to be perfect, I thought that was easy on any lcd.

If you understand my problem, can you please recommend me 40-42" TV which looks perfect on right settings, no overscan, just perfectly sharp 1:1 image without much hassle?

Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Sharpness is not real resolution. It is very subjective. Nobody will be able to determine what "perfect" sharpness is for you and your sitting position for your particular TV. Your best bet is to find a review site that does screenshots of the TVs and try to determine which one fits your needs the best.

I like the images that rtings posts in the upscaling section for most of his reviews. Those have been very helpful to me but there are other sites out there as well.

http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/vizio/p-series
Ryko1000 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page