Vizio P602ui-B3 vs 2015 M60-C3? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 5 Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Vizio P602ui-B3 vs 2015 M60-C3?

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new TV for my living room and these two are what I'm currently looking at because it seems to be the best value at the moment.

There's only one thing that I'm not sure on, which model should I be getting?

Currently these are the prices of each on Amazon at the moment:

P602ui-B3 - $1,299.99
M60-C3 - $1,498.00

Is the M60 better improved than the P60 since it's a 2015 edition?

I know the series go from E > M > P in terms of class, but the M being a newer model I'm not sure how it stands at the moment.

Thanks guys!

Also if you want to suggest another TV please do, I've been looking around for the past week and it's hard not knowing anything about the TV market at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Seems like you can't edit posts on this forum, so I have to make another post.

The M60 C3 is running for $1,299.99 on Ebay at the moment, so both models are the same price. Which is the better value?
post #3 of 5 Unread Today, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I have a 50” 2014 P-series, a 2015 55” M-series, and three 2015 E-series TVs. The new M-series is definitely better than the 2015 P-series in my opinion and here is why.

1. The 2015 M-series has much more precise control of the motion interpolation. This means that you can resolve the motion blurring issues that almost all of these TVs have without introducing too much of the soap opera effect(SOE). The motion interpolation of the 2014 P-series is not great in my opinion. It only has 3 separate settings where the new M-series has 10.

2. The P-series has twice as many local dimming zones as the equivalent 2015 M-series. However, the local dimming algorithm of the 2015 M-series is vastly superior to the old P-series. The P-series has a lot of blooming but the new M-series doesn’t. The M-series will slightly darken highlights but it really isn’t a significant issue in my opinion.

3. The speakers on the new M-series are actually quite good for TV speakers. I really didn’t like the speakers on the old P-series so I bought their new 38” sound bar. The sound bar was better than the P-series speakers but honestly I almost like the M-series speakers as much as their new sound bar. The sound bar isn’t great but it is really cheap at under $100. I wouldn’t get the sound bar for a new M-series though. I would just use the TV speakers or get a full-fledged audio system.

4. The detail is better straight out of the box with the M-series. However, the old P-series can be adjusted to make up the difference.

5. The price is about the same for the two sets. I saw the 60” 2014 P-series at Walmart for about $1350 and the 60” 2015 M-series for about $1400. I would definitely get the new 2015 M-series over the 2014 P-series for only $50 price difference. Watch out for ebay stores that are discounting these sets that much. They will find a way to make up the difference with added costs or warranties. Just buy the sets from a place like Costco that has reasonable prices and great warranties.

Last edited by mpgxsvcd; Today at 06:57 AM.
post #4 of 5 Unread Today, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
I have a 50” 2014 P-series, a 2015 55” M-series, and three 2015 E-series TVs. The new M-series is definitely better than the 2015 P-series in my opinion and here is why.

1. The 2015 M-series has much more precise control of the motion interpolation. This means that you can resolve the motion blurring issues that almost all of these TVs have without introducing too much of the soap opera effect(SOE). The motion interpolation of the 2014 P-series is not great in my opinion. It only has 3 separate settings where the new M-series has 10.

2. The P-series has twice as many local dimming zones as the equivalent 2015 M-series. However, the local dimming algorithm of the 2015 M-series is vastly superior to the old P-series. The P-series has a lot of blooming but the new M-series doesn’t. The M-series will slightly darken highlights but it really isn’t a significant issue in my opinion.

3. The speakers on the new M-series are actually quite good for TV speakers. I really didn’t like the speakers on the old P-series so I bought their new 38” sound bar. The sound bar was better than the P-series speakers but honestly I almost like the M-series speakers as much as their new sound bar. The sound bar isn’t great but it is really cheap at under $100. I wouldn’t get the sound bar for a new M-series though. I would just use the TV speakers or get a full-fledged audio system.

4. The detail is better straight out of the box with the M-series. However, the old P-series can be adjusted to make up the difference.

5. The price is about the same for the two sets. I saw the 60” 2014 P-series at Walmart for about $1350 and the 60” 2015 M-series for about $1400. I would definitely get the new 2015 M-series over the 2014 P-series for only $50 price difference. Watch out for ebay stores that are discounting these sets that much. They will find a way to make up the difference with added costs or warranties. Just buy the sets from a place like Costco that has reasonable prices and great warranties.
Alright I just bought the M60-C3 on Amazon

$1,595.18 w/ 4 year Squaretrade

Hopefully it's worth it
post #5 of 5 Unread Today, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PForPho View Post
Alright I just bought the M60-C3 on Amazon

$1,595.18 w/ 4 year Squaretrade

Hopefully it's worth it
It is definitely worth it in my opinion. I tweaked my set for about 30 minutes and I was completely satisfied with it after that. The only thing that would make it better in my opinion is if it was bigger. However, I have to wait a while for the 80” model to come out. That is the Tv I am really interested in.

For now my M55 is just great though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page