Samsung J6300 or Sony W850C - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-16-2015, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Samsung J6300 or Sony W850C

I am looking to buy a 65 inch 1080p TV in the next month. I was pretty dead set on the Sony W850C but now that the J6300 dropped to the same price I am weighing my options.

Minimal reviews on the Sony outside of AVS posts but is the J6300 a better TV considering Samsung use inferior panels in their 65" TVs? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-17-2015, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 25
One main difference I see is that the J6300 is a native 60 Hz panel, while the W850C IS a 120 Hz panel (the smaller W800C are not).

That means that for motion, the W850C is going to be much better.

It is also direct lit, which means it should have slightly better uniformity than the J6300.

This is all speculation from the spec, as the W850C just came out, there is hardly any reviews of it.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-17-2015, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Sorry, actually the J6300 is also a native 120Hz panel.

In that case, I don't see much of a difference at all in spec, and I doubt anyone who has money to buy two sets and compare side-by-side would care about these low-end sets, so you may just have to look at showrooms or go with your brand preference.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-17-2015, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Appreciate the input. Leaning towards the Sony from seeing both in person at the store. Rtings.com added additional review comments for the W850C today so I'm thinking that means their review should be out in the next few days. Curious to see how it compares to their favorable review of the J6300 (although they reviewed 55" not 65").

At the end of the day, I would like one of them to go on sale which would make the decision easier.

post #5 of 5 Old 06-17-2015, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbodyvt1224 View Post
Appreciate the input. Leaning towards the Sony from seeing both in person at the store. Rtings.com added additional review comments for the W850C today so I'm thinking that means their review should be out in the next few days. Curious to see how it compares to their favorable review of the J6300 (although they reviewed 55" not 65").

At the end of the day, I would like one of them to go on sale which would make the decision easier.

I saw that as well the data looks quite informative; I am excited to see their review. I expect they will find input lag to be lower than the Samsung's and the black screen uniformity to be much better as well as motion blur to be lower. I started the 65/75w850c thread and am very happy with the set. Someone tested lag at 36ms with a Leo Bodnar lag tester so I suspect rtings will get the same reading. I guess the score to come in about an 8.3-8.4. I guess we will see soon enough if rtings concurs that it is a great 1080p set or not...

Edit: After reviewing black screen uniformity was excellent on the Samsung/ Sony should be the same, I still think the score will remain 8.3-8.4... We shall see.

Last edited by Crasi1411; 06-17-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page