Samsung 55D800 stuck at 25% brightness - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-29-2015, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Samsung 55D800 stuck at 25% brightness

I have a 4 year old Samsung UN55D8000 that the brightness on yesterday was perfectly - evenly lit at 25%. The pic is not bad in a dark room, but really no good in a bright room .

I went through all the settings and shut off the ECO and Room sensors and nothing helped.
Adjusting the brighness did nothing - not even dim. Adjusting the gamma made it a little brighter, but really just killed the blacks

When power cycling, seems like the Logo is bright, but by the time actual sources played it was dim again.
At first when turning on\off Game Mode the set went to 100%, but it didn't last. I also noticed if I change sources the set will go to 100% for a second too
You can also see a little bit of pulsing when it transitions from bright to dim.
I did a few "knock knocks" on the screen which did nothing.

From googling today, I see this unit has a BN44-00431A power supply and no separate LED Driver board. I presume the main board must have the voltages going through it in order to control brightness so do you think this is a PS issue, or Main board? This model does have "Local Dimming", could this cause an entire screen to dim and possibly be the LED panel?

I was going to pull it off the wall today and poke around with a meter, but right now it's working perfectly (figures) but I'm sure it's only a matter of days before it dies again.

Appreciate any knowledge
Kind Regards,
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement