HDTV Technology Query - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 3 Unread Today, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HDTV Technology Query

Had recently focused in on Vizio for a flat panel HDTV with WiFi and found that none of their models allows one to navigate the internet through a wifi keyboard and mouse. Never thought that this would not be an offered feature. Hoping someone technically inclined might comment. Much thanks for an informed opinion as I await a reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Unread Today, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 386
TV's are not computers in the sense that what ever you can do on a computer, you can do on a tv. Some have decent browsers but you are limited somewhat in what you can do because of the proprietary nature. When ever I feel the need to cruise the web on my tv (which is rarely) I just connect my laptop to my tv and mirror what my laptop screen displays.
post #3 of 3 Unread Today, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by philpense View Post
Had recently focused in on Vizio for a flat panel HDTV with WiFi and found that none of their models allows one to navigate the internet through a wifi keyboard and mouse. Never thought that this would not be an offered feature. Hoping someone technically inclined might comment. Much thanks for an informed opinion as I await a reply
I think BT support is more common than RF support. Although you have to check each model/brand individually. Also keep in mind that that most plugins will not run on the TV such as flash or Java so depending on what you do you might be limited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page