VIZIO 55" Class LCD HDTV 120Hz question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mpgxsvcd
post #1 of 4 Unread Today, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
VIZIO 55" Class LCD HDTV 120Hz question

I have owned this TV and had it hooked up to my pc for a while....I was just noticing that it says it is 120hz and on my pc the highest refresh rate it allows is 60hz for it. Is this not a true 120hz or what. Kinda confused. My Acer 27" 120hz shows me 120hz option. Is there something I need to do??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	843186  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Unread Today, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by customgtp View Post
I have owned this TV and had it hooked up to my pc for a while....I was just noticing that it says it is 120hz and on my pc the highest refresh rate it allows is 60hz for it. Is this not a true 120hz or what. Kinda confused. My Acer 27" 120hz shows me 120hz option. Is there something I need to do??
Think it depends on the source material you displaying. 120Hz HDTVs only accepts 60Hz inputs. The 120Hz refers to video processing done internally by the HDTV to smooth out video and also give it that "live" look. In between every two actual from the source the HDTV will create an intermediate frame. Gaming wise, this creates input lag because it requires time for the HDTV to make an intermediate frame. You need to switch the HDTV to "60Hz mode
post #3 of 4 Unread Today, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by customgtp View Post
The 55” and smaller 2015 Vizio M-series Tvs are 60 FPS native TVs. The 120 Hz thing is just meant to confuse everyone. If a TV says it is a 120 Hz TV then it is most likely a native 60 Hz TV. If it says it is a 240 Hz TV then it is most likely a 120 Hz native TV.

If it says it is a greater than 240 Hz TV then they are just lying. Nothing is truly higher than a 120 FPS native display at the moment as there is nothing that can output higher than that right now.

You need to get a 60 inch or larger 2015 Vizio M-series to do 1080p @ 120 FPS. It won't work with the 55" or less 2015 Vizio M-series. It won't work with any of the current Samsung TVs either. The 2014 P-series are able to do 1080p @ 120 FPS after the recent firmware update. That goes for all sizes of the P-series.
mboojigga likes this.
post #4 of 4 Unread Today, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays