Sony KDL60W630B & Direct tv - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-25-2015, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sony KDL60W630B & Direct tv

I have a new Sony KDL60W630B, and the Direct TV Whole home system with HD DVR. I am planning on buying the Sony HT-CT780 sound bar with sub. I also have a SONY Blue ray player. My question is how to best connect all these components for the best sound and ease of control with Bravia Sync. and the Direct TV remote. I will be using the apps on the TV and also have a Ethernet cord ran to this location. I will be mounting the TV and Soundbar to the wall.

Here is my best guess. DVR and Blue Ray to the sound bar via HDMI. Then the Sound bar
to the TV with the HDMI ( ARC). I know with Bravia sync the Blue Ray, Sound bar and TV will all be interconnected. At this time the Direct TV remote is set to turn on the TV and adjust the volume of the TV. I am going to connect the Ethernet cord directly to the TV

So my main question is...... When I turn on the TV with the Direct TV remote, will it also power up the sound bar and control the volume?. I would think that if the TV and Soundbar are connected by Bravia sync it would. I know to control the Blue Ray and TV apps etc I will need to use the Sony remote.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2015, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
P.S. Both the Blue Ray and TV have the Netflix app. If I want to watch a movie with the best sound quality should I watch it from the Blue Ray player which will be connected straight to the Sound bar? I have heard that sound from the TV to the Sound bar via the HDMI will not support Dolby content?. But since the sound is going from the Blue Ray to the sound bar I should get this Dolby surround or DTS or whatever.

If you have not figured it out yet Im a newb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement