Need help with LG 60UB8200 | Turning off screen saver! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-29-2015, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Need help with LG 60UB8200 | Turning off screen saver!

We want to use them to show a picture constantly, but screen saver keeps on turning on.

Firmware is upgraded to the latest one, and turned eco mode off. No luck.

I thought of copying the same files to multiple copies so the tv can go through it as slide shows but it will still sop in the end and not repeat.

If I copy the files to TV hard drive, will it help?

I tried researching into this issue, but no luck.
Called and contacted LG, tech support told me that I purchased the wrong TVs? I am not even sure what that means, I guess I should have looked into another brand.

10 of these guys are installed now so I want to save the hassle and not return them.

Thanks for any suggestion and input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The only time I have ever seen a screen saver come up on my TV (same model, BTW) is if there is no signal on the selected input. But even if you are displaying a static view (such as from a slide of a Powerpoint, or even just a photo image), I don't see why the TV would interpret this as no-signal. I'm trying to think what happens if I pause a TV program, or a disk. My impression is that the TV is fine with the paused image, indefinitely. (The Blu-ray player may go from paused to some other state, such as showing its home menu, but the TV will still display that.) Maybe I am not understanding the symptoms you are experiencing.

Not to ask a stupid question, but is the screen saver coming from your source, and not the TV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
lg tv , screen saver