Panasonic VIERA TC-P55GT30 MP4 Issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Panasonic VIERA TC-P55GT30 MP4 Issue

I have a Panasonic VIERA TC-P55GT30 hdtv. It can play MP4 videos. I convert other types of videos like avi into MP4s to watch on he TV. I use the iSkysoft software to complete the conversion. The video always works on the tv, but there are times when the audio does not work. The MP4 file works fine on a computer but the audio does not work when viewing through the media software from the TV. I have no idea why the audio doesn't work on the tv. Does anyone know what the issue could be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 12:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 103
MP4 allows several different Audio formats, including MPEG-4 AAC, .mp3, .mp2, MPEG-1 Part 3 (.mp1, .mp2), MPEG-2 Part 3 (.mp3), CELP (speech), TwinVQ (very low bitrates) and SAOL (midi)....also LPCM .wav format plus .ac3 and .eac3 Surround Sound....others (such as mka, flac, dts, etc) could also be carried, but very few programs/equipment implement them:
https://www.coolutils.com/Formats/MP4

Manual for your Panasonic says that for MP4 Video, it ONLY allows .mp3, .ac3 and LPCM (.wav) Audio file formats for DLNA (Remote I-N Server) and on USB & SD ports (not sure if this also applies to Internet Streaming). You'll need to use one of numerous File Conversion Software Packages, such as VLC, to convert to something your HDTV will accept.

Other FORUMS ( e.g. HTPC, et.al.) are better suited to discussing File Conversion Programs and Issues.

Last edited by holl_ands; Today at 01:38 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Thread moved to proper section. Please read the sticky notes that say "read before posting" before posting.

Thread title edited to make more specific for help and archiving purposes. Please avoid generic thread titles. Put as much information in the title as possible.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page