LG TV Global Dimming and hotel mode disabling instructions - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-12-2015, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LG TV Global Dimming and hotel mode disabling instructions

Fair warning, I have only been able to test this with the TV's in hotels, which may be different than regular TV's

Sitting in my hotel (I travel every week for work) I decided I was sick of the global dimming on the TV's in the hotels. Since I use the Hilton brands (Hampton inn, Hilton, Double Tree, etc) I see this a lot on the LG TV's. So I decided to see how I can turn this off. Searching the internet, all I could find was changing the name of the input, but that doesn't help in the hotels I stay at. They are all connected via COAX. So, how do you turn off Global Dimming on the TV? Here's how:

Worked on an LG XXLY570H TV

ensure "Commercial Mode"/"Hotel Mode"/"FTG (Free to Guest) Mode" has been disabled. instructions below
1) press Menu Settings multiple times until menu stops appearing and disappearing.
(for some LG TV's HOLD MENU on the remote AND on the TV itself to enter this mode, and skip to step 3)
2) Enter 9876 then press OK/ENTER
3) Using the Dpad up and down arrows go to 099 BACK LIGHTING (Number may Vary based on TV model and age)
4) select any setting between 001 and 200 ( if you use the Left and Right Dpad buttons, you can change it slowly and see the backlight change)

The TV's are all shipped using a setting 202 or 255 which is the firmware code for the global dimming.

I'm sure there will be people who this does not work for, but perhaps this will set people on the right path to figure out their own LG's instructions.

I hope this helps some of you, as I am glad I don't have to deal with it any more.

Disabling newer LG TV's Hotel Mode:

Please use responsibly YOU CANNOT PUT THE TV BACK INTO THE HOTEL MODE AFTER DOING THE FOLLOWING STEPS

1) press Menu Settings multiple times until menu stops appearing anddisappearing.

2) Enter 9876 then press OK/ENTER

3) using the Dpad up and down arrows, go to 117 FACT DEFAULT

4) Enter 415 and press OK/ENTER

5) Enter password 0415 and press OK/ENTER

6) AFTER the TV turns off, turn it back on.

you will need to rescan for channels of course, as you have an out of thebox tv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-04-2016, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Once I have changed the picture number to between 001 and 200, how do I then enter and confirm the change? When I press menu it kicks back to default number. Thanks.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-14-2016, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for posting this! I travel often for work, and this LG television global dimming feature has been killing me the last few days at my hotel this week. I initially called the front desk to voice my discontent and they said nobody's ever complained about that before? So I hit the Internet and here I am. In any case, like the previous poster, when I set the back lighting value (after entering the service menu) the television does not accept my input value - but rather defaults back to the previous setting when I click OK or exit out of the menu. Just curious if there's anything more I can do? whatever the case, if nothing else, I can honestly say that after this experience I will certainly not consider buying an LG television when my Aquos dies in the next couple of years.

post #4 of 5 Old 10-05-2017, 05:03 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lg 32l-x560h

Hi. Am looking for how to access the service menu on the LG 32L-X560H tv.

The tv is currently in Hotel Mode and when I do auto-scan for OTA channels it returns zero channels.
I was told I had to find the service menu and turn off the Hotel Mode.

I have the original LG remote that came with TV.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-06-2017, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by comandoed View Post
Hi. Am looking for how to access the service menu on the LG 32L-X560H tv.

The tv is currently in Hotel Mode and when I do auto-scan for OTA channels it returns zero channels.
I was told I had to find the service menu and turn off the Hotel Mode.

I have the original LG remote that came with TV.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post 1547 of the following thread.

" Service Menu Access Codes : Official Request Thread "

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
XXLY570H

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page