Hisense 55H9B2 55" Curved 4K Full-Array LED Backlight w/ 85 Zones under 1K - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-06-2015, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Demoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Hisense 55H9B2 55" Curved 4K Full-Array LED Backlight w/ 85 Zones under 1K

This set is now showing up on amazon. The series below it, the H7s are also showing at 65" and get's really good reviews. Specs for this set are:


ULED 4K 85-Zone Local Dimming: The Local Dimming technology provides deeper blacks of images because the brightness of the backlights are more uniformed.
Ultra Smooth Motion (SMR) feature: Enjoy watching fast-moving sports competitions or movie scenes. SMR technology minimizes motion blur and jitters to give you the best viewing experience possible.
Optimized picture and sound modes: This TV comes with multiple picture modes and sound modes that you can adjust to suit your preference.


Two inputs are HDMI version 2.0 with HDCP version 2.2 supporting 4K content up to a full 60 frames per second. The other two inputs are HDMI version 1.4a with HDCP version 2.0 supporting 4K content up to 30 frames per second.


3 USB ports: This TV has three USB ports (one version 3.1 and two version 2.0)


This TV hosts Total Technology from dbx-tv which brings extraordinary audio to the built-in speakers with Total Sonics, Total Volume, and Total Surround. These features enhance the bass, volume and sound.


Hisense Qview, Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Amazon, Vudu, Facebook and many others) that are already installed for you to enjoy.
Netflix Recommended TV designation: This includes suspending and resuming operation of the TV, always connected to the Internet (2x2 Dual-Band Wi-Fi) and one-touch hot keys that turn on the TV and launch select on-demand services.
Demoth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 10-08-2015, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Demoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 31
This TV is now shipping on Amazon, making it the cheapest quantum dot display? (Dynamic nanocrystal backlight) sold atm even at a cut-rate price. Can't wait for reviews to come in soon.
Demoth is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 10-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
kleenex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 532
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoth View Post
This TV is now shipping on Amazon, making it the cheapest quantum dot display? (Dynamic nanocrystal backlight) sold atm even at a cut-rate price. Can't wait for reviews to come in soon.
AND it is CURVED
kleenex is online now  
post #4 of 9 Old 10-08-2015, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,419
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1165 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoth View Post
This set is now showing up on amazon. The series below it, the H7s are also showing at 65" and get's really good reviews. Specs for this set are:


ULED 4K 85-Zone Local Dimming: The Local Dimming technology provides deeper blacks of images because the brightness of the backlights are more uniformed.
Ultra Smooth Motion (SMR) feature: Enjoy watching fast-moving sports competitions or movie scenes. SMR technology minimizes motion blur and jitters to give you the best viewing experience possible.
Optimized picture and sound modes: This TV comes with multiple picture modes and sound modes that you can adjust to suit your preference.


Two inputs are HDMI version 2.0 with HDCP version 2.2 supporting 4K content up to a full 60 frames per second. The other two inputs are HDMI version 1.4a with HDCP version 2.0 supporting 4K content up to 30 frames per second.


3 USB ports: This TV has three USB ports (one version 3.1 and two version 2.0)


This TV hosts Total Technology from dbx-tv which brings extraordinary audio to the built-in speakers with Total Sonics, Total Volume, and Total Surround. These features enhance the bass, volume and sound.


Hisense Qview, Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Amazon, Vudu, Facebook and many others) that are already installed for you to enjoy.
Netflix Recommended TV designation: This includes suspending and resuming operation of the TV, always connected to the Internet (2x2 Dual-Band Wi-Fi) and one-touch hot keys that turn on the TV and launch select on-demand services.
I would hold off purchase as there is some question whether this 55H9 is a true FALD set with 85 zones. This is identical to the Hisense K720 in China and Europe that is said to be edge-lit.

https://translate.google.com/transla...0/&prev=search

DON'T ARGUE WITH ME. I AM NEVER WONG.
sytech is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 12-03-2015, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MCaugusto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BOSTON --- MA ---
Posts: 1,447
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
I would hold off purchase as there is some question whether this 55H9 is a true FALD set with 85 zones. This is identical to the Hisense K720 in China and Europe that is said to be edge-lit.

https://translate.google.com/transla...0/&prev=search
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hisense USA website specifications for the 55H9B2 clearly and proudly mention the use of FALD with 85 dimming zones as well as quantum-dot technology, conveniently labeled by the company as "ULED".
MCaugusto is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 12-03-2015, 03:00 PM
Member
 
rikkyjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
I would hold off purchase as there is some question whether this 55H9 is a true FALD set with 85 zones. This is identical to the Hisense K720 in China and Europe that is said to be edge-lit.

https://translate.google.com/transla...0/&prev=search
The 55" K720 in Europe is a 50hz native panel with Full LED Local Dimming of 75 zones (85 zones on the 65") provided with HDMI 2.0a connectors and future HDR compatibility. That is according to the preview I have seen on that same site.
rikkyjames is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 12-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Heinz68's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, CAN
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
I would hold off purchase as there is some question whether this 55H9 is a true FALD set with 85 zones. This is identical to the Hisense K720 in China and Europe that is said to be edge-lit.

https://translate.google.com/transla...0/&prev=search
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkyjames View Post
The 55" K720 in Europe is a 50hz native panel with Full LED Local Dimming of 75 zones (85 zones on the 65") provided with HDMI 2.0a connectors and future HDR compatibility. That is according to the preview I have seen on that same site.
Maybe there was something lost in translation in the "sytech" posted link so technically he might be still "NEVER WONG" but the question is, where did he read the 55H9 is identical to Europe Hisense K720?

The 55" H9B is described by Hisense USA, Amazon and some preview for example HDGURU as "85 local dimming zones", the 55" K720 has 75 local dimming zones. Doesn't sound identical to me so somebody must be wong here.

Last edited by Heinz68; 12-09-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Heinz68 is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 12-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Would this be better than the vizio m55?
ibrawl is online now  
post #9 of 9 Old 12-10-2015, 06:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Heinz68's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, CAN
Posts: 248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 64
^^^^^
On paper better than the m55 also more future proof if firmware upgraded to HDR and HDMI2.0a same as the 65h10b. Waiting for some big site review.

I'm looking for very long time for 55" TV/monitor with FALD.

One of the Amazon customer review points out no 4K@Hz 4:4:4 chroma and no 1080p 120Hz so that's not the best choice as PC monitor and PC gaming

Last edited by Heinz68; 12-11-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Heinz68 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off