AVS Forum banner

help with service menu on 65uf7700

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  bp787 
#1 ·
well, I was poking around in the service menu on my new 65uf7700 to enable DTS audio output via ARC, and while I was in Tool Option 1 looking around, I got bumped and smashed the keypad, which changed a few settings!

I was able to reset the size, and model easily enough. However I didn't catch what the panel maker and bit number. I'm pretty sure that all the uf7700's are LGD, so that's what I set it to, and left the panel bit at 10bit. I have been unable to locate anything posted online about this particular model's service menu settings.

I'm not sure anything bad has happened, but i'm noticing a bit of over saturation on some tv channels that I wasn't noticing earlier. could just be my mind going crazy! :eek: netflix 1080P and 4k videos looked fine though :)

if ANYONE can enter their service menu on the uf7700 models and validate the bits and panel maker, that would be greatly appreciated.

as a side note, the reason I went into the menu in the first place was because LG stupidly doesn't output DD or DTS via ARC by default. Well, as luck would have it, the TV supports up to DTS-HD, at least according to the menu. I was only able to quickly verify that DTS and DD both worked on streamed video.

See less See more
#5 ·
Lol thanks for making me feel bad! I had to go in and fix the audio output issue, and that was the only way to make it work. I'm going to have someone else who is knowledgeable come over and give it a look. I've got time to look at the TV for awhile before i decide. Not too happy with Webos or the remote, but those are not that big of a deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.