Recommend the best 40-43" tv for gaming (PQ and input lag) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Old 10-16-2015, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Recommend the best 40-43" tv for gaming (PQ and input lag)

I'm still using my Panasonic 42UT50, which has been great for me, fantastic even. Good blacks, color, and a nice crisp image for console games with it's 42" size. I'm not interested in anything larger for console games due to field of view and I always like sitting 3ft from the display when playing first person shooters. My PC is still my main platform, but now and then I do enjoy the console exclusives and it's been a few years since I've looked into displays so I figured surely there's something better now.

I prioritize picture quality over everything else. I will even take a hit on color and input lag to get excellent contrast. Not too much lag though I don't want to go backwards from what I already have. Deal breakers for me are halos, clouding, etc I need stable black levels! This isn't too much to ask for in 2015 is it? It doesn't have to be OLED blacks, but edge lit LCDs bother me. So I started looking into it and so far I'm seeing that the Vizio M-series looks appealing. I'm looking into this one due to it having local dimming. Even if it has fewer zones than competitors..still better than nothing I suppose. 4K is probably overkill, but if scales PS3/4 nicely (I play older games too) then I'm okay with it.

It's a shame they don't make OLED sizes smaller as I'd be all over that, but it is what it is and I turn to gurus on this board for advise. Am I really not going to be blown away by anything coming from a plasma? I have the upgrade bug and if it cost under a grand for a screen this size then it's not a problem. Ppl spend way more on insane PC setups.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread - 40-43 by