Phillips 47pfl7603d/10 screen issues - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Old 10-16-2015, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Phillips 47pfl7603d/10 screen issues

Hi, I am having screen issues with my Phillips tv. I have had a read of quite a lot of posts one managed to help quite a bit.

I also realise people need as much information as possible to provide suitable feedback.

I have two images of the effects taking place with the tv. But cannot post them till I have made 5 posts..

Although I can briefly explain. The screen acts like it is flipping the display but only along the top. It also blackens and displays darker images on the right hand side of the screen. The top is acting like it is trying to reposition the display. The centre area, top to bottom looks like a light dying/flickering on/off.

This effect happens roughly 10-15 seconds after the tv is turned on and then remains on screen. The effects sometimes dissapear for 5-10 seconds at a time. Sometimes longer. However they always come back.

The screen originally had huge amounts of image retention down one side, after doing several different white washes and such this has mostly faded, however still sometimes returns with when still images like menus remain there two long.

My tv picture settings are as follows.
Smart settings - standard.
Contrast - 50
Brightness - 0
Colour - 60
Sharpness - 6
Tint - normal
Pixel plus - off
HD Natural motion - off
Dynamic contrast - off
Noise reduction - off
Mpeg artefact reduction - off
Colour enhancement - off
Active control - off
Light sensor - off
Picture format - unscaled

I can also confirm that although the effects are present in the menu, if I leave the menu open for 30seconds+ the effects are no longer present. This includes the screen flicker. Until my attatched device goes dim after set time away.

I do not have the internal tuner set up as I have satellite tv.

There is significant heat coming from the tv, almost like the heat from a device if the fan/cooler was dead.

Sometimes the tv displays this on the right hand side. (Cant post image link)
Negative/sepia flipped display on top/under the correct display.

I have noticed damage to the aerial component on the back. also These effects remain on all inputs.

I would like a rough idea what is wrong before I see about getting it fixed.

If needed I can get a video that I can upload to show the effects in real time.
Sponsored Links
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page