Cheap 40"-42" for Virtual Pinball Table - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Old 11-09-2015, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Cheap 40"-42" for Virtual Pinball Table

I'm looking at cheap LCD TVs to be used as a virtual pinball play field. Stunning picture requirement is not a must and in fact, it's not at all important. In this situation, cost, 1 to 1 pixel mapping, and lack of "smearing" due to ball movement are the real criteria with brand quality and picture quality being further on the list. Having said that, I'm looking at options from Insignia, Westinghouse, Vizio, and opened box / ebay LG and Samsung. The other consideration is replacements. In the event the TV dies which of the brands would likely have more on the market as a replacement since the pinball cabinet has to be made to play table specs without the bezel on the TV (technically you could include the bezel but it would add the width without any real return. I realize the importance of picture quality when it comes to watching tv / movies; my primary tv is a kuro 6020 and for movies a JVC 4910 projector. This is totally different since I'm mostly going to be seeing brighter objects in a lit room. I know it's not the right logic but I'm trying to keep the game table low cost due to other purchases needed to complete the project.

Thanks for any thoughts on the products.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread - 40 by