AVS Forum banner

Picked up LG 65UF6490 4K from Costco but cant find any info on it?

16K views 49 replies 25 participants last post by  4ktvnoob 
#1 ·
Picked up this set at Costco a couple of days ago but can't find any details on it. When I go into the picture settings, I don't have access to adjust sharpness, brightness, color, gamma, etc. Picture is ok but what do I really have here?

#38 ·
I've been using on the 65UF6450 version from BestBuy

Picture Mode Standard
Backlight 70
Contrast 64
Brightness 61
Sharpness 25
Color 58
Tint 0
Color temp 0

Advanced Controls

Dynamic Contrast Off
Dynamic Color Low
Preferred colors all 0
Color Gamut Wide
Super Resolution Low
Gamma Low

Picture Options
Noise Reduction Low
MPEG Noise Reduction Low
Black Level Low
Real Cinema Off
Motion Eye Care Off
Tru Motion Off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

#39 ·
I got the TV from Best Buy and have an issue with HMDI ARC. I have its HDMI2 (ARC) to my receiver's HDMI ARC port. When powering on both receiver and TV, there's always no TV sound out from receiver speakers. TV speakers are of course muted because of TV's ARC setting. TV's optical audio out has sound. To hear the TV sound from receiver speakers, I have to first switch TV from antenna mode to a HDMI source that is playing at least audio. After that, I can hear TV sound even after I switch it back to antenna. No setup changes needed. Clues anyone?

#44 ·
Is anyone getting decent smoothness on sports programs? I seem to be getting a lot of judder when watching football, basketball, etc. Have tried different motion smoothing settings without much luck. Comcast is cable provider. Not getting any similar choppiness on my Samsung UN55D7000 on same system in the house.

#46 ·
My 5 year old samsung plasma bit the dust yesterday. I decided to check costco and got the lg for $579. It was the display model. It had only been on display since the middle of november. No box but everything else was there. Adding the tax and 5 year warranty it was $676 out the door. I will try out some 4k content tonight. The built in 4k loop looks fantastic. Yes sd looks like crap. It also looks like crap on my $4000 jvc projector. My biggest concern is that the black level will not be nearly as good as my old plasma.

#47 ·
I also got the lg 65uf6450 for $999 at BB. I have a newly purchased yamaha rx-v379(hdmi 2.0 hdcp 2.2) receiver that i got open box at BB for $179. im going to swap out my receivers this evening. I have a pc that i will be connecting up to this setup via hdmi but im not sure about my hdmi cables. I think the ones i have are 4-5 year old generic cheapy 6 and 9 footers that have served me well, at least for basic 1080p. Im hoping they will work.

Oh, and my computer is a 2600k@4.5ghz and a Gigabyte gtx980ti G1 so no worries there. I currently have a 27" 1440p monitor going via dvi-d, and i intend to mirror the output going to that monitor to my 65 4k. 2160p rendering of my games might not be doable but i can surely continue rendering at 1440p which should still look amazing on a 65 4k.

If i cannot get this to output 4k@60hz i would suspect it would be my hdmi cables. If that ends up being the case do you guys know where i can get cheap hdmi cables that will handle up to 4k@60hz 4.4.4? I will report back my results soon.

#48 · (Edited)
Just set this TV up today and have a few basic questions:

1) Does anyone else notice the TV tilts slightly backwards by about 5 degrees (i.e. screen points up towards cealing)? I am using the stand provided. I got my level out and confirmed the table we are putting it on is flat and the TV truly is at an angle. Someone on the Best Buy review section had the same issue. For now I have 'fixed' it by adjusting the level of my table.

2) The manual and guide refer to the "Magic Remote" but mine only came with a cheap/basic remote. I was not expecting anything fancy but it seems this remote is fairly limited and won't control a cable box or any other player. I have not bought a TV in a few years but all my previous TVs at least had the option to control a STB (set top box) and I thought that was fairly common.

3) Does the "Tru-4K Engine" work and is it on by default? If not, how do you turn it on?

4) Is there a button or setting that will show the source input video quality? For example, is there something that will show if you are watching a video in 720, 1080, 4k?

Thanks!

#49 ·
Is vertical banding normal on this set? I've only seen one or two people mention it which makes me think either it's not a normal thing, or that most people just don't notice/aren't bothered by it. I received this tv as a "free upgrade" after I had to return four (yes four) Samsung 55-inch 4k tvs that were all plagued with horrible backlight bleeding and dead pixel issues. The manager at Micro Center offered this 65-inch LG at no additional cost, and due to all of my frustrations with the Samsung, I gave in.

I've had it for about 3 weeks, and for the most part, it's been a great tv. However, the vertical banding on this thing is HORRID. I mostly only notice during with lighter colors (light grey, light blues, etc.) and, now that baseball has started, I notice it constantly when the camera pans to the outfield/grassy areas. Is this normal? I don't want to be an ass and have to return yet another tv, so I guess I'd like some clarification on whether or not this is a normal thing and I should just learn to accept it. And to add to that, is there anything that can be done, settings wise, to decrease the banding?

#50 ·
I don't know how normal banding is with this particular model, but I have this tv and it also suffers from vertical banding about 1/3 of the way from the right side. Drives me crazy, but I did only pay $800. Now I am sorta wishing I had returned and got something else but it's pay my 90 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.