AVS Forum banner

Lg 60uf7300???

36K views 43 replies 27 participants last post by  frank72nova 
#1 ·
This is at BB for $899 and people have had success using the movers coupon to make it a little more than $800.

I can't find anything on it other than the LG website. That says is does have local dimming (although I am assuming it's edge-lit). Does not have the smart remote but supposedly is compatible with it if you want to purchase later. Is listed on LG website as having TruMotion 240hz.

In many ways seems similar to the 60UF7700. The only difference I can see is 7700 has "triple XD engine" and "tru-color generator". I also don't know if it can handle HDR or if the vp9 thing for youtube works with it.

Anyone have experience with this set? I can't find anything on here. The commenters on the site I found it at all seem to be very impressed.

#6 ·
I purchased this tv from BB 2 days ago and so far it is a huge improvement. I was finally able to replace my older model Sharp Aquos 46" 1080p. This tv is like night and day compared to my Sharp. Its my first "smart" tv and so far we love it. I feel the blacks could be a little darker but i'm going to play around with it and see if i can tweak it a little. i did compare this tv to the LG priced at $1399 and the rep said the only real difference is color contrast (sharper, blacker blacks?). He said for the money its not worth paying the extra $500. However, yesterday i noticed that BB now has the 65" model of this same tv for $999. It appears to have the same specs except the 65" only has 1 usb port where the 60" has 3 usb ports. Now i'm just trying to decide if i want to swap the 60" for the 65". For $100 more it almost seems like a no brainer.

#9 ·
My setting let me know if you have better:

Ok, here are my settings.  Got rid of the fake look/ soap opera with no blurr or jitter:

Picture Mode: APS
Aspect - Just Scan
Energy saving off
Backlight - 80
Contrast - 85
Bright - 45
Sharpness - 0
color - 60
tint - 0
Color Temp - c23
advanced:
OFF
High
Wide
Off
Low
Options:
off
off
low
on 
off
off
user Dejudder 4  deblur 4

Give me your if they are better

#14 ·
I picked up one of these to replace an ailing Toshiba 62 rear projection 1080p, and am very happy with it so far. I think the pic is fantastic after running DVE.

Settings:
Picture Mode: isf Expert 1
Backlight 50
Contrast 72
Brightness 54
H Sharpness 24
V Sharpness 24
Color 57
Tint 0

I haven't gone through the entire expert color settings, but very happy with the picture.

#18 ·
Just took the plunge and purchased this LG set. Figured it was a great price at $899 especially being 120hz, and Best Buy is actually raising the price back up to $999 on it starting tomorrow and they're even advertising the higher $999 price as being one of their cyber monday deals, just a heads up for anyone considering this set that today is probably your last chance to get it at $899. Getting it delivered next Friday afternoon, can't wait.

Anyways, does anyone know if this set can play HEVC 4k video files played off of usb sticks/external hard drives plugged into the TV? The specs say that least one of the USB ports is 3.0. Hoping I don't have to buy a Roku 4 or Nvidia Shield just to play my own 4k files. And lastly does anyone know for sure if this has .vp9 support for true 4k youtube? Thanks.

#19 ·
This TV leaves * A LOT* to be desired straight out of the box. I plugged it in and the web os demo makes the tv look like it is going to be awesome, but once real programming came on and I set the OOB modes to standard or cinema my stomach sank. After taking the time to calibrate the set I am VERY pleased for what I paid for this unit. I went to Best Buy and Frys today to see if they had anything else even close to the $800 I paid and nothing I would return this unit for in that range unless I was willing to go +$400-500 or down to a 55".

I hooked my PC into the TV (HDMI 1) and was able to get it to UHD resolution @ 60hz no problem. I played Mortal Kombat X, Super Street Fighter and the new Battlefield and the lag feels fairly low but hard to say without running an official test. I also was able to get Netflix 4k streaming working without any issues and youtube video directly off the built-in app on the tv.

Worst part of the TV would be the color uniformity which most LGs are known for, the bottom right of the screen is definitely more "gray" than black but I lucked out with it only being in the lower right corner. Also be aware it will take some time to get the judder under control with the user settings, took me about an hour until I got it dialed in for movies/regular tv watching.

#22 ·
Hey all,

I am out of town for business, I will post my settings when I get home. I do remember leaving my motion settings on 1 for both juddger and blur, anything over on either scale caused it to be choppy to my eyes. The lower values really do well on my TV for some reason where as the higher ones are very noticeable.

#33 ·
The biggest source of feedback on this specific model right now seems to be the Best Buy reviews, which have not been very favorable as of late. Lots of people are claiming motion blur, etc, but after tweaking the settings I'm not noticing much blur (unless I'm just uneducated as to what motion blur looks like). What about you guys? The picture looks solid to me with the exception of certain 720p channels looking a bit off but that seems to be unavoidable with a 60" TV. Turning the sharpness way down close to zero and Trumotion off seemed to help with this the most. As for Trumotion though, should it be turned back on when watching 4K content? And on the topic of 4K, has anyone had any success playing back 4K video files off of an external hard drive or USB stick plugged directly into the TV?

Hey all,

I am out of town for business, I will post my settings when I get home. I do remember leaving my motion settings on 1 for both juddger and blur, anything over on either scale caused it to be choppy to my eyes. The lower values really do well on my TV for some reason where as the higher ones are very noticeable.
Any chance we could still get those settings if you have a chance? :)

Thanks all.

#23 ·
Anyone have any more feedback/experience using this particular model so far? Mine is getting delivered Friday. I'm excited, because this is my fist new TV since an old Philips 42" 60hz from 2008, but some of the recent reviews on Best Buy's website are a little troubling. All I have is an RCN Tivo box, an Apple TV, and an old PS3 so I'm hoping I can adjust the picture to a quality level for each. Has anyone tried using ARC/Optical Audio out on this TV yet? I'm hoping those features both work fine.

#24 ·
i just bought this t.v last night at local BB for $999. I'll check back in a few days to see how it is. So far, I'm running it w/ my Direct TV and Direct TV seems like it doesn't even have that much 1080p content to begin w/. The sports channels are mostly 720p or 1080i at best. My 4th gen Apple TV looks great! I'm assuming this TV upscales automatically, but how do I know that? I don't see much difference.

#25 ·
Yeah, I'm also wondering about the upscaling. Would routing a cable TV box first through a non-4k AVR and then out to the TV effect the upscaling in any way? This is how I'd prefer to connect my Cable Box (through the non-4K AVR first), but not if it would reduce the quality of the upscaling.

#26 ·
TV not compatible with DirecTV?

I bought this model and hooked it up to my directv box. I am receiving a message stating that the tv is not compatible and in order to receive any channel I need component wires. Problem is that there is no component output on the box. Anyone else receiving this message and if so know how to fix it? Getting extremely frustrated at this point that I have a $900 wall ornament.

#27 ·
I bought this model and hooked it up to my directv box. I am receiving a message stating that the tv is not compatible and in order to receive any channel I need component wires. Problem is that there is no component output on the box. Anyone else receiving this message and if so know how to fix it? Getting extremely frustrated at this point that I have a $900 wall ornament.
My directv box and tv work with no problems.

#30 ·
After messing with settings for 2 weeks I like this the best. Not sure if best for bluray but for cable here is what I am using:

expert1
Just Scan
Energy saving off
Backlight 70
contrast 98
bright 36
h and v sharpness 0
color 66
tint 0

expert control
dynamic off
super off
color standard
edge off
color off
gammma 2.2

White balance
Color Temp Cool
Method use from rrtings for the 7700

Picture Options
Noise off
Mpeg off
black lvl low
real cinema on
led local dimming med
tru motion off. I was watching armegedon last night and was really juddering if this happens put tru motion to user and use the setting
De=judder 6
deblurr to 5.

I found these are the best settings for color and no soap opera. You can get a clearer picture by turning on some of the other setting and using tru motion but then you will have the soap opera effect which I hate. Remember cable is only broadcasting at 720p so the picture is only going to be so good. Blu rays are a different story as those are 1080P. Hope this helps.

#35 ·
The Brightness setting sets the black level.

The "Black Level" option in Picture Options/Expert (forget which one) is just additional processing. There's only two settings for it, Low or High. Which Picture Mode are you using? Vivid, Standard, APS, ISF Expert1/2? If it's grayed out then it's probably not available in that Picture Mode.

#37 ·
just got mine today, i've tried one set of settings, and i am going to try the other listed here soon.

so far so good on the set, excellent picture and easy set up

a couple of questions:

what is "soap opera"?

can i remove "live TV" from my start up menu? and just have the hdmi showing.

you say cable broadcasts at 720 and blu-ray is 1280, why does this TV go to 2160?

thanks.

rjp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.