Sony 65x850c power flicker issue/ settings - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-23-2015, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Sony 65x850c power flicker issue/ settings

Equipment: TV: 4K 65x850c
Sony Blue ray BDPS6500 - 4k upscaling
Brighthouse hd
Apple TV
Samsung Soundbar into hdmi arc

Over the weekend we watched a couple of blue rays, Friday night was elf and had no issues, whites and faces seemed a little grainy. Then the 11/21 update came on after we proceed to turn the tv off. We updated it and went to sleep.

Saturday night we put on Jurassic world, During the movie about 30-45 min into the movie the tv made the sound of it power cycling on/off that distinctive click and about a quarter second of screen flicker. It proceeded to do this 3x during the movie about maybe 20-30 min apart. It wasn't a complete restart of screen shut off. It was more of a power click and black screen flash. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

Also, im a bit confused about my current settings on the BRDP and the TV, I feel like the clarity on my tv isnt that great, esp when watching Brighthouse TV in hd. I feel like basketball and football players are grainy and cant tell face definition unless its a players close up. Does anyone have any setting recommendations for tv viewing? Its currently on hdmi 2 using high speed hdmi, Ive contacted brighthouse about it they sent someone out and replaced my box with the best cisco box they have and ive tried viewing in 720p and 1080i they both appear the same and neither are good. I feel as if the outline of players on the field is blockey or pixelated

Last question is for the bdps6500 do I need to turn off a setting for maximum clarity to the tv? Do I need to turn off any sort of up scaling and let the tv do it, if so how? Cause I keep reading on the forum that the tv should be showing 4k as the input. Sorry for all of the questions and concerns just wanted to get all of my issues out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-24-2015, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Bump, no one has ever seen this screen flash and power click before?
post #3 of 4 Old 06-25-2017, 04:06 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastg View Post
Equipment: TV: 4K 65x850c
Sony Blue ray BDPS6500 - 4k upscaling
Brighthouse hd
Apple TV
Samsung Soundbar into hdmi arc

Over the weekend we watched a couple of blue rays, Friday night was elf and had no issues, whites and faces seemed a little grainy. Then the 11/21 update came on after we proceed to turn the tv off. We updated it and went to sleep.

Saturday night we put on Jurassic world, During the movie about 30-45 min into the movie the tv made the sound of it power cycling on/off that distinctive click and about a quarter second of screen flicker. It proceeded to do this 3x during the movie about maybe 20-30 min apart. It wasn't a complete restart of screen shut off. It was more of a power click and black screen flash. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

Also, im a bit confused about my current settings on the BRDP and the TV, I feel like the clarity on my tv isnt that great, esp when watching Brighthouse TV in hd. I feel like basketball and football players are grainy and cant tell face definition unless its a players close up. Does anyone have any setting recommendations for tv viewing? Its currently on hdmi 2 using high speed hdmi, Ive contacted brighthouse about it they sent someone out and replaced my box with the best cisco box they have and ive tried viewing in 720p and 1080i they both appear the same and neither are good. I feel as if the outline of players on the field is blockey or pixelated

Last question is for the bdps6500 do I need to turn off a setting for maximum clarity to the tv? Do I need to turn off any sort of up scaling and let the tv do it, if so how? Cause I keep reading on the forum that the tv should be showing 4k as the input. Sorry for all of the questions and concerns just wanted to get all of my issues out there.
I've noticed this power flicker thing you describe for a while now. I can't remember exactly when it started. For me it usually happens after about the first 30 min of watching something and often doesn't happen again for the remainder of watching. Maybe once more here and there.

I honestly kinda just let it go. Figured it was a bug. But it's been months now and many updates since and it still does this.

Did you ever get yours figured out? I wonder if this is a symptom of something bad to come?

post #4 of 4 Old 06-25-2017, 04:54 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastg View Post
Bump, no one has ever seen this screen flash and power click before?
You fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page