AVS Forum banner

Vizio M65 (UHD) vs LG 65UF6450 UHD

7K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  osu1991 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Looking for some help in making a decision on a 65' tv.

I've narrowed it down to the Vizio M65 & LG 65UF6450. Both are 4K tv's.

Vizio is Full array and LG is edge lit.

They're both available @ $1799.99 here. Everyone under the sun has the LG on sale this Black friday, so it must be a LG driven sale.

I watch tv including sports (soccer, hockey, football)

Which set do you recommend? Which one should I buy? I keep going back and forth.

any information would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
From what I can find, the Vizio M65-C1 is 120Hz native. It also has full array backlighting. Better than LG 65UF6450, especially if you watch sports. You may be dissapointed by the LG with motion blur. That said most sports are broadcast at 720p @ 60hz, so ask yourself if the price difference (~$300) is worth it and how long you want to keep it. Cable/broadcast will stay at these rates for at least a couple years, then maybe 1080p compressed first, 4k compressed on only a few channels. Good luck, think you should go for the Vizio. Get a good 4 year warranty for $100-$150 too. Vizio's are good, but cover yourself. Check Costco deal/Sam's Club maybe. Walmart also has good coverage, cheap price. Happy Thanksgiving!

#4 ·
I looked at both in best buy this past Monday, but price was a big difference. With demo material I didn't see much difference. The LG is on sale for $999 and I got it for $899 after a 10% off coupon. I am happy with the purchase.

I noticed an immediate difference when i got it home and it was side by side with the 1080p set it was replacing. Monday Night Football on ESPN looked great thru Dish and OTA the NFL game looks really good on Fox this Thanksgiving morning. Haven't checked out Netflix yet but some 4k stuff on YouTube looked amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

#5 ·
so I picked up the LG at costco only because it was on sale. Since they have 3 months to return the tv i figured I buy it on sale and keep a eye out on other sales from now till the end of January.

A part of me still really wants the Vizio M Series.

I couldn't justify spending a extra $490 to get the 70' M Series from this 65' LG.

Would you guys do it?

I keep going back and forth on this.

#13 ·
I am perfectly happy with the LG. Spent afternoon calibrating it a couple weeks ago and like it even more. Took some time off over holidays and so I've watched it a lot with football bowl games and catching up on dvr stuff

#16 ·
I sure it has some but I haven't noticed any. I have all the motion settings turned off. It has a very good picture to my eyes from 12 to 14ft on Amazon, Netflix, Dish HD and OTA from Tivo.

Open it up and try it out. You may prefer the Vizio M, but won't hurt anything to try the LG out since you have it

#17 ·
I sure it has some but I haven't noticed any. I have all the motion settings turned off. It has a very good picture to my eyes from 12 to 14ft on Amazon, Netflix, Dish HD and OTA from Tivo.

Open it up and try it out. You may prefer the Vizio M, but won't hurt anything to try the LG out since you have it

Agreed. might as well use it for a bit.

#18 ·
I had the lg from costco for one week. My last tv was a samsung plasma so i am used to good black levels. Maybe the lg i got was defective but the picture was terrible. I only saw it in costco with the 4k loop playing. Lg must know this tv has the worst black level of almost any other lcd tv regardless of price, thats why the loop has no dark scenes whatsoever. My cheap 50 inch element in my bedroom has a better picture than the lg.
I returned it ( i only paid 579 for it ) and bought the 70 vizio m series, The difference is very dramatic. There is no comparison whatsoever between the two sets. The vizio rivals my jvc 4910 projector for black levels and beats my old plasma in every possible way. Again maybe this demo set was defective.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
#24 ·
So I have the 55UF6450 but since it's a "fake" 4k, I may return it for the Vizio D58u-D3. Is the Visio better enough than the LG to warrant losing the great viewing angle of the LG? I read that the viewing angle of the Visio get bad starting at only 20 degrees off center.

Thanks for any response. \m/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.