AVS Forum banner

Narrowed it down to 3 models : help!

393 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  2JZGTE- 
#1 ·
Hi all.

It's time to remodel the living room and we'll need to replace our TH-C46FD18 with a 65 inch. Viewing distance is 8 to 10 feet depending on where you are in the living room. After much reading I realized 4k wasn't worth it at this size/distance, considering the few/almost impossible to find TRUE 4k content for now. I don't believe in futureproofing in electronics... not anymore. So 1080p it is.

TV will be used primarily for Netflix and Bell Fibe TV, with occasional PS3 gaming (racing games, maybe a PS4 down the road).

I narrowed it down to these 3 models :

Samsung UN65J6300AFXZC - 1623 CAD
Vizio E65-C3 - 1273 CAD
Sony KDL65W850C - 1723 CAD

Back when I was shopping in 2009, Vizio wasn't a very well known brand, but I see it's now placed among (or not far from) the top players (please correct me if I'm wrong). There's a substansial difference between the Sony and Vizio so I really wanna make sure I'm not paying just for a name by going with Sony. I must say I love the PQ of our current Panasonic (plasma), so I'm hoping I don't have to settle for anything worse.

While budget isn't an issue, I still want to find that sweet spot where I'm getting my money worth (i-e I don't wanna have the impression I'm paying for useless features or a name)

Which one would you guys recommend? I'm open to other suggestions as long as they're available in the Great White North.

Thanks!

P.S.: I know there's a thread to help me decide which LCD to get, but I saw many questions were getting ignored because there are so many pages...

See less See more
#5 ·
I would check out Center HiFi, they have stores in your area. They have plasma tv's still in stock, one a flagship 60" model and another 60" model. If you can sacrifice the 5 inches in screen size you'll get a far better pic than any of the TV's you have listed.

If you really want a 65" then there is no better lcd tv for movies in your price range than the Vizio M65-C3.

#7 ·
Edit : price is not the issue. I could fork out 5000$ for a TV if I wanted, but that's just not me, especially not for 4k. I'm not really aiming for a specific price range, but I want to get the best out of my money for a 10 feet viewing distance, that's why I want 1080p.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.