Advice on Seiki SE58GY27 58" - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-09-2015, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Advice on Seiki SE58GY27 58"

I'm at my wits end. I just got a new 58 inch Seiki from a what I thought was a good TigerDirect deal on Black Friday and hooked it up to my HTPC running the latest Emby WMC which I've never had a problem with.
I disabled motion smoothing on the TV because it makes everything look like a soap opera.

When I put on a normal show like Game of Thrones or Blacklist everything looks great.
When we put on Bob's Burgers, Family Guy or even an animated movie like Ninja Scroll or Kiki's Delivery Service, there are stutters during even moderate motion.

I updated my drivers, I tweaked my LAV filters, I tried every setting the TV has other than the motion smoothing. Nothing seemed to help.
So I said screw it, I hooked up a Roku 3 and tried playing those things with the Emby app on that. It did the exact same thing!

I tried using different HDMI cables, different HDMI ports, switching to VGA cables with the HTPC, no difference.
All the shows play fine on the old TV.

I really don't want to have to return the TV but I don't see how it could be anything else.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-09-2015, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 1327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echostorm View Post
I'm at my wits end. I just got a new 58 inch Seiki from a what I thought was a good TigerDirect deal on Black Friday and hooked it up to my HTPC running the latest Emby WMC which I've never had a problem with.
I disabled motion smoothing on the TV because it makes everything look like a soap opera.

When I put on a normal show like Game of Thrones or Blacklist everything looks great.
When we put on Bob's Burgers, Family Guy or even an animated movie like Ninja Scroll or Kiki's Delivery Service, there are stutters during even moderate motion.

I updated my drivers, I tweaked my LAV filters, I tried every setting the TV has other than the motion smoothing. Nothing seemed to help.
So I said screw it, I hooked up a Roku 3 and tried playing those things with the Emby app on that. It did the exact same thing!

I tried using different HDMI cables, different HDMI ports, switching to VGA cables with the HTPC, no difference.
All the shows play fine on the old TV.

I really don't want to have to return the TV but I don't see how it could be anything else.

Thoughts?

I would return it.

Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page