AVS Forum banner

Panasonic DX900

Tags
dx900
45K views 367 replies 92 participants last post by  The Coolest 
#1 ·
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are regarding the new Panasonic DX900.

as well noticed there is no official thread yet?

#2 ·
#7 ·
IMHO think the problem with Panasonic in the US is that the demand is not like it use to be, since they stopped producing plasma.
Watching various videos and articles online, it seems there isn't that many places you can buy in store, only online.
I live in the UK, a work colleague went to the US for a month he visited various big electrical stores that you guys have in the US he didn't see any Panasonic products.

In Europe, Panasonic have a great following especially in the UK, they have a big presence on AVForums as we are lead to believe they actively take feedback and suggestions, from the UK market.

I currently have a Panasonic ZT Plasma which is being replaced in the next few weeks, for the DX900.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I currently have a Panasonic ZT Plasma which is being replaced in the next few weeks, for the DX900.

Awesome, let us know with your impressions once you get it and how it compares to your ZT.

Reactions: Phil1975m
#23 ·
It might be easier and cheaper to import from canada. Last summer I bought a 65"cx850, for the equivalent of $1800 usd given current exchange rates. PAnasonic canada, for whatever reason had very favourable pricing to canadians in 2015, especially at retail electronics stores not named best buys with employees that worked on commission. Will be interesting to see if that trend carries forward In 2016.

#29 ·
#43 ·
Yup. I have owned the last 2 years of Panasonics 4k TV's and the input lag was decent, not great, but 68ms is almost double of last year model. I am primary a gamer and I am always looking for the best TV to enhance my gaming and sadly with input lag this high this would be a no go. But reading that review and if you are not into gaming it seems like a fantastic set.

#33 ·
Yeah gaming lag is a concern [emoji848]

#35 ·
Not at all, plus you often find a game mode with reduced / no input lag but no choice in option for picture settings... could be useful on some FPS game if someday you play one...

and 68ms is 0.068s, you probably won't notice it ! I start to notice something feeling strange on very fast moving game at 0.1s, which is almost twice as much.. You can be picky about this number only if you are a VERY SERIOUS gamer playing like 6 hours a day IMO.

#42 ·
#44 ·
As I figured, this set is going to be killer and I'll most likely upgrade my 65CX850 to this (unless the new crop of OLEDs actually come to Canada and are decently priced and without any major issues) and put that CX in my family room and this in my bedroom since that's my main use tv. I'm mainly a gamer but not some competitive/call of duty type one so having a whole 20-30ms increase in lag isn't going to be a big deal for me and I've gamed on sets with similar or worse lag. Plus, I'm getting old (37) and I am pretty my reflexes/reaction time isn't up to snuff anymore to notice stuff like that.

#45 ·
This tv does look like a beast, the only 2 gripes I have; 1) no Dolby vision support 2) covers only 96% dci?

I mean at least it is consistency accurate with 96% dci color space but the 850 at least the 65" was rated at 98%...can't remember if it actually tested out that way.

And the only reason I toss in about Dolby, the hdr10 format at least thus far has not been consistent across current released movies. Martian looks phenomenal, while exodus looks flat without pumping up dynamic contrast settings. Dolby vision supposedly standardizes HDR content so regardless of what movie has it they are all graded to the same specs

#50 ·
Review up on digitalfernsehende, in german language. They compare it to the samsung JS9500 and the Samsung looks dull in comparison.

Looks like a solid LCD, too bad it doesn't come in larger size than 65"

Might be confusing it with the js9000. They did comparisons using both samsungs. Looked noticeably better than the js9000 but only marginally better than the js950 imo. Better blooming was noticable, but still there.

#57 ·
Do you have a link to this news/information? Not that I am questioning you, but if I am going to spend that kind of money, I want to verify this info. If it actually does reduce it to 36ms, I am totally in.

#59 ·
AVF updated their review on input lag...

When we initially reviewed the DX902 we measured an input lag of 68ms which is too high for serious gamers. However our review sample was one of the first production units in the world and was running an early version of the firmware. In response to our findings Panasonic have updated the firmware and as a result the 58-inch DX902 now measures an input lag of 35ms, whilst the 65-inch model measures 38ms. We took these measurements with just about everything turned off including the Adaptive Backlight Control and Intelligent Frame Creation, although setting the Adaptive Backlight Control to Min actually made no difference to the measurements.

Interestingly turning the Game Mode off also made no difference but this is because we had the IFC feature off. So effectively if you turn off most features whilst gaming then you don't actually need to use the Game Mode and it's really just a quick way of reducing the input lag if you do have a number of features engaged. In case you're wondering turning the Game Mode off and turning the IFC feature on added an extra 10ms to the lag time. An input lag of less than 40ms is excellent and makes what was already an impressive TV even more desirable. Perhaps more importantly, top marks to Panasonic for being so proactive and addressing our feedback immediately.
https://www.avforums.com/review/panasonic-dx902-tx-65dx902b-uhd-4k-tv-review.12385

#61 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.