Official 2016 Sony X930D Owners Thread (no price talk) - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4796Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 7279 Old 03-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Member
 
paul.sim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Congrats Viper, thanks for the first impressions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twennywonn View Post

I have linked 3 pics the one with the cloudy corners is with local dimming turned off in a pitch black room.

http://imgur.com/a/2Oat7
Congrats on the purchase. The slim backlight drive looks like it may be a real contender based on that last vegas scene. That image looks spectacular!
VirTERM likes this.
paul.sim is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 7279 Old 03-10-2016, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GeneWildersHair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by twennywonn View Post
I have had the TV since Saturday and although I like it coming from a Panasonic ST60 not everything is perfect. For example blooming is very noticeable mostly when changing the channel the white lines that appear on the screen are difficult for the local dimming to get right. I will say I cannot remember seeing any blooming in real content only when putting up a black screen and putting something white on the background.

This is my first LCD and if I turn off auto dimming all together there is some flashlighting in the corners that go away if I change my position in the room. But even if Im dead on in a dark room I can see the corners are brighter. This issue has also been undetected with real content so far. Is this normal?

I have linked 3 pics the one with the cloudy corners is with local dimming turned off in a pitch black room.

http://imgur.com/a/2Oat7
Personally, if I owned the set and never noticed the those corners in any real conetent, that black screen with LD off wouldn't bother me. Those other two pics look great!
dr0z77, twennywonn and mdbrown like this.
GeneWildersHair is offline  
post #33 of 7279 Old 03-10-2016, 08:38 PM
Member
 
twennywonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasyn View Post
Black uniformity is bad, but that is expected on an edge-lit, however the photo's you've provided of actual viewing content looks pretty darn good assuming you haven't calibrated your set.

My problem with the X850D when I got it last year was that there were noticeable edge bleed from both left and right side, more so on the left (granted this model is technically 1 up -- but it's still edge-lit).

I'm impressed.

Who stares at a complete black screen and watches credits all day right?
Appreciate the feedback i'm really anal when it comes to this stuff and I can honestly say I have never seen the issue with real content. I have not calibrated the set I just have it on Cinema Pro which I think looks the best.
dr0z77, Samckaz and jasyn like this.
twennywonn is offline  
 
post #34 of 7279 Old 03-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by twennywonn View Post
Appreciate the feedback i'm really anal when it comes to this stuff and I can honestly say I have never seen the issue with real content. I have not calibrated the set I just have it on Cinema Pro which I think looks the best.
Who wouldn't be It's your hard earned money Keep enjoying and tweaking around with the set and report back!
jasyn is online now  
post #35 of 7279 Old 03-10-2016, 08:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GeneWildersHair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.sim View Post
Congrats Viper, thanks for the first impressions.


Congrats on the purchase. The slim backlight drive looks like it may be a real contender based on that last vegas scene. That image looks spectacular!
Couldn't agree more! That picture looks to be pretty darn clean, and black looks black while providing nice bright lights!
dr0z77 likes this.
GeneWildersHair is offline  
post #36 of 7279 Old 03-10-2016, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tim Glover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Monroe, LA
Posts: 1,591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 58
So glad this thread has started. I did just purchase a new 75x940c BUT since I am moving in the next week or 2, best buy magnolia is holding shipping until I am in.

So yeah I am interested on thoughts compared to the 940c.
Tim Glover is offline  
post #37 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,095
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Glover View Post
So glad this thread has started. I did just purchase a new 75x940c BUT since I am moving in the next week or 2, best buy magnolia is holding shipping until I am in.

So yeah I am interested on thoughts compared to the 940c.
I would for sure rather have the 940c or 940d over the 930d because of fald.

I also miss the speakers, they sounded really well and this one sounds meh.



Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Current Sets: Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, TCL P-Series (55P607)
Previous Sets: Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C

Last edited by Viper32; 03-11-2016 at 03:31 AM.
Viper32 is offline  
post #38 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 02:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluewhale1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,429
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper32 View Post
I could not get passed the Samsung motion and the colors just was not as good as Sony. That was just a few items, Sony just looks better to me at the end of the day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Interesting I'm going to have to try to see the tv. I've always picked Samsung over Sony. In 2011 I got a Sony EX720 and the picture quality(color) on the Samsung D8000 was much better. Had more pop to it. Your 930d looks better than the JS9000? Hope to see more pictures soon. Ill try to stop by a Bestbuy this weekend ad see if they have any on display.
bluewhale1 is offline  
post #39 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 03:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alexanderg823's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,858
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2545 Post(s)
Liked: 2006
If the panel looks like ass with the local dimming off that's ok... many do. Although perhaps I expected a little more out of a sony. Regardless, local dimming usually takes care of it and based on those pics it seems like that's indeed the case. That vegas pic looks pretty darn good.

Need some more in action!
jhinesjr and dr0z77 like this.
alexanderg823 is online now  
post #40 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 03:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alexanderg823's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,858
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2545 Post(s)
Liked: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasyn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by twennywonn View Post
I have had the TV since Saturday and although I like it coming from a Panasonic ST60 not everything is perfect. For example blooming is very noticeable mostly when changing the channel the white lines that appear on the screen are difficult for the local dimming to get right. I will say I cannot remember seeing any blooming in real content only when putting up a black screen and putting something white on the background.

This is my first LCD and if I turn off auto dimming all together there is some flashlighting in the corners that go away if I change my position in the room. But even if Im dead on in a dark room I can see the corners are brighter. This issue has also been undetected with real content so far. Is this normal?

I have linked 3 pics the one with the cloudy corners is with local dimming turned off in a pitch black room.

http://imgur.com/a/2Oat7
Black uniformity is bad, but that is expected on an edge-lit, however the photo's you've provided of actual viewing content looks pretty darn good assuming you haven't calibrated your set.

My problem with the X850D when I got it last year was that there were noticeable edge bleed from both left and right side, more so on the left (granted this model is technically 1 up -- but it's still edge-lit).

I'm impressed.

Who stares at a complete black screen and watches credits all day right?
Keep in mind this is an HDR set.

The whole calibrate your lcd thing, which in English means jack your backlight down to hide clouding, doesn't apply anymore.

HDR will max out your backlight as it should. Doesn't mean every image will be blasting with brightness, but it will allow highlights to be bright which will expose blooming and clouding from time to time if the local dimming is bad or doesn't exist.
jasyn likes this.
alexanderg823 is online now  
post #41 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 04:20 AM
Senior Member
 
GARRIGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam355 View Post
I have the same specs in my X850D. I also side loaded Antutu and it says the exact same thing as well. I am emailing the app developer of AIDI64 to find out if things are out of date. Its that or Sony shipped these TVs with last years SOC. The new SOC (MT5596) may not have been ready since it was only announced in January.
I have not kept up on all the tech. Had to look this up. So MT5596 refers to hardware for Android 6.0 geared towards better decoding and HDR. Does this mean we should wait? Kind of bummed I can't play YouTube 4K on my 950B.

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphics/39674-mediatek-showcases-world-s-first-android-tv-6-0

Last edited by GARRIGA; 03-11-2016 at 04:59 AM.
GARRIGA is offline  
post #42 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,095
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked: 945
Well even this Sony does not like to stream MKV's it keeps freezing/locking up after starting and I have to unplug tv to get it back to responding.

Current Sets: Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, TCL P-Series (55P607)
Previous Sets: Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C
Viper32 is offline  
post #43 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 04:53 AM
Member
 
xlostnspacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper32 View Post
I would for sure rather have the 940c or 940d over the 930d because of fald.

I also miss the speakers, they sounded really well and this one sounds meh.



Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
You can probably get a better deal on a 940c now, with the newer models coming out!
xlostnspacex is offline  
post #44 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,095
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlostnspacex View Post
You can probably get a better deal on a 940c now, with the newer models coming out!
Yes maybe soon, I will keep an eye out for a deal on one. I am not sure allot of differences between 2015 and 2016 model myself.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Current Sets: Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, TCL P-Series (55P607)
Previous Sets: Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C
Viper32 is offline  
post #45 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,095
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasyn View Post
your sig says 940D =P .. congrats on the purchase

1. all the usual stuff (blooming, blacks, greys, gaming performance, HDR)
2. thoughts on the android OS now. first gen was very buggy & slow.
3. can you still side load apps?

1. Some blooming, greys are good, sorry not a gamer, HDR testing soon

2. Still buggy and new remote seems to have issues, have to be pointed directly at it more than usual.

3. I will test KODI later today or tomorrow.

I will do my best to get you guys all the information I can but I am away allot of today, the 900b is being picked up and the wife gets new Living Room furniture ( Trade-off )
Tim Glover, iatacs19 and jasyn like this.

Current Sets: Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, TCL P-Series (55P607)
Previous Sets: Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C
Viper32 is offline  
post #46 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 05:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Samckaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper32 View Post
Yes a little in one corner.

Colors are amazing as always with Sony.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Ouch ouch ouch that was my worst fear.
Samckaz is offline  
post #47 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alexanderg823's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,858
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2545 Post(s)
Liked: 2006
Well how is the blooming is it in a blocky hard pattern or more of a diffuse circular pattern?
alexanderg823 is online now  
post #48 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,095
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked: 945
Blocky like blooming, but as stated not had time to get all setup yet. I am sure some settings will make it better. Also no system updates yet either.



Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Current Sets: Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, TCL P-Series (55P607)
Previous Sets: Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C
Viper32 is offline  
post #49 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 05:26 AM
Member
 
veli1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARRIGA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam355 View Post
I have the same specs in my X850D. I also side loaded Antutu and it says the exact same thing as well. I am emailing the app developer of AIDI64 to find out if things are out of date. Its that or Sony shipped these TVs with last years SOC. The new SOC (MT5596) may not have been ready since it was only announced in January.
I have not kept up on all the tech. Had to look this up. So MT5596 refers to hardware for Android 6.0 geared towards better decoding and HDR. Does this mean we should wait? Kind of bummed I can't play YouTube 4K on my 950B.

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphic...android-tv-6-0
That's disappointing such a expensive tv has a year old chip. Is the old chip 8 bit that would explain alot
veli1 is offline  
post #50 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
iatacs19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 1,593
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 149
The 930D and 940D should get separate threads since they are different types of displays: edge-lit vs full-array local dimming.


930D has the new slim backlight drive


940D has the tried and true FALD

XBR65X930C, AVR-X4200W, NVIDIA ShieldTV, SVS SB12-NSD, RF-42 II, RC-52 II, RB-41 II
iatacs19 is online now  
post #51 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 06:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alexanderg823's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,858
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2545 Post(s)
Liked: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper32 View Post
Blocky like blooming, but as stated not had time to get all setup yet. I am sure some settings will make it better. Also no system updates yet either.



Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
hmmm this doesn't sound good.


Appreciate any pics you can get of the blooming in action to see if its too offensive or not.
alexanderg823 is online now  
post #52 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 06:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robert9674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked: 702
This is why not having DV is important

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...&id=1457679132
robert9674 is online now  
post #53 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator
 
markrubin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 20,150
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1297 Post(s)
Liked: 2787
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
The 930D and 940D should get separate threads since they are different types of displays: edge-lit vs full-array local dimming.


930D has the new slim backlight drive


940D has the tried and true FALD
thread title updated: first member that receives 940D can start owners thread

Please note thread title has been edited to add no price talk: no price talk in this owners thread please

Thanks
seanbryan and brickyardz like this.

please take the high road in every post:do not respond to or quote a problematic post: report it
HDMI.org:what a mess this is a red flag issue
HDCP = Hollywood's Draconian Copy Protection system
Test Reports HDMI Cables that support 18GBPS&HDMI 2.0b

Last edited by markrubin; 03-11-2016 at 12:52 PM.
markrubin is offline  
post #54 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
Mr. Wonderful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Do we have any idea when the 55x930D will be in stores?
Mr. Wonderful is offline  
post #55 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 06:46 AM
Senior Member
 
smack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: WI
Posts: 286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert9674 View Post
This is why not having DV is important

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...&id=1457679132
How much of an improvement will DV be over HDR10... I was all set on getting a 75" 940D.. Is DV something that can be added at some point via firmware/update to a 940D... and since I am asking a question like this... would I even notice the difference.
smack is offline  
post #56 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CCsoftball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 3,206
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack View Post
How much of an improvement will DV be over HDR10... I was all set on getting a 75" 940D.. Is DV something that can be added at some point via firmware/update to a 940D... and since I am asking a question like this... would I even notice the difference.
Here is why it's important to me, on a physical disc, I'm not sure it matters as it will include HDR10+DV. However, streaming may be a different story. If streaming contains both "layers," it's not a big deal. If HDR10 can't be broken into a separate "layer," then missing out on HDR is a HUGE deal for me.

Sony XBR75X940C Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
CCsoftball7 is online now  
post #57 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
iatacs19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 1,593
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 149
In all honesty, I think it's pointless to worry about Dolby Vision for 2016. If you want DV then you should just wait until all the pieces are there to support it. All we have to work with in content production and hardware chain is HDR10. That's just the reality of the available products.
Egan and dr0z77 like this.

XBR65X930C, AVR-X4200W, NVIDIA ShieldTV, SVS SB12-NSD, RF-42 II, RC-52 II, RB-41 II
iatacs19 is online now  
post #58 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
davehale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo SuperCluster
Posts: 962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 351
It was a big deal to me. Since Sony did not want DV included, I went with the smaller X930D for now. The X940 is a lot of money to not include DV. Too bad. Next year when DV is readily available and Sony still does not have it, then I will reluctantly get a 75 in Samsung curve if I have to.
dr0z77 likes this.

Sony 65Z9D, OPPO 203, ATV4K, Denon X4300H, 7.1 setup
TCL P605, Denon 4311, BJC cables, EVGA 1080ti, Star Citizen
Ethernet everything, AT&T 24Mbps
davehale is online now  
post #59 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
Mr. Wonderful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehale View Post
It was a big deal to me. Since Sony did not want DV included, I went with the smaller X930D for now. The X940 is a lot of money to not include DV. Too bad. Next year when DV is readily available and Sony still does not have it, then I will reluctantly get a 75 in Samsung curve if I have to.
This is my plan. 930D now, a nice OLED 3-5 years from now. There's always going to be something new around the corner.
Tim Glover and dr0z77 like this.
Mr. Wonderful is offline  
post #60 of 7279 Old 03-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Member
 
xlostnspacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
In all honesty, I think it's pointless to worry about Dolby Vision for 2016. If you want DV then you should just wait until all the pieces are there to support it. All we have to work with in content production and hardware chain is HDR10. That's just the reality of the available products.
LG, Philips, and TLC are releasing TV's with DV for 2016, Philip's new blu ray with have DV, NetFlix will support DV, and and major studios are releasing 4k Ultra HD blu ray content. I don't think its completely pointless to have DV has check box when considering a TV.

Current TV's / Home Theater Displays: Samsung UN55F8000, Vizio P65 C-1
xlostnspacex is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
x930d

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off