Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Suburban Detroit
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
I wasn't aware of the network test inside the Netflix app, so I went to look at it and had this sequence of events:
1. Fire up TV and now I have the H Free News and Fandango Now icons, but USB has disappeared.
2. Activated Fandango and pulled up the free 4K copy of Sharknado they were giving away recently and unlike on the SHIELD, it shows as available in UHD and DTS-HD. However, when I played it it never went above 1080p and the TV and AVR are reporting DD+ audio.
3. Switch to Netflix and run the test and it reports my actual ISP speed. Not bad for wireless. I guess that tri-band AC3200 router was worth it.
4. Notice a movie I hadn't heard of and start watching it. After about 5 minutes I get a flash of window blinds (uh-oh) and about a minute later the screen goes black and the power LED is out. Grrrrr.
5. About 10-15 seconds later, the LED comes back on and the TV reboots to the Smartcast screen.
6. I switch to Amazon and start a Grand Tour episode. The screen goes black as if it's switching to HDR mode, but stays black as I hear the audio playing. After waiting 5-10 secs I realize the picture isn't coming back and try to back out of playback and the TV is unresponsive. Audio keeps playing, but Exit, Back and Stop buttons on the Harmony have no effect.
7. I'm about to try one of the Vizio remotes when the episode select screen comes up, but it's kinda washed out and dark. It doesn't respond to inputs at which point the TV reboots itself. I didn't press power.
After it rebooted, I watched some Grand Tour and while resolution made it to 2160p, it's still not HDR, but what's new?
PimpVision® 4K-P MegaSonic:
Vizio P65-C1 (FW: 22.214.171.124 beta) | Denon AVR-X2200W | Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 + ELAC Debut A4 Atmos (5.1.2) | Nvidia SHIELD Android TV (2015) | Sony UBP-X800 | Xbox One S | Xbox 360 | Playstation 4 | Playstation 3 | Toshiba HD-A30 HD DVD | HDHomeRun Connect | Harmony 650 | Zabiki 6500K Bias Lighting
My DVD Profiler List | DirkFlix: My Movie Viewing Diary and Reviews