Official Vizio 2016 P Series Owners Thread (UHD/HDR/DV) No Price Talk Please - Page 679 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 32416Likes
post #20341 of 43411 Old 07-11-2016, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendo View Post
There was a post about this last week, I seem to recall you have to enable "HDMI Color subsampling" to enable 1440p@60hz.

I don't think Windows/Games take advantage of 10bits, so I'd just leave it at rgb or ycbcr 444 8 bit. You won't be able to do 4k@60hz in 10bit anyways (not part of the hdmi 2 spec).
Thanks for the reply! I was trying it on HDMI 5 before with subsampling enabled, I'll have to give it a go on one of the other ports since from what I read HDMI 5 can be kind of quirky.

It was being really weird too, when I unplugged the DP adapter and just ran straight to HDMI it wouldn't show a signal at all... then when I put the DP adapter back on it still wouldn't, I had to reboot the computer.

It also doesn't give me the YCbCr 444 option in the Nvidea control panel, it only shows the 422 and 420 options along with "RGB", which I assume is always 4:4:4?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20342 of 43411 Old 07-11-2016, 10:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
HDMI dropouts. Try a certified cable between the AVR and the TV. I know it seems odd, but HDMI issues happen this way. It could be a goofy CEC thing to.
I bought some brand new 18Gbps HDMI cables for all of my equipment. I don't have this issue on my other 5 x 4K TVs, only this Vizio. It was working fine before leaving town, but now, I'm getting this error. I must agree that I think it has something to do with the receiver, which should also support it. If I bypass the receiver and just use the speakers in the TV, then I should be able to narrow it down.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
post #20343 of 43411 Old 07-11-2016, 10:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Yes, I have my home setup like this. Both my routers are Netgear R6300's. The second one is being used as a Access Point so it's connected to the power line adapter to the internet port. DHCP is given from the main router. Both my 2.4g and 5g SSID's are each same..... ie .... wireless24g and wireless5g.

The only difference between the 2 are the channels. 1 - 11 for 2.4 and 149 - 157 for the 5g. Devices stay connected to the stronger device.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
My network is setup using the same SSID for all of my APs and for both the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz band, but I've also setup roaming on them and adjusted the power on each AP so the signals don't overlap. It's much easier to go anywhere in my house, automatically switch to the AP with the strongest signal and the client connects to each AP using the fastest connection it can, depending on the wireless hardware in each client.

I've gone through Asus routers, Netgear, Linksys, etc, but none of them would work as well as the Ubiquiti UniFi setup I'm using now. I don't have as many problems with my APs either like I did with all the others. I set everything up a couple months ago, and I've never had to reset them since to regain connectivity.

shoman94 and thomasfxlt like this.

post #20344 of 43411 Old 07-11-2016, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey everyone, I am brand new to these forums. My P65-c1 should be here on Thursday, and I am super excited. I just had one quick question.

It's my understanding that the upscaling of anything under 1080p is pretty sub par on these tv's. This, by any means, is not a deal breaker for me. I was just wondering if you guys had any work arounds for the occasional time I want to watch a DVD.

Would buying a blu ray player that had good upscaling make it look any better? If so, what player do you recommend.

Thanks for all of your help.

P.s. Sorry if this has been talked about multiple times.. I tried looking for it, but 680 pages is a lot of information to look through.
post #20345 of 43411 Old 07-11-2016, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
as someone who'll be buying a new tv soon once i move, is there a solid consensus on whether it would be better to buy a p50-c1 with the better black levels but worse viewing angles and lack of 120hz refresh rate or the p55-c1 with the worse black levels but better viewing angles, 5 extra inches of screen and 120hz refresh rate? i'll mostly be viewing it on angle, but will probably occasionally view off angle and also have company over. i'll mostly be watching tv and movies, i do watch a good amount of sports, and i game but very infrequently.
post #20346 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 12:21 AM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 2058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayoboy View Post
Would buying a blu ray player that had good upscaling make it look any better? If so, what player do you recommend.
I would wait until you see for yourself. Any OPPO Blu-ray player, regardless of the model or age will do an excellent job with DVDs. The 103 series will output a 4k image, but the 1080p output of all of them is fine too. OPPO has a flat fee for out of warranty players that's very reasonable.
post #20347 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 12:22 AM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 2058
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
as someone who'll be buying a new tv soon once i move, is there a solid consensus on whether it would be better to buy a p50-c1 with the better black levels but worse viewing angles and lack of 120hz refresh rate or the p55-c1 with the worse black levels but better viewing angles, 5 extra inches of screen and 120hz refresh rate? i'll mostly be viewing it on angle, but will probably occasionally view off angle and also have company over. i'll mostly be watching tv and movies, i do watch a good amount of sports, and i game but very infrequently.
You sound like a p55 owner.
post #20348 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 12:48 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolldog View Post
I've gone through Asus routers, Netgear, Linksys, etc, but none of them would work as well as the Ubiquiti UniFi setup I'm using now.
Amen. And plugged into a Mikrotik router. Zero troubles, twice the signal. One AC-Pro good for the whole house. And looks nice on a ceiling.
post #20349 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 02:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1604 Post(s)
Liked: 1295
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Could the recommended length of the screws be based on the safe penetration distance plus the low end of the range of expected mount thickness? I've never seen inside a Vizio, but when our Kuro was open it appears that excessive penetration could do damage. Maybe Vizio has designed there cases so that screws can't penetrate far enough to do damage.
The screws don't need to be 14mm. A screw is only as string as the diameter. So from at 6mm screw you want at least 6mm of thread engagement. Me personally, if get a 6x10 or 6x12 screw w with the mount unless you add washers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (3.0.13.5).
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (3.0.14.0).
Vizio P75-C1 (fw-3.0.14.0), Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One, Wii
NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, Antennas Direct DB4e w/Dipole OTA antenna and 2x HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #20350 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 02:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolldog View Post
My network is setup using the same SSID for all of my APs and for both the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz band, but I've also setup roaming on them and adjusted the power on each AP so the signals don't overlap. It's much easier to go anywhere in my house, automatically switch to the AP with the strongest signal and the client connects to each AP using the fastest connection it can, depending on the wireless hardware in each client.

I've gone through Asus routers, Netgear, Linksys, etc, but none of them would work as well as the Ubiquiti UniFi setup I'm using now. I don't have as many problems with my APs either like I did with all the others. I set everything up a couple months ago, and I've never had to reset them since to regain connectivity.

I didn't need to adjust power for overlap... and it works great. I prefer 5g and setup ask devices capable of 5g to connect that way. My kids tablets and the Wii are on 2.4g. I've had this setup for 1.5 years and never needed a reset. One router is used for indoors and the other is setup in the garage for my issue coverage.
I've had the best luck with Netgear routers.

thomasfxlt likes this.

NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, Antennas Direct DB4e w/Dipole OTA antenna and 2x HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #20351 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 02:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hey everyone, I am brand new to these forums. My P65-c1 should be here on Thursday, and I am super excited. I just had one quick question.

It's my understanding that the upscaling of anything under 1080p is pretty sub par on these tv's. This, by any means, is not a deal breaker for me. I was just wondering if you guys had any work arounds for the occasional time I want to watch a DVD.

P.s. Sorry if this has been talked about multiple times.. I tried looking for it, but 680 pages is a lot of information to look through.
The upscaling is fine from my experience, it's the source that makes the difference. I upscale 720p from streaming and ota... it looks good.

post #20352 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 04:27 AM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:

I believe the upscaling to be a rumor. I have the p65 and a buddy just bought the Samsung ks8000. We both have directv and use basic settings off forums along with minor tweaks. The channels that had artifacts on my Vizio have the same amount of artifacts on the Samsung. I think because his set was set brighter the artifacts were actually more visible. There are a bunch of settings you can mess with personally on crap channels I ise medium noise reduction and then bump sharpness up to 20-25.
I also have a denon x2200 and tried video processing with 1080p and 4k output and preferred the look with it off. I think you will be happy with the set as long as you have realistic expectations.
post #20353 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 05:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboedsupe View Post
I believe the upscaling to be a rumor. I have the p65 and a buddy just bought the Samsung ks8000. We both have directv and use basic settings off forums along with minor tweaks. The channels that had artifacts on my Vizio have the same amount of artifacts on the Samsung. I think because his set was set brighter the artifacts were actually more visible. There are a bunch of settings you can mess with personally on crap channels I ise medium noise reduction and then bump sharpness up to 20-25.
I also have a denon x2200 and tried video processing with 1080p and 4k output and preferred the look with it off. I think you will be happy with the set as long as you have realistic expectations.
I do believe the upscaling issue is indeed overblown (and let's face it - SD video from cable is never going to look spectacular regardless of upscaling), but external upscaling can make a difference. My Onkyo 818 AVR has the Marvell Qdeo upscaling chip and upscales to 4K, and the image it produces with DVDs and Blu-Rays is strikingly better that my P-65 can do on its own.
shoman94 and toonj64 like this.
post #20354 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 05:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopTheExcuses View Post
I do, I checked out all near me online but maybe I'll have better luck in person. Thanks.

It's nuts right? I don't want a floor model and for the 65 inch version, I think I'll pass on that as well. I currently have a 65 inch Panasonic Plasma and I want to make it feel like a worthwhile investment so I feel I need bigger. Has anybody ordered trough Vizio directly? I'm curious if the 60 days is just a safe number and the actual set arrives much faster.
Why not take the floor model?! Best Buy doesn't like turning on these P series displays anyway lol.
StopTheExcuses likes this.
post #20355 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member

Any other P50 owners experiencing FALD pulsing with scene changes?

I must be on everyones ignore list haha
post #20356 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by turts85 View Post
Why not take the floor model?! Best Buy doesn't like turning on these P series displays anyway lol.
And it's usually tucked away in a corner somewhere where no one will even see it.
toonj64 and turts85 like this.
post #20357 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 05:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyVee View Post
For those in Canada. Take this with a grain of salt ...

Talked to Costco.ca today and my P65 was supposed to have shipped last Friday. However, they can't confirm if it actually happened or not as their system is not always up to date.

So I thought i'd give Vizio a call.

The CSR claimed the sets shipped recently and are enroute to Canada. She was going to look further and see if there is a hold up at customs. I never gave the Vizio rep my Costco order#, so i take this as they shipped all to those that were able to order when they were briefly on the Costco.ca website ... Which i'm guessing was what ... 5 P65s allocated to the Great White North?

So as long as no one was feeding me BS. They should be arriving soon.
As crazy as it sounds, you are probably right about the 5 P65s... for one whole god damn country...
post #20358 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 05:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Any other P50 owners experiencing FALD pulsing with scene changes?

I must be on everyones ignore list haha
I told you before, all Vizios pulse to some extent. Maybe the P50 is worst, maybe YOURS is worst or maybe what you watch most happens to be in the pulse "sweet spot"
For me, the worst pulse culprit is How I Met Your Mother on my M60 for whatever reason
post #20359 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
The upscaling is fine from my experience, it's the source that makes the difference. I upscale 720p from streaming and ota... it looks good.

As being one of the pessimists in this thread, I have to say I am pretty optimistic about the upscaling this set does. I don't own a lot of 720p stuff, ever since I bought my 2013 Panny ZT60 I bought nothing but 1080p Blu Rays, and used my ATV2 most of the time, so I was never really worried about the 720p upscaling, especially when we are chugging right along with the 4K content. 1080p Blu Rays look great on this set, and when my stream on Netflix was stuck at 720p yesterday I thought it looked pretty good. Maybe since I have the 50" I don't see as many issues with upscaling lower quality content, but even for 1080p Netflix upscaling to 4k, it looks very good with minimal artifacts depending on your settings. (brighter settings for any brand tv with upscaling will introduce a lot of issues if not set up right).

Overall I feel the P series does what it should and then some, especially for the price, I cant complain about upscaling. Sony does it best IMO from personal experience BUT the Vizio is not far behind and that should NOT be the end all be all if trying to decide between the Vizios and other brands. And even though the pulsating on my P50 is a little much, I think I rather take that over edge lit issues anyday which for the most part cant be fixed and the company will tell you is "normal" cough cough Sony cough cough Samsung
shoman94 likes this.
post #20360 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonj64 View Post
I told you before, all Vizios pulse to some extent. Maybe the P50 is worst, maybe YOURS is worst or maybe what you watch most happens to be in the pulse "sweet spot"
For me, the worst pulse culprit is How I Met Your Mother on my M60 for whatever reason
Dude this thing pulses with any type of content, doesn't matter what it is..it all seems to be hitting the "sweet spot" all the time. I even notice it with games, its like the FALD just kind of "pops" back into place. Weird as all hell. I can see it with the M60 since it has less zones, but with the P65 I don't see anyone mentioning this. Seems to be the P50 mostly.

I'm talking with online chat now.
post #20361 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 2574 Post(s)
Liked: 2343
Wink

Quote:

NO! This display is just the same as any other TV for all of the normal Tv resolutions and frame rates as long as you select the correct settings. The review sites intentionally select incorrect settings to propagate a false narrative against the Vizio display. Notice how they just mention that the Vizio displays "Don't upscale well" in the reviews but they never actually show any proof of that. That is because it isn't true just like pretty much all of the Vizio owners here with correct settings can attest to.
toonj64 and FoReVeR0515 like this.
post #20362 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
You say decent internet, what speed is your internet?
And not that your router is really bad or anything, but the tv can use AC wireless. If I was only going to use wireless I would be using a AC wireless router myself.
My service is 60Mb but speed tests shows it in the 65 range usually. In real life, like grabbing stuff from usenet, sabnzb gets a consistant 8.1MB/s.

I like my router, its a little "old" now but its solid and I rarely use wireless(mostly just my tablet and phones getting email/surfing when home). When the house was built I was able to slip in during a weekend and run 2xcat6 and 2xrg6 into each room and home run it to a closet by the garage where my rack is installed. I would likely upgrade if I was going to use wireless for real, but I only used it to test stuff out because I am impatient and didn't want to wait to make a cable and snake it in the wall and over to the switch that services the room (have computer, tv, ps4, bluray etc on that switch).

-Random
post #20363 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 06:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Dude this thing pulses with any type of content, doesn't matter what it is..it all seems to be hitting the "sweet spot" all the time. I even notice it with games, its like the FALD just kind of "pops" back into place. Weird as all hell. I can see it with the M60 since it has less zones, but with the P65 I don't see anyone mentioning this. Seems to be the P50 mostly.

I'm talking with online chat now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonj64 View Post
I look for pulsing sometimes ... I haven't seen it since the latest firmware. I still see it however when white credits pop up on the screen like in the beginning a show.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
NeronetFi and toonj64 like this.

post #20364 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 06:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliau81 View Post
ratings.com updated that the vizio p series actually don't display 4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4

''Update: From further testing we have concluded that all current Vizio TVs that we have reviewed do not display 4:4:4, but 4:2:2. This is due to the TV inputs accepting 4:4:4 but actually displaying 4:2:2. 4:2:2 is better than 4:2:0, but slightly blurrier for text than 4:4:4. The following images will demonstrate our findings.''

is vizio aware of that?
can thay fix it with an update?
I took several images last night of my computer hooked up to the P75. Here is proof that what RTINGS.com is saying about it being 4:2:2 is not completely accurate.

The first image shows true 4:4:4. It looks nothing like what the RTINGS.com image below that looks like.

What the P75 actually looks like with a 1080p @ 60 FPS 4:4:4 input

What RTINGS.com says the Vizio P-series does from a 4K @ 60 FPS 4:4:4 input

Next we have a picture of what true 4:2:2 on the P75 looks like. It actually doesn’t look that bad and even it still looks way better than what RTINGs.com posted as the 4:4:4 input converted to 4:2:2. However, on certain text you can in fact see issues with a type of rainbow effect. Look at the picture below that and notice the edges have color bleed even from black text. This issue does not appear with a true 4:4:4 input.

Finally, we have a true 4K @ 60 FPS 4:2:0 input and it is obvious how bad this looks. Interestingly it looks very similar to what RTINGS.com posted as their 4:4:4 input. This may have been an honest mistake though. I have encountered situations where I selected 4:4:4 or RGB but it actually got stuck in 4:2:0 mode and looked like this. However, I tested it further to determine if the TV is actually 4:2:2 in ALL situations or not.

Most of those situations occurred when I either switched on “HDMI Color Subsampling” for that input while it was hooked up to the computer or when I altered the Windows Scaling options. However, I didn’t encounter the issue when I switched “HDMI Color Subsampling” on while on a different input. The moral of the story is don’t mess with those settings and then assume that you haven’t messed it up yourself.

If you need to change those settings then do so and then shut everything(Computer, TV, receiver,...etc) down and then restart all of the devices. If you still see issues then back out the changes you made and restart everything. There are some bugs there but the 2016 P-series is most certainly capable of 4:4:4 for some if not all resolutions and frame rates(except no 1080p @ 120 FPS) on HDMI inputs 1-4 and for up to 4K @ 30 FPS on HDMI 5.

I still say that RTINGS.com produces some very good data for most of their test cases. However, when you have to rely on them to draw a subjective conclusion about that data they sometimes are not as complete as I would have liked them to be.

This post has been edited to soften up the language I used against RTINGS.com since they responded with a much appreciated rebuttal of this data.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160712_003429_resize.jpg
Views:	5620
Size:	443.2 KB
ID:	1541665   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160712_003623_resize.jpg
Views:	5607
Size:	489.8 KB
ID:	1541673   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160712_003042_resize.jpg
Views:	5670
Size:	415.3 KB
ID:	1541681   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160712_003211_resize.jpg
Views:	5604
Size:	310.7 KB
ID:	1541689  

Last edited by mpgxsvcd; 07-20-2016 at 08:37 PM.
post #20365 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian c2 View Post
I looked at clients using my AirPlay extreme wifi ....
This might be off topic, but it may help others streaming via wifi to their Visio P series. I am having problems with dropouts when I stream by wifi from my ASUS RT-N66U router. This was at quite close range with strong signal. I thought the router was bad. But my old Gateway laptop(8 years old) had no problem picking up the internet from that signal, and at highest rated throughput. That Gateway had an intel 5100AGN adapter. I thought my problem was with the P50-C1 adapter now. But, when I grabbed my android phone, and two more recent laptops, the internet throughput also came to a crawl. My only conclusion was that my router with N only, was having a tough time with these newer AC adapters. Very odd, since these are all suppose to be backward compatible.
thomasfxlt and toonj64 like this.
post #20366 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
DolbyVision Rocks!

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 2382 Post(s)
Liked: 4468
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
I took several images last night of my computer hooked up to the P75. Here is proof that what RTINGS.com is saying about it being 4:2:2 is completely false.

The first image shows true 4:4:4. It looks nothing like what the RTINGS.com image below that looks like.
What the P75 actually looks like with a 4:4:4 input

What RTINGS.com falsely says is 4:2:2 from a 4:4:4 input

Next we have a picture of what true 4:2:2 on the P75 looks like. It actually doesn’t look that bad and even it still looks way better than what RTINGs.com posted as the 4:4:4 input converted to 4:2:2. However, on certain text you can in fact see issues with a type of rainbow effect. Look at the picture below and notice the edges have color bleed even from black text. This issue does not appear with a true 4:4:4 input.

Finally, we have a true 4:2:0 input and it is obvious how bad this looks. Interestingly it looks very similar to what RTINGS.com falsely posted as their 4:4:4 input. This may have been an honest mistake though. I have encountered situations where I selected 4:4:4 or RGB but it actually got stuck in 4:2:0 mode and looked like this. However, I tested it further instead of just blasting out to the world that the TV is actually 4:2:2.

Most of those situations occurred when I either switched on “HDMI Color Subsampling” for that input while it was hooked up to the computer or when I altered the Windows Scaling options. However, I didn’t encounter the issue when I switched “HDMI Color Subsampling” on while on a different input. The moral of the story is don’t mess with those settings and then assume that you haven’t messed it up yourself.

If you need to change those settings then do so and then shut everything(Computer, TV, receiver,...etc) down and then restart all of the devices. If you still see issues then back out the changes you made and restart everything. There are some bugs there but the 2016 P-series is most certainly capable of 4:4:4 for all resolutions and frame rates(except no 1080p @ 120 FPS) on HDMI inputs 1-4 and for up to 4K @ 30 FPS on HDMI 5.

Don’t let people spout on about this TV being 4:2:2 either. Stand up to RTINGs.com and don’t let them falsely demote the Vizio P-series just because it gets them more clicks if the Samsung and Sony TVs are rated higher.

I still say that RTINGS.com produces some very good data for most of their test cases. However, when you have to rely on them to draw a subjective conclusion about that data it is almost universally biased against the Vizio displays.
Our resident "Myth Buster" strikes again!!

Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Home Theater Geeks: The Vizio P Series 2016 Show w/Scott, Tyler & Tom
Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV Gen 4
post #20367 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Another update on my new P75.
Was able to watch it last night in a totally dark room, and I feel that's where it really shines. The black level is incredible. The letterbox bars are pure black with zero blooming, etc. I had to put it in "calibrated dark", otherwise it was just too bright (the picture still looked great, it just hurt my eyes).

For those with the Samsung UHD Player, I believe they've corrected the lip-sync issues. I played several BDs, and streamed Netflix without losing sync anymore.

As I mentioned before, I don't plan to display test patterns to check for screen uniformity, banding, or other issues. If I can't see it with regular content, I just don't care. I come from the projector world, and there I did run tests. But that was to check chip alignment and stuck pixels, and to dial in the focus. None of that really applies to flat panels.

I must be very lucky. I've been into home theatre since the early 80's starting off with large rear projection TV's, working my way up to front projection and dedicated rooms. In that time I've owned over a dozen TV's, 6 PJ's, and too many VCRs, DVD, and BD players to count. I've never gotten a defective electronic device, ever!

I thought it was important to post something positive, as I feel some folks have been scared away from these displays due to the issues others have reported.
post #20368 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter
DolbyVision Rocks!

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 2382 Post(s)
Liked: 4468
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkat007 View Post
This might be off topic, but it may help others streaming via wifi to their Visio P series. I am having problems with dropouts when I stream by wifi from my ASUS RT-N66U router. This was at quite close range with strong signal. I thought the router was bad. But my old Gateway laptop(8 years old) had no problem picking up the internet from that signal, and at highest rated throughput. That Gateway had an intel 5100AGN adapter. I thought my problem was with the P50-C1 adapter now. But, when I grabbed my android phone, and two more recent laptops, the internet throughput also came to a crawl. My only conclusion was that my router with N only, was having a tough time with these newer AC adapters. Very odd, since these are all suppose to be backward compatible.
I think there's a lot of this lurking out there with routers. Perhaps moving forward we can start to compile a list of routers that members deem to work perfectly; wired, wireless, various devices and OS platforms.

Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Home Theater Geeks: The Vizio P Series 2016 Show w/Scott, Tyler & Tom
Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV Gen 4
post #20369 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Red face

Quote:
Our resident "Myth Buster" strikes again!!
I wish I could retire from that position like Jamie and Adam did. However, the show must go on if the reviewers continue to make mistakes or false claims like they have been doing.
post #20370 of 43411 Old 07-12-2016, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
I think there's a lot of this lurking out there with routers. Perhaps moving forward we can start to compile a list of routers that members deem to work perfectly; wired, wireless, various devices and OS platforms.
I have a TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router on it's way to me, so we will see how it does. It was rated very good, and it is has a reasonable price tag. I will be doing some experiments with both routers and power adapters over next few days and report back.
thomasfxlt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
almost 3d... it's that good! - pj , best picture award in its price class! - pj , D7000
Gear in this thread