Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 149 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 42316Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4441 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 12:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigScorpion View Post
hello guys, can you explain to me how to do so as not to turn on the ps4 (in this case) once you turned off and turned off the TV?
wrapped up again, making me even turn on the tv .... no wound.
I know for sure that the TV and something that does not turn on because the ever done on other tv.
proven is going from amplifier to hdmi cable direct to TV, same problem.
I checked and the automatic start of the last used on and off function.
thank you
uppppppppppppp
TheBigScorpion is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4442 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 05:01 AM
Senior Member
 
leedesert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeedF0RaName View Post
I have watched Cable (both HD and SD), Blu Ray (via PS4), 4K streams from Netflix and Amazon Prime...some with HDR. Only thing I haven't seen is 4K Bluray. The picture just never seems to have that "wow" factor. Always looks like there's a white haze. I don't know if my expectations we too high, but I'm pretty disappointed in it so far. It must be noted that I moved from a Plasma right before this one. Maybe my eyes had just been spoiled with the blacks and stuff.

Can somebody post all settings they are using if they are getting those "deep blacks" and "bright whites"? I am on the verge of sending this TV back since I'm within the 30 day return period.
I'm using these and they seem to work well. Once you're done you can adjust the backlight and contrast to your liking but contrast will always be relatively high on this set. Anything below 85 did not look good.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sam...s8000/settings

The Cnet settings were good and the explanation about the white balance 10 point adjustment was very informative. Basically it's only used in UHD content and will turn itself on automatically when the TV senses the UHD signal. I verified this when I played some UHD content from the Xfinity app I added to the TV. Once the video started playing the screen took on a new life so I looked in the setting and they had all automatically changed for the UHD content.

http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussio...and-hdr-notes/

Samsung 65KS-8000 VAA02, Xfinity X1 DVR, Xbox One, Samsung UBD-K8500
Onkyo TX-NR747, Set up: Atmos 5.1.2
Klipsch R-15 (L/R), Klipsch R25 (C), Polk Rc80i (SS), Polk Rc80i (FH)
Subs: SVS BP-2000, Paradigm PDR-10 (For Sale)
Amazon Echo, Harmony Hub, Harmony Ultimate One, Samsung Smartthings Hub, Z-wave lights throughout
leedesert is offline  
post #4443 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 05:12 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[quote=FatesWarning;45831057]My tv will be here tomorrow. If you try the settings in this link let me know how it turned out.

Regarding the settings provided by cnet and ratings.com, it would be helpful if the poster indicated which panel was included in the calibrated TV. Specifically, either Samsung, Sharp or AUO (AA02) for the KS8000.
Drstevens10 is offline  
 
post #4444 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 05:21 AM
Senior Member
 
leedesert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 131
[quote=Drstevens10;45835017]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatesWarning View Post
My tv will be here tomorrow. If you try the settings in this link let me know how it turned out.

Regarding the settings provided by cnet and ratings.com, it would be helpful if the poster indicated which panel was included in the calibrated TV. Specifically, either Samsung, Sharp or AUO (AA02) for the KS8000.
The settings are for the Samsung 65KS8000, as indicated in the title and throughout the article.

Samsung 65KS-8000 VAA02, Xfinity X1 DVR, Xbox One, Samsung UBD-K8500
Onkyo TX-NR747, Set up: Atmos 5.1.2
Klipsch R-15 (L/R), Klipsch R25 (C), Polk Rc80i (SS), Polk Rc80i (FH)
Subs: SVS BP-2000, Paradigm PDR-10 (For Sale)
Amazon Echo, Harmony Hub, Harmony Ultimate One, Samsung Smartthings Hub, Z-wave lights throughout
leedesert is offline  
post #4445 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 06:40 AM
Member
 
LegendarySushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzzzee8 View Post
I had to run 24p sync with kodi on my last set but with the ks8000 I haven't had the need to sync. I run everything at 60p with no issues. Makes it nice because you don't get that blank screen while the resolution changes. You might have been getting the microstutter from running AMP along with the video cards motion settings. Try turning everything off and letting the TV handle everything. I just love how Kodi organizes all my content. Makes me wish I had the Sony since Kodi is on the android App Store built into the tv. No need for a PC. Just a NAS drive with all your content or a shared folder on the network is all you need.
Yeah I have all my graphics cards video settings switched off completely, when I turned off "Inverse Telecine" in Nvidia Control Panel (I'm running GTX 1080 cards), I get a nano-stutter LMAO, every couple seconds really minute. Still get the microstutter every few seconds or so.

My cpu, and media are fine, I get the same results when playing from Blu-Ray drive, HDD or SSD. rtings.com says this TV has no trouble with judder on 24p content over 60Hz unlike past Samsung TVs. They use AMP, but have all settings at zero I believe. When I have AMP set the same way, I don't have the same periodic microstutter, but I do see hints of judder in all motion. (Just small trails when arms move, etc.) It's not annoying and I think all LCDs have it.

Being that I get really smooth micro-stutter free playback via Blu-rays on PS4, Native TV Streaming on Netflix, and now on Kodi via 24p refresh I'm going to stop worrying about this. lol. I do believe something is up between my graphics cards and the software with regards to 3:2 pulldown of 24p sources being outputted to 60Hz. One of these 2 items isn't doing their job properly. XD

I dunno man... Could also be a byproduct of me sitting like 24-36" away from the screen, but that still doesn't explain why the Sony X850D doesn't have this issue. Ehh, it is what it is and I'll take the better picture quality any day. lol.

Also I want to clarify to others shopping for TVs reading this thread. I still highly recommend the KS8500 to be used as a PC monitor for 4K gaming (that is if your gfx cards are up to the task), it's always super smooth for gaming, general desktop use, etc. and these micro-stutter issues are only associated with playing 24p video files over certain software video players with my gfx cards outputting at 60Hz.

Thanks again for the advice though layzzzee8. =)

EDIT: I think the issue I'm having is what's described in the image I captured here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	60Hz Stutter.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1585537

Last edited by LegendarySushi; 08-05-2016 at 11:26 AM.
LegendarySushi is offline  
post #4446 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Member
 
NoNeedF0RaName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedesert View Post
I'm using these and they seem to work well. Once you're done you can adjust the backlight and contrast to your liking but contrast will always be relatively high on this set. Anything below 85 did not look good.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sam...s8000/settings

The Cnet settings were good and the explanation about the white balance 10 point adjustment was very informative. Basically it's only used in UHD content and will turn itself on automatically when the TV senses the UHD signal. I verified this when I played some UHD content from the Xfinity app I added to the TV. Once the video started playing the screen took on a new life so I looked in the setting and they had all automatically changed for the UHD content.

http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussio...and-hdr-notes/
I've already tried both the settings from Rtings and Cnet and both are very unimpressive due to the white haze I mentioned. It just never seems to have that clarity that I was hoping for. Even my 11 year old son said "why is the tv so white?" I'm starting to think that it must be my tv because most people seem to like the Rtings or cnet settings just fine.
Terminader likes this.
NoNeedF0RaName is offline  
post #4447 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 06:49 AM
Senior Member
 
leedesert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeedF0RaName View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedesert View Post
I'm using these and they seem to work well. Once you're done you can adjust the backlight and contrast to your liking but contrast will always be relatively high on this set. Anything below 85 did not look good.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sam...s8000/settings

The Cnet settings were good and the explanation about the white balance 10 point adjustment was very informative. Basically it's only used in UHD content and will turn itself on automatically when the TV senses the UHD signal. I verified this when I played some UHD content from the Xfinity app I added to the TV. Once the video started playing the screen took on a new life so I looked in the setting and they had all automatically changed for the UHD content.

http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussio...and-hdr-notes/
I've already tried both the settings from Rtings and Cnet and both are very unimpressive due to the white haze I mentioned. It just never seems to have that clarity that I was hoping for. Even my 11 year old son said "why is the tv so white?" I'm starting to think that it must be my tv because most people seem to like the Rtings or cnet settings just fine.

Can you take a picture of your screen and post it here so we can see it and compare? It sounds like it may just be a problem with that set.
leedesert is offline  
post #4448 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeedF0RaName View Post
I've already tried both the settings from Rtings and Cnet and both are very unimpressive due to the white haze I mentioned. It just never seems to have that clarity that I was hoping for. Even my 11 year old son said "why is the tv so white?" I'm starting to think that it must be my tv because most people seem to like the Rtings or cnet settings just fine.
You shouldn't be getting a white haze if you use all of those settings; if you are indeed setting everything correctly, it might just be a bad TV.
Terminader likes this.
frisbfreek is offline  
post #4449 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 07:08 AM
Senior Member
 
HYPURR DBL NKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Noble Oklahoma
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeedF0RaName View Post
I have watched Cable (both HD and SD), Blu Ray (via PS4), 4K streams from Netflix and Amazon Prime...some with HDR. Only thing I haven't seen is 4K Bluray. The picture just never seems to have that "wow" factor. Always looks like there's a white haze. I don't know if my expectations we too high, but I'm pretty disappointed in it so far. It must be noted that I moved from a Plasma right before this one. Maybe my eyes had just been spoiled with the blacks and stuff.

Can somebody post all settings they are using if they are getting those "deep blacks" and "bright whites"? I am on the verge of sending this TV back since I'm within the 30 day return period.
Mine does the exact same thing, glad you described it as a white haze, because I wasn't sure how to describe it, but that's it to a "T". I set mine up in Movie Mode last night using the settings here, http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sam...s8000/settings, minus the white balance, because they said it isn't necessary and could be different for each TV, mine is the KS8500. Watching an HDR 4K with these setting is terrible, like No Name said, the blacks are not black and the picture is washed out. it looks like a white haze over the screen, blacks are grayish and the picture looks flat, no depth, like having the brightness up too far.

Now when I switch to Dynamic setting, the picture comes alive, deep deep inky blacks and the brights are amazing and the picture looks really good. Does using the Dynamic setting negate the HRD mode, or is it still using HDR mode, ie; deeper blacks and better colors?

Also, if you guys are tweaking the settings other than the rtings settings, then please share. Movie mode IMHO looks horrible on this set with 4K HDR.

Last edited by HYPURR DBL NKL; 08-05-2016 at 07:13 AM.
HYPURR DBL NKL is offline  
post #4450 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 07:13 AM
Member
 
NoNeedF0RaName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Stupid question but how do I add a pic on here? Also, I don't know how well the haze would show up on a pic.
NoNeedF0RaName is offline  
post #4451 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 07:18 AM
Member
 
zieglchr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeedF0RaName View Post
I have watched Cable (both HD and SD), Blu Ray (via PS4), 4K streams from Netflix and Amazon Prime...some with HDR. Only thing I haven't seen is 4K Bluray. The picture just never seems to have that "wow" factor. Always looks like there's a white haze. I don't know if my expectations we too high, but I'm pretty disappointed in it so far. It must be noted that I moved from a Plasma right before this one. Maybe my eyes had just been spoiled with the blacks and stuff.

Can somebody post all settings they are using if they are getting those "deep blacks" and "bright whites"? I am on the verge of sending this TV back since I'm within the 30 day return period.
I wasn't super happy with rtings or cnet settings either. A couple of days after I purchased the TV I got an update pushed to the TV that enabled HDR+. When you go to picture settings select Special viewing mode. There is an option to select it that is next to Game mode. It is exquisite. I use it on every source and haven't been disappointed. I had a Sony X850C before this set. With the default HDR+ settings, it blows it out of the water. The settings I changed from default were to turn off Digital Clean View, turn Auto Motion Plus to custom 0/0 off, and make sure dynamic contrast is on medium. Dynamic contrast in HDR+ mode watching non hdr content (sdr) makes the picture darker. When watching actual hdr content in HDR+ mode, the higher the setting, the brighter it is. I have it set to high for hdr content. Give it a whirl and report back.
Terminader likes this.

Samsung 60 KS8000
Bose Cinemate
zieglchr is offline  
post #4452 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 463
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeedF0RaName View Post
Stupid question but how do I add a pic on here? Also, I don't know how well the haze would show up on a pic.
Unfortunately these forums don't host images. It's easiest if you are using a phone + Tapatalk, as you can take a picture and use Tapatalk to upload + link it (Tapatalk will host the image for you if you register with them). If you are using a computer though, you first have to upload your pic to a site of your own, then provide the link here.
King Richard likes this.
frisbfreek is offline  
post #4453 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 07:39 AM
Member
 
NoNeedF0RaName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglchr View Post
I wasn't super happy with rtings or cnet settings either. A couple of days after I purchased the TV I got an update pushed to the TV that enabled HDR+. When you go to picture settings select Special viewing mode. There is an option to select it that is next to Game mode. It is exquisite. I use it on every source and haven't been disappointed. I had a Sony X850C before this set. With the default HDR+ settings, it blows it out of the water. The settings I changed from default were to turn off Digital Clean View, turn Auto Motion Plus to custom 0/0 off, and make sure dynamic contrast is on medium. Dynamic contrast in HDR+ mode watching non hdr content (sdr) makes the picture darker. When watching actual hdr content in HDR+ mode, the higher the setting, the brighter it is. I have it set to high for hdr content. Give it a whirl and report back.
I happen to be sitting in front of the TV right now before work and I gave your suggestion a try. They do look a heck of a lot better color wise and the haze seems to be gone for the most part, but I have noticed a little bit of juddering with fast motion. Unfortunately I have to leave for work, but I will have to check it out more when I get back from work.
NoNeedF0RaName is offline  
post #4454 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 07:45 AM
Senior Member
 
xenokai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Question, when HDR content kicks in the tv then goes to diffrent TV settings from what ive heard. Question is can the HDR mode settings like the brightness/contrast/ect be changed and saved?
xenokai is offline  
post #4455 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Member
 
zieglchr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeedF0RaName View Post
I happen to be sitting in front of the TV right now before work and I gave your suggestion a try. They do look a heck of a lot better color wise and the haze seems to be gone for the most part, but I have noticed a little bit of juddering with fast motion. Unfortunately I have to leave for work, but I will have to check it out more when I get back from work.
You can adjust the auto motion plus to get rid of that if you'd like. I just prefer a little judder over SOE.

Samsung 60 KS8000
Bose Cinemate
zieglchr is offline  
post #4456 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 678
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokai View Post
Question, when HDR content kicks in the tv then goes to diffrent TV settings from what ive heard. Question is can the HDR mode settings like the brightness/contrast/ect be changed and saved?
Yes I think so but I haven't touched the HDR settings. If you do adjust and come back to it later it should remember your settings. If you **** it up you can just reset it.
blenky is offline  
post #4457 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Member
 
NoNeedF0RaName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglchr View Post
You can adjust the auto motion plus to get rid of that if you'd like. I just prefer a little judder over SOE.
I don't like the SOE either. I'm happy to at least be headed in the right direction though. It's looking a lot closer to what I had hoped.
NoNeedF0RaName is offline  
post #4458 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Member
 
zieglchr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeedF0RaName View Post
I don't like the SOE either. I'm happy to at least be headed in the right direction though. It's looking a lot closer to what I had hoped.
I only get judder when watching a streaming source. I haven't noticed it with OTA content (though I haven't watched much) or with Bluray (which looks incredible).

Samsung 60 KS8000
Bose Cinemate
zieglchr is offline  
post #4459 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
The_Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PACNW
Posts: 851
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatesWarning View Post
No mention of arc in the manual. I don't think it existed in 2008. Yes, it does have an HDMI out. However, I assumed it needed to be an ARC Hdmi out for the tv sound to be sent back through that same HDMI into the AVR.
You could try plugging the HDMI from the ARC HDMI (#4 HDMI on mine) to your receiver output. If it doesn't work, run it optically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatesWarning View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
First off, a big thank you to the members for their assistance in helping me get my 65" KS8000 on the wall and with the information I'll provide for wall mounting. Set up is pretty simple. All you'll need are the tools that your wall mount asks for and 4 M8 1.25 x 45mm. I'd also suggest the Black & Decker Bullseye 190S laser leveler & stud finder. Paid for itself on this project alone. I've attached pictures of both items I used and what my flatscreen looks like on the wall.

Set up is fairly easy and takes at least two people. I'd also put the television on its stand on a table during set up. Your Samsung KS8000 Series will come with 4 spacers and you will need to buy (4) M8 1.25 x 45mm bolts unless your particular wall mount comes with them. I bought a SANUS tilt wall mounts that Costco sells. Outside of the 4 bolts and Samsung spacers do not deviate from your wall mount instructions.

You'll most likely than not have the proper bolts or spacers in your wall mount. I won't confuse the issue, but the one's that came with mine didn't attach properly to the back of the television. My advice is buy the type of bolts I bought to insure you don't over tighten. I was able to hand tighten the bolts to the tilt brackets. Once you do this, follow the rest of your wall mounts instructions to the letter and you'll be golden.


My television snapped right into place without any stress to the back of it. My last bit of advice would be to wear clean gloves or get a couple of clean wash rags for both sides for removing the stands and attaching it to the wall. I love my 65" KS8000, but it is is hard to keep the screen clean. I'll have @frisbfreek attach this to page 1's FAQ, but hit me up if you have any further questions.
I bought this mount to replace the stock stand. My entertainment rack is only 25 inches wide and I want the tv on top. It uses the wall mount holes on the back of the tv.

This mount came with half inch spacers , and large square washers. If the washers are enough to leave a small gap between the tv and the vertical metal bars I am attaching to the tv, should I not use the spacers? The instructions did not explain it.

I have plenty of room to move it around so I could use the spacers, but I'm wondering if that will weaken the connection. I won't know which screws to use until the tv gets here it came with a bunch of screws

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've highlighted what I've already covered on this in my wall mount instructions. More likely than not you are going to run into the same problems most of us did with the mounts bolts and spacers. It is going to fit the top 2 brackets just fine, but not the bottom 2. So go and get the bolts I (we) recommended and save yourself a headache. Also, did you buy yourself an anchor for the stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedesert View Post
I'm using these and they seem to work well. Once you're done you can adjust the backlight and contrast to your liking but contrast will always be relatively high on this set. Anything below 85 did not look good.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sam...s8000/settings

The Cnet settings were good and the explanation about the white balance 10 point adjustment was very informative. Basically it's only used in UHD content and will turn itself on automatically when the TV senses the UHD signal. I verified this when I played some UHD content from the Xfinity app I added to the TV. Once the video started playing the screen took on a new life so I looked in the setting and they had all automatically changed for the UHD content.

http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussio...and-hdr-notes/
There's a Xfininty app? SWEET!! How do I get it to pull up? I didn't see it in the apps when I added the other HBO and Pandora to my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbfreek View Post
Unfortunately these forums don't host images. It's easiest if you are using a phone + Tapatalk, as you can take a picture and use Tapatalk to upload + link it (Tapatalk will host the image for you if you register with them). If you are using a computer though, you first have to upload your pic to a site of your own, then provide the link here.
It is a bit old school, but what I did was send the picture via email from my phone, saved it to my computer and then attached the photo in the reply. It is in the top of the message menu next to the smile icon.

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Spoiler!
The_Donster is online now  
post #4460 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Senior Member
 
FatesWarning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
You could try plugging the HDMI from the ARC HDMI (#4 HDMI on mine) to your receiver output. If it doesn't work, run it optically.



I've highlighted what I've already covered on this in my wall mount instructions. More likely than not you are going to run into the same problems most of us did with the mounts bolts and spacers. It is going to fit the top 2 brackets just fine, but not the bottom 2. So go and get the bolts I (we) recommended and save yourself a headache. Also, did you buy yourself an anchor for the stand?

n.

My stand mount came with the longer bolts you mentioned and also shorter ones of the same diameter. Do I need to use spacers if the short ones fit ?

If I do need the spacers. I know the spacer should not be touching the tv. I'll put it on the other side of the metal mount

I didn't know I would need a stand anchor. I'll order an anchor I see them on Amazon. Extension cords tied wround stand will work for now

Last edited by FatesWarning; 08-05-2016 at 12:03 PM.
FatesWarning is offline  
post #4461 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Senior Member
 
FatesWarning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I will need to hook up the mount and the connections asap when the delivery guys get here. For connections. , should I plug my cable box and ps4 into two separate ports on the one connect box. And then run one HDMI cable from the one connectbox to an AVR HDMI port. And then one to the tv. Or can I not use the one connect box. I need to make sure sound goes through AVR.
FatesWarning is offline  
post #4462 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Terminader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,373
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatesWarning View Post
I will need to hook up the mount and the connections asap when the delivery guys get here. For connections. , should I plug my cable box and ps4 into two separate ports on the one connect box. And then run one HDMI cable from the one connectbox to an AVR HDMI port. And then one to the tv. Or can I not use the one connect box. I need to make sure sound goes through AVR.
I've tried both AVR and OneConnectBox for souurces and I suggest all inputs through OneConnectBox. It makes the source selection go through your TV and the TV remembers the picture settings (e.g. auto switch to Game mode for PS4 and auto switch to HDR+ for cable/satellite).

Sent from my Samsung S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Terminader is online now  
post #4463 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Member
 
jbernardk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPURR DBL NKL View Post
Mine does the exact same thing, glad you described it as a white haze, because I wasn't sure how to describe it, but that's it to a "T". I set mine up in Movie Mode last night using the settings here, http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sam...s8000/settings, minus the white balance, because they said it isn't necessary and could be different for each TV, mine is the KS8500. Watching an HDR 4K with these setting is terrible, like No Name said, the blacks are not black and the picture is washed out. it looks like a white haze over the screen, blacks are grayish and the picture looks flat, no depth, like having the brightness up too far.

Now when I switch to Dynamic setting, the picture comes alive, deep deep inky blacks and the brights are amazing and the picture looks really good. Does using the Dynamic setting negate the HRD mode, or is it still using HDR mode, ie; deeper blacks and better colors?

Also, if you guys are tweaking the settings other than the rtings settings, then please share. Movie mode IMHO looks horrible on this set with 4K HDR.
Try movie mode with dynamic contrast set to high or medium. That did it for me.
King Richard likes this.
jbernardk is offline  
post #4464 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Member
 
Mr_Mysterious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hey all,

I'd really appreciate some help, I'm having some difficulty hooking up my speakers to my TV. I have the Samsung 55KS8500 curved TV (with the One Connect Box), and a pair of JBL LSR308 powered bookshelf speakers. I've tried to use the Digital to Analog converter box (twice!) which would connect my Digital Optical Cable from the One Connect Box to the converter, and then put the RCA speaker inputs into the converter, going out to the XLR inputs in my speakers. I've tried to do this twice with different converters and it hasn't worked.

Any ideas?

This is the exact converter: Vanco 280519 RCA Analog to Coaxial Digital or Toslink Audio Converter https://jet.com/product/detail/e8b94...g&gclsrc=aw.ds That's not the site where I got it from (I got it from a local store) but that's the one.

Thanks,
Mr. Mysterious
Mr_Mysterious is offline  
post #4465 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Member
 
jbernardk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Mysterious View Post
Hey all,

I'd really appreciate some help, I'm having some difficulty hooking up my speakers to my TV. I have the Samsung 55KS8500 curved TV (with the One Connect Box), and a pair of JBL LSR308 powered bookshelf speakers. I've tried to use the Digital to Analog converter box (twice!) which would connect my Digital Optical Cable from the One Connect Box to the converter, and then put the RCA speaker inputs into the converter, going out to the XLR inputs in my speakers. I've tried to do this twice with different converters and it hasn't worked.

Any ideas?

This is the exact converter: Vanco 280519 RCA Analog to Coaxial Digital or Toslink Audio Converter https://jet.com/product/detail/e8b94...g&gclsrc=aw.ds That's not the site where I got it from (I got it from a local store) but that's the one.

Thanks,
Mr. Mysterious
Does this convert digital audio to RCA analog? It says the opposite. I used this and it works fine:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, you have to change the audio setting for the optical audio to PCM for it to work.
jbernardk is offline  
post #4466 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Member
 
Mr_Mysterious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernardk View Post
Does this convert digital audio to RCA analog? It says the opposite. I used this and it works fine:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, you have to change the audio setting for the optical audio to PCM for it to work.
All right, thanks. I've ordered it from Amazon and it should arrive on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Update: I changed the TV audio settings to PCM, and lo and behold! It worked wonderfully.

But now I have a different issue. I'm not able to adjust the volume or mute the TV when I tilt/press the volume button. Instead, the icon for "audio optical out" appears on the TV on the left hand side. What should I do now?

Mr. Mysterious

Last edited by Mr_Mysterious; 08-05-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Mr_Mysterious is offline  
post #4467 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Gaming and Laggy

Not sure what to do but I though this set was good for gaming. Tried even switching to game mode under settings and still really laggy. Any other ideas on how to help with this. Using Xbox One S and compared to my old Vizio 1080p set the lag is unbearable.
motorxoom is offline  
post #4468 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Member
 
persuazion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorxoom View Post
Not sure what to do but I though this set was good for gaming. Tried even switching to game mode under settings and still really laggy. Any other ideas on how to help with this. Using Xbox One S and compared to my old Vizio 1080p set the lag is unbearable.
Gaming mode fixed my lag. Not sure why some others it won't.
Terminader likes this.
persuazion is offline  
post #4469 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by persuazion View Post
Gaming mode fixed my lag. Not sure why some others it won't.

Tried that and it got better but still pretty bad.


HMMMMMM
motorxoom is offline  
post #4470 of 29812 Old 08-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Member
 
persuazion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorxoom View Post
Tried that and it got better but still pretty bad.


HMMMMMM
What game did you notice it most on?
persuazion is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
KS8000/KS8500

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off