Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 391 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 42347Likes

post #11701 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether Strike View Post
Great, thanks man!

Good to hear about the edge lighting being somewhat consistent!

I think I'll exchange it in the next few days or so. I got it from Costco so I have about a month left to make the trip and they are always cool with returns. I just feel like it is something that would bother me permanently if I keep this one. I'm expecting a perfect set (doesn't exist), just the feeling of good old satisfaction with the purchase!
Just to motivate you further:

I've had my hands on more high-end TVs than I'd care to admit. At some point, I dabbled into AV just enough to become a pessimist over PQ and Quality Control (or lack thereof).

I've returned more TVs to stores/postal services than I'd like to admit. So believe me when I say that it is very possible to find a "perfect" set. The KS8000 is very much that TV for me (heavy gaming), and my current set has proved that it is - despite how ridiculously hard it can be - possible to get a set without noticeable flaws.

Good luck, man.

***If you can get pictures for us later, it would help us determine if your set is problematic or if it's within normal variance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11702 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hello, I'm very excited to jump into the world of 4K and bought the 8000 last night, I've tried to research as best I could but it all seems more complicated then the 1080p jump was.
I'm going to begin searching through this massive thread for the best calibration setting and best settings for PS4 pro as this is all new to me. I however did not research enough as I thought the the arc connection would pass everything along I was mistaken.
I still have a home theater in a box I bought back in 2010 that came with the onkyo Ht r580 receiver. At the moment I have no interest in atmos or the dts version, but I would like to change out the receiver for 4K pass through to keep my 7.1 uncompressed sound and keep the speakers the Ht r580 came with since I game in a medium sized room I have no need for anything bigger.
I would like the pass through of course to accept hdr, I'm just not sure of all the requirements and I don't wanna screw it up. So far the only thing I can find is Onkyo TX-SR444 7.1-Channel A/V, does that work for what I'm looking for or is there something better? Thank you
post #11703 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicofchrist View Post
Just to motivate you further:

I've had my hands on more high-end TVs than I'd care to admit. At some point, I dabbled into AV just enough to become a pessimist over PQ and Quality Control (or lack thereof).

I've returned more TVs to stores/postal services than I'd like to admit. So believe me when I say that it is very possible to find a "perfect" set. The KS8000 is very much that TV for me (heavy gaming), and my current set has proved that it is - despite how ridiculously hard it can be - possible to get a set without noticeable flaws.

Good luck, man.

***If you can get pictures for us later, it would help us determine if your set is problematic or if it's within normal variance.
Thanks for the inspiration man!

I will upload those pics or maybe a video if it shows it better later for sure.

post #11704 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzzzee8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Del Priore View Post
Here in NY and think I got the 1150 update in the middle of the night. I checked my software and I have 1150 not sure if .8. Unfortunately I am having a major issue. I have my Xbox one S through my Sony dn1070 and the tv keeps changing its own input and the receivers input to TV every few seconds even if I have a game or video running. It may be a CEC issue but I haven't had a chance to test since I had to run to work. Anybody else having issues?
This happened to me 6 months ago when I got the TV. I stopped using CEC and I have not had any issues since.
Thanks a lot! Will try this when I get home. I figured that was the issue. Just strange since I've had the tv over a month and this literally happened overnight between 12am and 4am. I wonder if the update caused it.
post #11705 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 10:36 AM
NTC

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
I've only just spotted this but the highly respected HDTVtest site has reviewed our TVs. They liked it, of course

(Remember, the equivalent model in the USA is the Samsung KS8000 series)

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue49k...1610234374.htm
Agree, excellent site. It was after their review of the UE55KS7500 back in May that I decided to buy my 55KS8000 here in the States.

Here is another review from Croatia on the UE49KS7002 (Model T-JZMDEUC) with similar results.
http://hdtelevizija.com/2016/07/25/s...bar-recenzija/

On the second page he has an 8-minute long video that goes through all his calibrated settings. The video is in english.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/KfTSoEa6MC8
RayBaer, mrtickleuk and sexpot like this.
post #11706 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Could someone please give me the proper tv settings, when testing for yellowing banding, grey uniformity, lightbleed...etc. Just want to make sure I'm testing my panel properly. I know to use white, grey and black screen vids but I'm not sure what settings to use when testing? Thanks.
post #11707 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Okay, so I have had this TV for a few months now and have tried the cnet and rtings settings and I am still very underwhelmed by this TV. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but everything seems to have a "haze" to it and blacks don't look deep. I came from a Pannosonic ST60 Plasma so I was treated to great black levels so maybe that's the problem. Im unfortunately not a techie so can somebody please post recommended settings (for tv and devices) that will finally knock my socks off because I'm having major buyers remorse.

Here is what I have which are all connected through an Onkyo TX-NR646 receiver so they all use one input into the TV.

PlayStation 4 Pro - Used for bluray movie watching and video gaming

Xbox One S- Used for 4K blurays watching and video gaming

Xfinity Cable- TV watching in HD and SD (ugh!)

I do all streaming such as Netflix and Hulu directly on the KS8000.

Can anybody help me here?
post #11708 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_zep View Post
Hello, I'm very excited to jump into the world of 4K and bought the 8000 last night, I've tried to research as best I could but it all seems more complicated then the 1080p jump was.
I'm going to begin searching through this massive thread for the best calibration setting and best settings for PS4 pro as this is all new to me. I however did not research enough as I thought the the arc connection would pass everything along I was mistaken.
I still have a home theater in a box I bought back in 2010 that came with the onkyo Ht r580 receiver. At the moment I have no interest in atmos or the dts version, but I would like to change out the receiver for 4K pass through to keep my 7.1 uncompressed sound and keep the speakers the Ht r580 came with since I game in a medium sized room I have no need for anything bigger.
I would like the pass through of course to accept hdr, I'm just not sure of all the requirements and I don't wanna screw it up. So far the only thing I can find is Onkyo TX-SR444 7.1-Channel A/V, does that work for what I'm looking for or is there something better? Thank you
You need to be VERY careful using speakers from a HTIB on a new receiver. Most of those use low resistance speakers which can overheat and fry your new receiver. The sound will be very low and you will be turning up the volume to compensate creating a lot of heat. I suggest purchasing new speakers to go along with the receiver. I personally would only buy a Denon receiver. Making sure that it has Audyssey MultEQ.
King Richard likes this.
post #11709 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeedF0RaName View Post
Okay, so I have had this TV for a few months now and have tried the cnet and rtings settings and I am still very underwhelmed by this TV. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but everything seems to have a "haze" to it and blacks don't look deep. I came from a Pannosonic ST60 Plasma so I was treated to great black levels so maybe that's the problem. Im unfortunately not a techie so can somebody please post recommended settings (for tv and devices) that will finally knock my socks off because I'm having major buyers remorse.

Here is what I have which are all connected through an Onkyo TX-NR646 receiver so they all use one input into the TV.

PlayStation 4 Pro - Used for bluray movie watching and video gaming

Xbox One S- Used for 4K blurays watching and video gaming

Xfinity Cable- TV watching in HD and SD (ugh!)

I do all streaming such as Netflix and Hulu directly on the KS8000.

Can anybody help me here?
I can't help you with the blacks but I find that Dynamic Contrast takes away the Haze you are talking about. I'm guessing you are used to watching your Plasma on dynamic mode?
King Richard likes this.
post #11710 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
I can't help you with the blacks but I find that Dynamic Contrast takes away the Haze you are talking about. I'm guessing you are used to watching your Plasma on dynamic mode?
No, I used to watch my Plasma with the settings from cnet and it was beautiful. I guess I was expecting 4K to be better than my 1080p Plasma. I have the Plasma in my bedroom now and it still looks great in comparison to the KS8000 in my living room. Makes me wish I would have not "upgraded".
post #11711 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 599
This new info from Costco's website seems to be different than the one I posted before, so I decided to update it. Starts Sunday and is through the 28th.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #11712 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeedF0RaName View Post
No, I used to watch my Plasma with the settings from cnet and it was beautiful. I guess I was expecting 4K to be better than my 1080p Plasma. I have the Plasma in my bedroom now and it still looks great in comparison to the KS8000 in my living room. Makes me wish I would have not "upgraded".
4K isn't all its cracked up to be. You need to be MUCH closer to the TV in order to tell the difference. But then cable looks like absolute garbage. HDR is where its at though. I love the brightness and the colors of this TV as well.
The_Donster likes this.
post #11713 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Can someone help me out. I tried asking Onkyo this but haven't received a response back. I have a HT-RC460 receiver that I bought in 2012....this one here:

http://www.onkyousa.com/Products/mod...class=Receiver

It says it can do 4k but I can't find any info on the HDMI ports. I'm trying to figure out if I can run an HDMI from the KS8000 to the receiver and then connect all my devices into the receiver or if its best to connect my devices(i.e. PS4 Pro, Xbox One S) into the TV directly and then run either HDMI or Optical out into the receiver? Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Setzer; 11-11-2016 at 12:12 PM.
post #11714 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setzer View Post
Can someone help me out. I tried getting asking Onkyo this but haven't received a response back. I have a HT-RC460 receiver that I bought in 2012....this one here:

http://www.onkyousa.com/Products/mod...class=Receiver

It says it can do 4k but I can't find any info on the HDMI ports. I'm trying to figure out if I can run an HDMI from the KS8000 to the receiver and then connect all my devices into the receiver or if its best to connect my devices(i.e. PS4 Pro, Xbox One S) into the TV directly and then run either HDMI or Optical out into the receiver? Thanks for your help!
It has 4k passthrough. But being from 2012 I doubt it will work with HDR or 4K Blurays. I wasn't able to find any info on hdcp 2.2 compatibility. HDCP 2.2 was created in Oct 2012 but it wasn't enabled via HDMI until Feb 2013. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Edit: BTW. Most new receivers label the HDCP 2.2 compatible ports. Some receivers only have 1 or 2. Others have them all enabled but still labelled. Yours does not have them labelled so I suspect it's a no go.
Setzer and King Richard like this.
post #11715 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 1
hi guys, how to check chroma? i opened this picture http://www.ozone3d.net/public/jegx/2...test-4k-tv.png and with UHD color off i see last 2 rows and with on i also see them. Or UHD colors just to turn on 4k 60p? But there a difference when i rename HDMI 1 to PC, everything goes clearer, so in PC monitor mode i need to set UHD colors to on, and rename HDMI 1 to PC?

Last edited by johnwayne117; 11-11-2016 at 12:28 PM.
post #11716 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1857 Post(s)
Liked: 3021
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwayne117 View Post
hi guys, how to check chroma? i opened this picture http://www.ozone3d.net/public/jegx/2...test-4k-tv.png and with UHD color off i see last 2 rows and with on i also see them. Or UHD colors just to turn on 4k 60p? But there a difference when i rename HDMI 1 to PC, everything goes clearer, so in PC monitor mode i need to set UHD colors to on, and rename HDMI 1 to PC?

Try using the test image I attached to This post .

(and yes, turn "HDMI UHD Color" on in order to unlock all the modes on the TV). See the "HDMI modes" link in my sig for details.
johnwayne117 likes this.

Denon AVR-X4200W + Arcam Alpha 8P. A 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops. | Samsung 55KS7000 TV (EU/UK single-tuner version of KS8000) | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI-4K modes | 4K chroma test | Samsung 2016 TVs | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays
post #11717 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
Yes

Richard

Richard. I'm not getting 5.1 on my PS4 unless I am connecting Optical directly to the PS4. Connecting to the Tv I'm not getting any 5.1. Any ideas?
post #11718 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 12:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
You need to be VERY careful using speakers from a HTIB on a new receiver. Most of those use low resistance speakers which can overheat and fry your new receiver. The sound will be very low and you will be turning up the volume to compensate creating a lot of heat. I suggest purchasing new speakers to go along with the receiver. I personally would only buy a Denon receiver. Making sure that it has Audyssey MultEQ.
Well that very much sucks to hear but I'm grateful for the info, I just see no reason to get a new system just for pass through, games will sounds the same, which is what the new TV is for. I suppose the best option is to go back to 5.1 and do DTS, with this small of a difference I probably wont be able to hear a derogation in sound quality. Any other suggestions per chance?
post #11719 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_zep View Post
Well that very much sucks to hear but I'm grateful for the info, I just see no reason to get a new system just for pass through, games will sounds the same, which is what the new TV is for. I suppose the best option is to go back to 5.1 and do DTS, with this small of a difference I probably wont be able to hear a derogation in sound quality. Any other suggestions per chance?
To be honest you probably won't notice a difference between DTS-HD and DTS with a HTIB.
post #11720 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Here are my settings. Please note that your TV is unique and if they don't work for you, then don't use them. I don't have an HTPC which I see there are a lot that do.

55KS8000
HD Source
Picture Mode Movie
no special viewing modes
Picture Size 16:9 and fit to screen on
Backlight 5
Brightness 45
Contrast 85
Sharpness 15 (purists can use 0)
Color 50
Tint G50 R50
Digital Clean View off
Auto Motion Plus off (you can find other settings in this forum) I liked what I had and then 1142 firmware changed all of that
Smart LED Low
Film Mode Auto2
Make sure HDMI UHD Color is on for all inputs
Dynamic Contrast Off
Color Tone Warm2
White Balance 2pt
Roff -11
Goff 0
BOff 0
RGain -12
GGain 0
BGain 11
Did not use 10pt
Gamma 0
Color Space Custom
Red Green Blue
Magenta 39 15 46
Cyan 23 40 44
Yellow 46 51 12
Blue 7 3 50
Green 24 53 14
Red 24 12 1

HDR Settings everything the same as above except the below.
Backlight 20
Contrast 100
SmartLED High
Color Space Custom
Red Green Blue
Magenta 50 14 74
Cyan 0 52 51
Yellow 52 50 0
Blue 11 7 50
Green 0 50 10
Red 54 8 0

I also have a 65KS8500 and the below settings are the same except for white balance and custom color.
White Balance
2 point Greyscale
R Offset -3
G Offset 0
B Offset -13
R Gain -9
G Gain 0
B Gain 22

SDR Color Space
Red Green Blue
Magenta 39 15 46
Cyan 30 40 43
Yellow 49 51 12
Blue 7 3 51
Green 29 53 14
Red 21 12 1

HDR Color Space
Red Green Blue
Magenta 45 10 74
Cyan 10 56 53
Yellow 50 50 0
Blue 11 7 50
Green 10 50 0
Red 54 8 0

I used an Eye One Display meter using HCFR for calibration. I know it isn't 100% accurate against pro meters. Again, if these settings don't work for you, don't use them. I'm on old school guy that shys away from dynamic modes and for Directv I use native to pass the resolution that the channel broadcasts.

In comparing the 55KS8000 to the 65KS8500, the light bleed is almost non existent compared to the 65KS8500 which bleeds in all 4 corners and when you have white on a black background. I don't notice it at all on the 55KS8000 but I could use some more time with it since I've only had it a few days.

Both panels are AA02
Terminader likes this.

Last edited by Bachelor; 11-11-2016 at 01:08 PM.
post #11721 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
It has 4k passthrough. But being from 2012 I doubt it will work with HDR or 4K Blurays. I wasn't able to find any info on hdcp 2.2 compatibility. HDCP 2.2 was created in Oct 2012 but it wasn't enabled via HDMI until Feb 2013. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Edit: BTW. Most new receivers label the HDCP 2.2 compatible ports. Some receivers only have 1 or 2. Others have them all enabled but still labelled. Yours does not have them labelled so I suspect it's a no go.
Ok thanks!

Edit - Do you think it would be better to pass audio straight from my Xbox and PS4 into the receiver or should I be fine with just using HDMI or optical going from the TV into the receiver. Would like to use as few cables as possible but at the same time I also want to get the best audio possible.

Last edited by Setzer; 11-11-2016 at 01:20 PM.
post #11722 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post
Here are my settings. Please note that your TV is unique and if they don't work for you, then don't use them. I don't have an HTPC which I see there are a lot that do.

55KS8000
HD Source
Picture Mode Movie
no special viewing modes
Picture Size 16:9 and fit to screen on
Backlight 5
Brightness 45
Contrast 85
Sharpness 15 (purists can use 0)
Color 50
Tint G50 R50
Digital Clean View off
Auto Motion Plus off (you can find other settings in this forum) I liked what I had and then 1142 firmware changed all of that
Smart LED Low
Film Mode Auto2
Make sure HDMI UHD Color is on for all inputs
Dynamic Contrast Off
Color Tone Warm2
White Balance 2pt
Roff -11
Goff 0
BOff 0
RGain -12
GGain 0
BGain 11
Did not use 10pt
Gamma 0
Color Space Custom
Red Green Blue
Magenta 39 15 46
Cyan 23 40 44
Yellow 46 51 12
Blue 7 3 50
Green 24 53 14
Red 24 12 1

HDR Settings everything the same as above except the below.
Backlight 20
Contrast 100
SmartLED High
Color Space Custom
Red Green Blue
Magenta 50 14 74
Cyan 0 52 51
Yellow 52 50 0
Blue 11 7 50
Green 0 50 10
Red 54 8 0

I also have a 65KS8500 and the below settings are the same except for white balance and custom color.
White Balance
2 point Greyscale
R Offset -3
G Offset 0
B Offset -13
R Gain -9
G Gain 0
B Gain 22

SDR Color Space
Red Green Blue
Magenta 39 15 46
Cyan 30 40 43
Yellow 49 51 12
Blue 7 3 51
Green 29 53 14
Red 21 12 1

HDR Color Space
Red Green Blue
Magenta 45 10 74
Cyan 10 56 53
Yellow 50 50 0
Blue 11 7 50
Green 10 50 0
Red 54 8 0

I used an Eye One Display meter using HCFR for calibration. I know it isn't 100% accurate against pro meters. Again, if these settings don't work for you, don't use them. I'm on old school guy that shys away from dynamic modes and for Directv I use native to pass the resolution that the channel broadcasts.

In comparing the 55KS8000 to the 65KS8500, the light bleed is almost non existent compared to the 65KS8500 which bleeds in all 4 corners and when you have white on a black background. I don't notice it at all on the 55KS8000 but I could use some more time with it since I've only had it a few days.

Both panels are AA02

Thanks for sharing your results. I am surprised you needed contrast at 85 to be calibrated.
post #11723 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post
This new info from Costco's website seems to be different than the one I posted before, so I decided to update it. Starts Sunday and is through the 28th.

You got a link for that add? I looked on Costco's website and couldn't find that.

Just last week I went into costco and got $108 back. It may have been you that informed me, or not......but I read in this forum that it was on sale for $1649.

They kinda gave me the stank eye for doing it, but still did. They told me that the price match guarantee was over by a few days and they were doing me a favor. Thing is, is that it hadnt even been 30 days yet, and If I wanted I could return the tv for up to 90 and just by the one at a lower price.
post #11724 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Thanks for sharing your results. I am surprised you needed contrast at 85 to be calibrated.
Over 90 and the whites turned pink and discoloration. I do keep contrast maxed at 100 for HDR content. I don't need my tv to be too bright. I have controlled lighting.
post #11725 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setzer View Post
Ok thanks!

Edit - Do you think it would be better to pass audio straight from my Xbox and PS4 into the receiver or should I be fine with just using HDMI or optical going from the TV into the receiver. Would like to use as few cables as possible but at the same time I also want to get the best audio possible.
Your choice. The audio will sound the same regardless. The audio delay may be different depending on which you choose. And what you use to control that delay will depend on your choice. Through the TV and you control the audio delay with the TV. Straight to the receiver and you control the delay with the receiver. Considering you will need audio from the TV to the receiver to hear the apps on the TV you are probably better of doing everything the same way.
pg22 and Setzer like this.
post #11726 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Two different 65" options? Is one of those the 9000?
post #11727 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eephusman View Post
Two different 65" options? Is one of those the 9000?
One is curved - 8500
The_Donster likes this.
post #11728 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
One is curved - 8500
Curved is $100 more? Weird.
post #11729 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1857 Post(s)
Liked: 3021
Quote:
Originally Posted by eephusman View Post
Curved is $100 more? Weird.
Bendy TVs are viewed as more "high end", bizarrely enough. To be fair, the PQ rating published by Samsung is slightly higher too.

Denon AVR-X4200W + Arcam Alpha 8P. A 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops. | Samsung 55KS7000 TV (EU/UK single-tuner version of KS8000) | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI-4K modes | 4K chroma test | Samsung 2016 TVs | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays
post #11730 of 29844 Old 11-11-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Bendy TVs are viewed as more "high end", bizarrely enough. To be fair, the PQ rating published by Samsung is slightly higher too.
Just the first time I've seen them differentiated in price. Ty for your insight. Can't wait to get my hands on mine here soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
KS8000/KS8500

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page