Driving me crazy
This TV - the KS8500 - has a great picture, and great features.....but the input select/edit/setup is driving me so crazy I might have to ditch it!!
I had a JS8500 - and it had none of these problems.
I have a basic system:
- HD Tivo Roamio Pro on HDMI 1
- Samsung UHD Blu Ray on HDMI 2
- NVidia Shield on HDMI 3
- Apple TV on HDMI 4
First, it cannot figure out that the Tivo is a 'cable box.' and it gets lost in a cycle between determining whether I actually have live TV,via cable or antenna or the Tivo - or whether it's all about Verizon.
- Second, it cannot 'identify' anything but the Apple TV...but a day later? That's been erased and I'm back to square one.
- Third, I label everything and then a half day later the labels are all gone, and I'm back to 'HDMI 1,' etc....
- Fourth, after I labeled HDMI 1 as the HD Tivo - I look up to see that both HDMI 1 AND HDMI 3 have the Tivo name.
Is there some secret technique to labeling something and making it stick? And is there no way to use a HD Tivo with this set, so it knows what the heck it is???????
Sorry, if it's not in UHD, I won't watch it!