Official Samsung KS8000/KS8500 Owners Thread - Page 989 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 42390Likes

post #29641 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamad G View Post
After playing a lot of days with HDR games on PS4 Pro (Wild Lands , Uncharted 4 , Last of us , Lost Legacy , Horizon ZD ect..) when i switch now to any SDR Game (GTA v , witcher 3 , Phantom pain ect..) i feel that all the lights are over exposed & there is something not correct or missing & i can't tell what is it , but i can't see any SDR game as beautiful as before after getting used to HDR for a long while,

is this just me or any of you feel the same way ?
Did you switch the settings back from the HDR settings?

Yes man i can't stand 20 backlight at all with sdr

I use around 4 back light and 90 contrast.

Sdr videos are very good but the games just look far superior and correct in lighting and such with HDR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29642 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 04:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 1877 Post(s)
Liked: 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminader View Post
I really think they finally fixed the Smarthub apps issues with the 1203 firmware. The issues have irritated me for more than a year even though there were workarounds.

Seems like they 'kickstart' each app now when you select it. Now I almost always see the busy spinning in progress animation when I select an app and it says App Name Loading.....if I haven't accessed it since I turned on the TV.

Anyone on 1203 that can confirm my findings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Very interesting. Does this mean the YouTube app is any more reliable? I'm constantly having to force-quit it.

Sounds like a bit of a "sledgehammer" solution on Samsung's part, but the idea works for me. I look forward to having that firmware myself to try it!
I wanted to come back to this. I'm delighted that the YouTube app experience is so much more reliable now. I have the 1203.6 firmware.

I don't see the spinner or the YouTube splash page every time I select YouTube, so I don't think it's kick-starting it every time, but:
  • I don't get overlapping text (to be honest I think this was fixed a while ago now)
  • I don't get the "Back" icon permanently stuck in the right-hand bottom corner over playing videos
  • I don't get the browsing navigation suddenly stop working
  • I don't have to force-quit it, just to get it to work

It does still randomly stop playing the navigation sounds though. So not "perfect" yet.

Of course, this could be a combination of firmware and a newer version of the HTML5 YouTube website that we are browsing from within the app.
To check this version, go to Settings within Youtube and scroll across the panels to app version. I'm on 64cd65bd.

Denon AVR-X4200W + Arcam Alpha 8P. A 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops. | Samsung 55KS7000 TV (EU/UK single-tuner version of KS8000) | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI-4K modes | 4K chroma test | Samsung 2016 TVs | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays
post #29643 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dear all, have a nice day. I have KS8500 and my relative has KS9500. We have just received them. We are in need to check the total running hours of both. Any help in this issue?

post #29644 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Quote:
I wanted to come back to this. I'm delighted that the YouTube app experience is so much more reliable now. I have the 1203.6 firmware.

I don't see the spinner or the YouTube splash page every time I select YouTube, so I don't think it's kick-starting it every time, but:
  • I don't get overlapping text (to be honest I think this was fixed a while ago now)
  • I don't get the "Back" icon permanently stuck in the right-hand bottom corner over playing videos
  • I don't get the browsing navigation suddenly stop working
  • I don't have to force-quit it, just to get it to work

It does still randomly stop playing the navigation sounds though. So not "perfect" yet.

Of course, this could be a combination of firmware and a newer version of the HTML5 YouTube website that we are browsing from within the app.
To check this version, go to Settings within Youtube and scroll across the panels to app version. I'm on 64cd65bd.
Unfortunately, my app experience went back to the same issue I've had with this TV from the start: I have to force close the app with the back button on the remote and then restart the app. Easy workaround, but annoying.

Sent from my Samsung S8+ using Tapatalk
jeep05 likes this.
post #29645 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 235
I know a lot of you are pulling out your hair with this TV , harmony remotes and ARC, so you might find some tips below from my HWK-950 thread post:

With many hours of troubleshooting, I think i have figure out the HW-K950 soundbar and its ARC implementation in regards to Harmony Hub Remote setups and 2016 possibly 2017 Samsung TV's.

I re-setup all my Harmony Activities, deleting and re-adding the HW-K950 as a device, then updated all activities to finally get the soundbar working with harmony, this was a fight. I also figured out that the Samsung TV (KS8000) with ARC needs to properly make a handshake with the soundbar in order for it to detect and connect ARC, without changing to TV Speakers. The problem with this, is the TV has to turn on last due to the way they setup ARC. This is odd since the TV is usually the fist to turn on and trigger all ARC devices to turn on. Side effects to this crazy implementation is that the Samsung TV's tend to switch to TV Speakers and annoy everyone to death!

So you basically have to accept that Samsung messed up the way they implemented ARC power on and their TV Speakers auto switching, and find a way to work around it. This is not a problem for Harmony remotes, as you can re-order when all the devices turn on and bypass the power on. So with the Soundbar on first, the ARC handshake is properly created with the TV/Soundbar or other devices, and all is tickety boo.

Order of operation:

1. Turn on the 950 (or Receiver for many) first, this is KEY.
2. Switch to the proper input on the soundbar, make sure Harmony knows it's not direct inputs selection, so it switching to the right source. E.g D.In/ARC or HDMI 1/2 etc
3. Turn on all other devices for whatever activity
4. Switch all other devices to proper inputs
5. Turn on the KS TV last, this is SUPER KEY
6. Switch to the TV input needed. BOOM arc will connect to the soundbar and not switch to TV Speakers automatically.

Do this order of operations for all Activities.

Now on to my next issue, getting Steam Link installed on the TV in Canada...... i'll figure this out.

Last edited by Hiredgoon; 10-06-2017 at 11:06 AM.
post #29646 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
For some reason, Samsung has delayed any firmware update in Australia. I’m still on 1180 and it’s been a while since Samsung has pushed out any newer firmware updates locally. Can any Australian KS users confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #29647 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by haoliu012485 View Post
For some reason, Samsung has delayed any firmware update in Australia. I’m still on 1180 and it’s been a while since Samsung has pushed out any newer firmware updates locally. Can any Australian KS users confirm this?

Still on 1180
post #29648 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You have a T-JZMUABC model so you share firmware with Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, and Latin America.
All these support pages, for those other regions, are also still on 1180.5 - so it's not specifically an Oz-only thing, it's the version of the model.

http://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/UA55KS8000WXXY
http://www.samsung.com/ae/support/model/UA60KS8000KXZN
http://www.samsung.com/n_africa/supp...WXMV#downloads
http://www.samsung.com/br/support/model/UN55KS7000GXZD

The upside of this is that it's affecting 1/3rd of the models, there are only 3 of them - so there's a huge number of people like you waiting, so there will be pressure on Samsung, so it can't be much longer I wouldn't have thought.

There was only really one interim version (1201.6) after the one you have, which was only released (for my model) just two weeks before 1203.6 was for T-JZMAKUC models (Canada, S.Korea, USA). Fingers crossed 1203.6 (or later) will be coming your way very soon.
cydeweyz and haoliu012485 like this.

Denon AVR-X4200W + Arcam Alpha 8P. A 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops. | Samsung 55KS7000 TV (EU/UK single-tuner version of KS8000) | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI-4K modes | 4K chroma test | Samsung 2016 TVs | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 10-06-2017 at 08:14 AM.
post #29649 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzy66 View Post
Still on 1180

Cheers

post #29650 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
You have a T-JZMUABC model so you share firmware with Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, and Latin America.

All these support pages, for those other regions, are also still on 1180.5 - so it's not specifically an Oz-only thing, it's the version of the model.

http://www.samsung.com/ae/support/model/UA60KS8000KXZN

http://www.samsung.com/n_africa/supp...WXMV#downloads

http://www.samsung.com/br/support/model/UN55KS7000GXZD

The upside of this is that it's affecting 1/3rd of the models, there are only 3 of them - so there's a huge number of people like you waiting, so there will be pressure on Samsung, so it can't be much longer I wouldn't have thought.

There was only really one interim version (1201.6) after the one you have, which was only released (for my model) just two weeks before 1203.6 was for T-JZMAKUC models (Canada, S.Korea, USA). Fingers crossed 1203.6 (or later) will be coming your way very soon.

Thank you for your clarification. I always assumed this was more or less a region specific issue. I’m conscious that Oz Samsung Ks support page is still showing 1180 as the latest firmware. I suspected Samsung was just been slacking off with their firmware release for other regions aside from USA, Canada and S.Korea).

Anyway, let’s hope there’s a new firmware coming our way in the very near future!

Thanks again.

post #29651 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
For those of us with Xbox One's and are in the Alpha Ring for the OS updates, it appears the latest update (rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.171003-1002) has some specific updates and fixes to problems relating to HDR and UHD Bluray playback, including:

• Blu-Ray Player

• Resolved an issue which sometimes caused 3D Blu-Rays to play in 2D.
  • Miscellaneous fixes for Blu-Ray HDR playback.

• Display & sound

• Resolved an issue which sometimes prevented the TV from switching to HDR mode when playing 4K UHD HDR content.
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #29652 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for your clarification. I always assumed this was more or less a region specific issue. I’m conscious that Oz Samsung Ks support page is still showing 1180 as the latest firmware. I suspected Samsung was just been slacking off with their firmware release for other regions aside from USA, Canada and S.Korea).

Anyway, let’s hope there’s a new firmware coming our way in the very near future!

Thanks again.
You're welcome! I wouldn't think it's slacking, more that they can only build test and release one firmware at a time.

It's easier if you realise there are only 3 different chassis so 3 different firmwares which cover the entire globe.
  1. T-JZMDEUC, sold across Europe, CIS and parts of Middle East and North Africa.
  2. T-JZMUABC, sold in Australia, Asia Pacific, other parts of Middle East and North Africa, and Latin America
  3. T-JZMAKUC, sold in Canada and South Korea. Oh, and America.

So putting dates and versions to those:
  1. T-JZMDEUC: v1203.6 (27th Sep), v1201.6 (3rd Aug), v1180.5 (16th Jun), ....................v1169.2 (27th Apr)
  2. T-JZMUABC: .......................................v1180.5 (19th Jun)
  3. T-JZMAKUC: v1203.6 ( 5th Sep), ...................v1180.5 ( 9th Jun), v1170.0 (25th May), v1169.2 (20th Apr)

When you look at that you see even though June seems ages ago, it doesn't take much to assume there was a problem with 1201, or 1203 was ready to go sooner than they expected, and to assume that 1203 is on the way for your T-JZMUABC (you can see this on the "contact Samsung" page).

post #29653 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogimus View Post
Oh well, in addition to Smart LED "off" backlight flashing bug/feature, I found another annoying behavior.. this time in HDR game mode.
Depending of scene brightness and TV's contrast settings picture brightness starts pulsing. In this scene (game -> Forza 7) saturation is weird/strong if contrast set to around 100, brightness is pulsing if contrast set to around 95 and picture is not optimally "HDR bright" and little unsaturated if contrast is set to around 90.

https://youtu.be/lyK82a3dJ80
This happens anytime the overall screen space gets over a certain brightness.

Boot up wipeout omega collection and watch it’s pute white menus with light grey highlights that move around the screen ticks this behaviour to trigger in hdr.

It only happens when the lighter grey areas become introduced on screen and take up a certain amount screen space, otherwise he screen will remain pure bright white with no faltering in its brightness.

My guess would be the tv trying to correct the image with its tone mapping.

It’s just more noticeable in brighter imagery than it is when your viewing scenes that are predominantly dark or dim in tone.

Last edited by rego00123; 10-06-2017 at 03:03 PM.
post #29654 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

New HDR vid just posted on YouTube:

post #29655 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogimus View Post
Oh well, in addition to Smart LED "off" backlight flashing bug/feature, I found another annoying behavior.. this time in HDR game mode.
Depending of scene brightness and TV's contrast settings picture brightness starts pulsing. In this scene (game -> Forza 7) saturation is weird/strong if contrast set to around 100, brightness is pulsing if contrast set to around 95 and picture is not optimally "HDR bright" and little unsaturated if contrast is set to around 90.

https://youtu.be/lyK82a3dJ80
Are you using Movie mode with Game mode enabled? Use Standard. On my set, whenever i watch a HDR title in movie mode, the brightness fluctuates. It does not happen when i use standard. Seems like there's an undefeatable Motion Lightning in HDR Movie Mode.
post #29656 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notadrummer View Post
Are you using Movie mode with Game mode enabled?
Those are two completely different modes. You can't be in "Movie mode with Game mode enabled". That's impossible.

When you do not set the HDMI port's input type to "PC", the following Picture Modes are available to you
  • Dynamic (HDR is not displayed)
  • Natural (HDR is not displayed)
  • Movie (auto-switches between HDR and SDR picture presets)
  • Standard (auto-switches between HDR and SDR picture presets)
  • Sport (HDR is not displayed)
  • Game (HDR is displayed, but the TV does not remember separate SDR and HDR presets)
  • HDR+ (auto-switches between HDR and SDR picture presets)
  • Cal-Night (auto-switches between HDR and SDR picture presets) (must be unlocked in the service menu)
  • Cal-Day (auto-switches between HDR and SDR picture presets) (must be unlocked in the service menu)

You can only be in one Picture Mode at a time. To check which Picture Mode you are in, Press Home on the Smart Remote, scroll to settings, and read what it says in the Quick Settings icon bar.

Quote:
Use Standard. On my set, whenever i watch a HDR title in movie mode, the brightness fluctuates. It does not happen when i use standard. Seems like there's an undefeatable Motion Lightning in HDR Movie Mode.
Yes other people have found this too.
jconjason likes this.

post #29657 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
[*]Dynamic (HDR is not displayed)[*]Natural (HDR is not displayed)
Why do you think so? As i know, those modes have "HDR" icon at Info menu.
Rtings has testing HDR for those modes too. And dynamic mode is much brighter compared to Movie. Q9 can achieve 2000 nit only with dynamic mode.
I'm wondering how dynamic mode work with KS series and how much brightness it can offer.

And what can you tell about Cal modes? Which advantages can those modes offer?

Last edited by carsar123; 10-06-2017 at 02:18 PM.
post #29658 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsar123 View Post
Why do you think so? As i know, those modes have "HDR" icon at Info menu.
The Info menu, and the "HDR" icon in there, is always indicating what signal the TV is receiving, not displaying! That's why the resolution changes for example. But the TV is always outputting 2160p because it's a fixed panel.

It's very obvious from looking, when you feed it a HDR signal, which modes are displaying it. Secondly, when the TV was first released only Movie mode supported HDR. Later, Standard was added. After that, "HDR+" and Game, normally with press releases etc to announce the news.
No other picture modes can display HDR. We would have heard about it in the previous 30,000 posts and year's discussions here

Please read the first page, and the FAQ linked there.

Dynamic mode aka "torch" mode will be brighter because the picture is skewed heavily blue which is easier to get brighter, it's not supposed to be used for any viewing, it's for shops (stores) to sell TVs. 1000 nits of a massively inaccurate picture, or 2000 nits of a massively inaccurate picture, is a total waste of time. Just like a really bad stereo which sounds awful isn't "good" just because it can be played loudly.

Quote:
Rtings has
That website seems useful on the surface, but unfortunately has made several howling errors, to the point that I won't rely on anything posted there to be correct unless it had an authoritative source and the same information also appears on more reliable sites.

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 10-06-2017 at 02:37 PM.
post #29659 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
It's very obvious from looking, when you feed it a HDR signal, which modes are displaying it. Secondly, when the TV was first released only Movie mode supported HDR. Later, Standard was added. After that, "HDR+" and Game. No other picture modes can display HDR. We would have heard about it in the previous 30,000 posts and year's discussions here
Maybe I blind, but I can't tell surely Dynamic mode has not HDR support...It looks very bright and color difference is ambiguous
And If you calibrate games(like Hitman, RE7), peak brightness slides are very close at Movie and Dynamic mode.
And second, what the reason to make non-NDR mode brighter than HDR mode? (as i've told - only Dynamic hdr mode offers 2000 nit for Q9. That's important, because Q9 specs mean 2000 nit peak brightness for HDR. If we can achieve 2000 nit HDR with that TV - why we should call that TV as HDR2000 http://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/qled-q9f/QE88Q9FAMTXXU/)
Rtings has told about broken HDR in PC mode for 2017 samsung series. So I guess they know what they do and they can determine HDR content or not.

And my main question is how PC mode supports HDR. It has didicated preset for HDR, however HDR games' behavior is very strange in that mode.
For example, I need to set ingame brightness to 12(for Hitman) in Miovie, Game, Dynamic mode and i need to set 7 for PC HDR mode.
My suggestion -PC HDR mode is broken not only for 2017 TVs

Last edited by carsar123; 10-06-2017 at 02:57 PM.
post #29660 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Quote:
It's very obvious from looking, when you feed it a HDR signal, which modes are displaying it. Secondly, when the TV was first released only Movie mode supported HDR. Later, Standard was added. After that, "HDR+" and Game. No other picture modes can display HDR. We would have heard about it in the previous 30,000 posts and year's discussions here
Maybe I blind, but I can't tell surely Dynamic mode has not HDR support...It looks very bright and color difference is ambiguous
And If you calibrate games(like Hitman, RE7), peak brightness slides are very close at Movie and Dynamic mode.
And second, what the reason to make non-NDR mode brighter than HDR mode? (as i've told - only Dynamic hdr mode offers 2000 nit for Q9. That's important, because Q9 specs mean 2000 nit peak brightness for HDR. If we can achieve 2000 nit HDR with that TV - why we should call that TV as 2000 nit )
Rtings has told about broken HDR in PC mode for 2017 samsung series. So I guess they know what they do and they can determine HDR content or not.

And my main question is how PC mode supports HDR. It has didicated preset for HDR, however HDR games' behavior is very strange in that mode.
For example, I need to set ingame brightness to 12(for Hitman) in Miovie, Game, Dynamic mode and i need to set 7 for PC HDR mode.
My suggestion -PC HDR mode is broken not only for 2017 TVs
Dynamic does support both hdr and WCG. The settings just dont change like movie or standard. This is a fact, i compared one to a 2015 js8500 that does change settings unlike the ks models side by side. Anyone else that says differently is just wrong.
post #29661 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 501
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
Jason,

Here is the result of my conversations with the director and the chief engineer....

HDMI AUTO DETECT TOGGLE

The HDMI Auto Detect feature can be turned off on Samsung 2016/2017 TVs using the remote control by pressing a certain key sequence (either IR or Bluetooth remote works).

1. Make sure TV is updated to latest firmware version
2. Switch TV to TV source – HDMI may not work with BT Smart remotes. TV source works with either remote
3. Using IR Remote: Mute + 7 + 2 + 9 + Exit
4. Using Smart Control: Mute + Vol Down + Ch Down + Mute

PLEASE NOTE: TV does not display any messages after you press the above key combination. This function is a toggle. So if you want to turn HDMI Auto Detect on again, press the same key sequence.

This information has already been shared with online Tech Support and the Call Centers.

Rudy,

As I suspected this is not the 'auto detect' toggle that I was suggesting, I wanted to make sure after several power ups that it was going to hold since the KS has a mind of its own.

The 'auto detect' toggle that I would like to see is the function that detects the source signal regarding rgb/ycbcr/444/422/420/limited/full (not simply the active signal detect).

The problem is that the KS8xxx decides what the end-user wants versus us being able to set it how we want it (being able to set and forget). We should have the ability to set all of our sources the same and have the KS not auto change settings (unless it detects HDR).

This feature is especially important for those using a single input on the KS OCB and feeding their sources via an AVR/HDMI switch and wanting the ability to have consistency across all sources while using a single calibration (on that single OCB input).

I have hope that this toggle is already built into the KS and we simply are not aware of the method to adjust it (much like the above mentioned function).

This is the first display that I have ever owned that does this on its own without the ability to disable it (most displays seem to have this tied to the HDMI-CEC toggle). It's odd that even with the HDMI-CEC and the above setting disabled that the KS still randomly changes modes while switching through various sources even if those sources are set for the same output signal (example: ycbcr limited).

OR... can we get Game special viewing mode while under the PC Umbrella?

Thank you,
- Jason

HT = JVC RS40 / Lumagen Radiance / Vivitek 1186 /@133" / Denon x5200 7.3.4 Atmos / B&K 5000 II amp / Boston VR2/VR12/CR67 speakers / Rythmik 12" subs x2 / CV 15" sub / Sony BDP s1000ES / Yamaha DV-S5860 / Toshiba HD-A3 / PureAV PF31
Media Room = Samsung 65KS8000 / Denon x3300 / Klipsch speakers / Velodyne subs / Samsung K8500 / PS4 Pro + PSVR / WiiU / PS3 / 360 / Wii / 1080 TI - i7 game PC / Multi-Arcade / My HT SLIDESHOW

Last edited by DaGamePimp; 10-06-2017 at 03:06 PM.
post #29662 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmoss35 View Post
Dynamic does support both hdr and WCG. The settings just dont change like movie or standard. This is a fact, i compared one to a 2015 js8500 that does change settings unlike the ks models side by side.
ok, must have been added in a recent firmware update then . Surprised no-one mentioned it. Perhaps it was because so few discerning people use that mode.
Terminader likes this.

post #29663 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Quote:
Dynamic does support both hdr and WCG. The settings just dont change like movie or standard. This is a fact, i compared one to a 2015 js8500 that does change settings unlike the ks models side by side.
ok, must have been added in a recent firmware update then . Surprised no-one mentioned it. Perhaps it was because so few discerning people use that mode.
Not ideal, but crazy how intense it gets! I use standard for everything.
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #29664 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
The settings just dont change like movie or standard.
Maybe because the settings are already at 20 backlight, 100 contrast?
I'm testing Dynamic HDR vs Movie mode right now. Same settings(20BL, 100 contr, 50 color, high LD, DC off, color temperature standart) and I can't find any real noticible difference between these modes, beside peak brightness(it is higher with Dynamic).
I have compared Movie with auto/native color space, and dynamic looks closer to auto. Colors are slightly reacher with auto+ HDR, as it should be.

The main misleading thing is unavailable settings(dimmed in menu). You can suggest that dimmed native means only native... however you can be wrong.
For example, PC mode has dimmed native colorspace setting in HDR mode.
Samsung engineres made native CS unchangeable for HDR mode. I repeat: native and HDR.
so, Are you really think that dimmed setting can only mean native?
post #29665 of 29915 Old 10-06-2017, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamad G View Post
After playing a lot of days with HDR games on PS4 Pro (Wild Lands , Uncharted 4 , Last of us , Lost Legacy , Horizon ZD ect..) when i switch now to any SDR Game (GTA v , witcher 3 , Phantom pain ect..) i feel that all the lights are over exposed & there is something not correct or missing & i can't tell what is it , but i can't see any SDR game as beautiful as before after getting used to HDR for a long while,

is this just me or any of you feel the same way ?
I completely understand this. Do you use ReShade? It's why I for sure utilize ReShade in every game now. I could never go back without using it now. Makes the games basically just as stunning as HDR optimized games. The SDR looks pretty muted with coloring and severely over exposed without the use of ReShade. Can look pretty horrible. People now having the HDR gaming options are becoming more aware of this always existent issue with SDR games.

ETA: Shoot, I just realized you said PS4 Pro... I don't know if you can use ReShade outside of a PC. If you have the option for PC gaming.. ReShade makes SDR games pretty stunning and a world of difference!!!

Last edited by MeganElisabeth; 10-06-2017 at 09:20 PM.
post #29666 of 29915 Old 10-07-2017, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganElisabeth View Post
I completely understand this. Do you use ReShade? It's why I for sure utilize ReShade in every game now. I could never go back without using it now. Makes the games basically just as stunning as HDR optimized games. The SDR looks pretty muted with coloring and severely over exposed without the use of ReShade. Can look pretty horrible. People now having the HDR gaming options are becoming more aware of this always existent issue with SDR games.

ETA: Shoot, I just realized you said PS4 Pro... I don't know if you can use ReShade outside of a PC. If you have the option for PC gaming.. ReShade makes SDR games pretty stunning and a world of difference!!!
as you noted the PS4 does not have such app , but anyway nearly all the new games are already HDR

i just wished that Witcher 3 would be HDR also & not just 4K after the latest path
post #29667 of 29915 Old 10-07-2017, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I'm having an odd problem. When I connect to the Internet using a LAN cable, the smart apps don't load. But when I connect through Wi-Fi they do fine. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
post #29668 of 29915 Old 10-07-2017, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi guys,

I’m ready to pull the trigger, please help me choose between these two:

Samsung UN60KS800D 998 @ Sam’s

Or

Vizio P65-E1 1299 @ Cotsco

What’s best /worst of one over the other?

Best regards
post #29669 of 29915 Old 10-07-2017, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1362
Just a reminder, as mentioned by the moderators many, many times... This is not a "Help me buy" thread.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears,PA 120 12" Sub,klipsch R-10SW
post #29670 of 29915 Old 10-07-2017, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1237 Post(s)
Liked: 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo232 View Post
Hi guys,

I’m ready to pull the trigger, please help me choose between these two:

Samsung UN60KS800D 998 @ Sam’s

Or

Vizio P65-E1 1299 @ Cotsco

What’s best /worst of one over the other?

Best regards
I'm going to ask that you take the discussion to the "help me chose thread"

the "help me choose an LCD" thread

thanks

For Sale JVC DLA-X750R/RS500 Projector includes two lamps

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/252-fr...l#post54970964
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
KS8000/KS8500

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version