2015 M Series or Hisense? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-27-2016, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
2015 M Series or Hisense?

I can grab a 50in Vizio M series for 447.00 or a 50in 4K Hisense for 375.00 or the
55in 4K Hisense for 475.00 all are NIB.

I'm on a budget & these all are below my max spending limit. Any advice on which way to go? I always thought the Hisense was a joke but I've seen a couple in other people's homes & the ones I have seen had a great picture. Will mainly use if to watch Comcast cable untill we finally cut the cord.

Any personal experience or recommendations will be helpful. Plan on grabbing something this evening. I'm thinking 1 of these will work for me untill Black Friday comes around & I can get a good deal on a 65 somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2016, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone?
Old 04-27-2016, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I think Hisense also does the Sharp tvs as well. Gamble and get the Hisense
Old 04-27-2016, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1530 Post(s)
Liked: 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebedam View Post
I can grab a 50in Vizio M series for 447.00 or a 50in 4K Hisense for 375.00 or the

I'm on a budget & these all are below my max spending limit. Any advice on which way to go? I always thought the Hisense was a joke but I've seen a couple in other people's homes & the ones I have seen had a great picture. Will mainly use if to watch Comcast cable untill we finally cut the cord.

Any personal experience or recommendations will be helpful. Plan on grabbing something this evening. I'm thinking 1 of these will work for me untill Black Friday comes around & I can get a good deal on a 65 somewhere.
Think last years Vizio M was Full Array with Local Dimming. Larger ones had 32 zones, but don't know how many the 50" one had. Check to see if you can find any specific info on zones for that Vizio model. It should be better than the low end edge-lit Hisense models. If they are all edge-lit, some of the Hisense come with class leading 4 year warranties.

DON'T ARGUE WITH ME. I AM NEVER WONG.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
Think last years Vizio M was Full Array with Local Dimming. Larger ones had 32 zones, but don't know how many the 50" one had. Check to see if you can find any specific info on zones for that Vizio model. It should be better than the low end edge-lit Hisense models. If they are all edge-lit, some of the Hisense come with class leading 4 year warranties.
Well I happened to be in a SAMs earlier $ they had a
50 & a 55 side by side.. Looks like whatever I choose now it will at least have to be a 55. I don't think I would be pleased with the 50 because it's so small...
Old 04-27-2016, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebedam View Post

I've been looking into the Hisense TVs and there isn't much info out there. I believe they are pretty basic 60hz/full array/no dimming/4K. I haven't pinned down any 4:4:4 info, lag times are said to be not so great, no info on quality, bad customer service reported from like 1 guy. Anyway, they are on clearance now because the 2016 versions are coming out and they will all support HDR, so you may want to wait. Hisense also will be producing under the SHARP name so that may be an option to look into also.

The Vizio is definitely going to have more in the way of information and community help that is for sure.

It would be nice if someone would test these less popular brand TVs and report on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement