looking for a new TV - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-17-2016, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
looking for a new TV

hi, hopefully someone can help me out
i am looking to buy a new TV i am looking for a screen size of 55 to 65 inches
i have read a few reviews and looked at spec sheets but honestly i just found it more confusing that anything else

-the primary use of the TV will be Gaming both on PC and console

-size 55 to 650 inches

-dont really care to much if its 4k or 1080p, i guess 4k would be nice for PC gaming and UHD blu ray but its not massively important

-must have a true 120hz refresh rate for PC gaming

-lowest possible response time for gaming

from the research i have done it seems vizio TV's tick all my boxes but i cant find suppliers in the UK so now im abit stuck
any help or advice would be very much appreciated

thanks
t103Ninja is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 05-17-2016, 07:32 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 18,752
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by t103Ninja View Post
...from the research i have done it seems vizio TV's tick all my boxes but i cant find suppliers in the UK so now im abit stuck
any help or advice would be very much appreciated
One big issue is that this is a North American based forum and the TVs we get here are very different than the UK versions. And i don't think Vizio is available in Europe at all.


You'd be much better served posting your question in the UK-based AVForums LCD forum (or their OLED Forum if you have a lot of money).

You might also want to say your viewing distance, and if you'll be sitting directly in front of the TV (VA Panel) or more than say 20 degrees off to the side (IPS Panel)

https://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs.155/


______________________________________

Randy
Sony 55W800B, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TiVo Series3 & Premiere, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC MX-890, MX-780, R40, MX-450, MX-500 Remotes.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
RandyWalters is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 05-17-2016, 08:25 AM
Member
 
beerninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vista, CA
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Vizio not available in UK unless you import and use a transformer. Next best bet for input lag is any Samsung 2015 or newer model but you'll have to put up with the ridiculous curved screens. Also no full array local dimming (in other words poor black levels) unless you drop a lot of cash on the KS9800 flagship.

Samsung input lag measurements:
http://www.displaylag.com/input-lag-2016-hdtvs/
beerninja is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 05-17-2016, 08:59 AM
Thread Ender
 
WS65711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Covington, LA OTA & Charter CableCard
Posts: 4,971
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by t103Ninja View Post
hi, hopefully someone can help me out
i am looking to buy a new TV i am looking for a screen size of 55 to 65 inches
i have read a few reviews and looked at spec sheets but honestly i just found it more confusing that anything else

-the primary use of the TV will be Gaming both on PC and console

-size 55 to 650 inches

-dont really care to much if its 4k or 1080p, i guess 4k would be nice for PC gaming and UHD blu ray but its not massively important

-must have a true 120hz refresh rate for PC gaming

-lowest possible response time for gaming

from the research i have done it seems vizio TV's tick all my boxes but i cant find suppliers in the UK so now im abit stuck
any help or advice would be very much appreciated

thanks

I would go for that 650 incher if you have the room. That would be really really cool, and you'd probably be the only one on your block with iMax TV . . .

To anyone interested in a Google Chromebox or Chromebook..
Be aware that these boxes run a variant of Linux and DO NOT support HDCP!!!
This means no support for HD on most streaming services. I wish I would have known this beforehand....

Blu-rays & DVD's
WS65711 is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 05-17-2016, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post
One big issue is that this is a North American based forum and the TVs we get here are very different than the UK versions. And i don't think Vizio is available in Europe at all.


You'd be much better served posting your question in the UK-based AVForums LCD forum (or their OLED Forum if you have a lot of money).

You might also want to say your viewing distance, and if you'll be sitting directly in front of the TV (VA Panel) or more than say 20 degrees off to the side (IPS Panel)

https://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs.155/


______________________________________
thanks, i didnt realise this forum was north american based my bad
i will be sitting directly in front of the TV and as far as the viewing distance goes the room where im going to have my setup is pretty bare at the moment and i have plenty of room to adjust the distance as needed
t103Ninja is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 05-17-2016, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerninja View Post
Vizio not available in UK unless you import and use a transformer. Next best bet for input lag is any Samsung 2015 or newer model but you'll have to put up with the ridiculous curved screens. Also no full array local dimming (in other words poor black levels) unless you drop a lot of cash on the KS9800 flagship.

Samsung input lag measurements:
http://www.displaylag.com/input-lag-2016-hdtvs/
thanks for the info
dont really want a curved screen and as far as i can see non of the samsung TV's have a 120hz input
t103Ninja is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 05-17-2016, 09:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: U.K.
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by t103Ninja View Post
hi, hopefully someone can help me out
i am looking to buy a new TV i am looking for a screen size of 55 to 65 inches
i have read a few reviews and looked at spec sheets but honestly i just found it more confusing that anything else

-the primary use of the TV will be Gaming both on PC and console

-size 55 to 650 inches

-dont really care to much if its 4k or 1080p, i guess 4k would be nice for PC gaming and UHD blu ray but its not massively important

-must have a true 120hz refresh rate for PC gaming

-lowest possible response time for gaming

from the research i have done it seems vizio TV's tick all my boxes but i cant find suppliers in the UK so now im abit stuck
any help or advice would be very much appreciated

thanks
Hi, Take a look at the Sony KDL55W829B 55-inch Widescreen Full HD.
I think it will fit your needs very well and because it's not a new model you should be able to find one between £550 and £650.
There are plenty of reviews on the net (the KDL50 is the same but smaller)
Good luck.
alexbarbel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off