2016 Hisense H8C, H5C, H4C and H3C Entry Level series - Page 56 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 205Likes

post #1651 of 1713 Old 08-28-2017, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I bought a 50H8C about a week ago and thanks to this thread found some great setting for calibrating. However I am having tons of issues with audio though. I am running both DirecTV receiver and a Mi Box to the TV and audio sync is way off and it is never consistent. I am connecting both to the TV with HDMI and pushing audio out to a Vizio soundbar via optical. Any suggestions? When I via the apps built in on the TV audio is fine.
65H8c (2017)
I have the Vizio soundbar SB3851-D0 connected via the ARC hdmi and have no latency problems
mwhip likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1713 Old 08-29-2017, 05:17 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmf View Post
65H8c (2017)
I have the Vizio soundbar SB3851-D0 connected via the ARC hdmi and have no latency problems
Went got one to see if that is my issue and the latency got worse! I am contacting Hisense today to see what the problem is and see if I need to swap the TV.
post #1653 of 1713 Old 08-29-2017, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Went got one to see if that is my issue and the latency got worse! I am contacting Hisense today to see what the problem is and see if I need to swap the TV.
..umm.. how about changing the Hisense [audio setting] to DD from PCM? Try [direct] for picture, too. ?

The Vizio does have a latency setting you can change. That isn't set, is it?

post #1654 of 1713 Old 08-29-2017, 05:46 AM

Quote:
..umm.. how about changing the Hisense [audio setting] to DD from PCM? Try [direct] for picture, too. ?

The Vizio does have a latency setting you can change. That isn't set, is it?

I will change it to PCM and see how that goes. I did check the smartcast app and the latency setting is set to 0.
post #1655 of 1713 Old 08-29-2017, 06:02 AM

Quote:
I will change it to PCM and see how that goes. I did check the smartcast app and the latency setting is set to 0.
I have audio set to PCM. and Vizio latency to 0. How about changing the [speakers] to the Hisense and see if you still have the latency?
post #1656 of 1713 Old 08-29-2017, 06:26 AM

Quote:
I have audio set to PCM. and Vizio latency to 0. How about changing the [speakers] to the Hisense and see if you still have the latency?
TV speakers are fine apps from the TV are fine as well. It is the DirecTV receiver or the MiBox. I also tried a Roku and Amazon Fire TV to make sure.
post #1657 of 1713 Old 08-29-2017, 06:29 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
TV speakers are fine apps from the TV are fine as well. It is the DirecTV receiver or the MiBox. I also tried a Roku and Amazon Fire TV to make sure.
I'm out of ideas for you
post #1658 of 1713 Old 08-29-2017, 12:05 PM

Liked: 4
Quote:
Have you tried to connect your direct tv stb directly to the soundbar via optical/coaxial? If so, try to connect through the tv.
post #1659 of 1713 Old 08-30-2017, 12:03 PM

I set the TV back to factory settings and then started from scratch. Now it's working. Sometimes going back to the beginning seems to work.
post #1660 of 1713 Old 09-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
Hi, wasn't able to find any other thread anyplace else with as many Hisense owners.
I have 2 Sharp TVs made by Hisense. LC-60N6200U and LC-43N6100U. I read on another forum the 43" is a rebadged 43H7C, not sure if true.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has noticed any odd gray pixel fringing on their Hisense TVs when plugged into a PC and displaying 4K@60Hz, 4:4:4 chroma or RGB Full. Both of my TVs exhibit this behavior. Basically, anywhere where dark pixels form an angle, inside the angle is a gray pixel which shouldn't be there. I have Sharpness set to 0 and mode set to Game, but nothing fixes it.

Below is my PC monitor on the left (HP 24"), 43" Sharp/Hisense TV on the right. Maximize box is clean on the PC monitor, but on the TV looks like a gray pixel in each corner. The X also looks like it has extra gray pixels make it look less crisp compared to the PC monitor.

Same effect on text. PC monitor on the left, text is much cleaner. TV on the right, there is a gray pixel in each corner of the letter "D" and "o" of "Documents". There is also an extra gray pixel in the bottom right corner of the Documents icon. The inner corners of the "P" in "Pictures" looks particularly bad compared to the same on the PC monitor.

Yep, the Sharp/Hisense 60" does the same thing, here it is compared to my Samsung 60". The Samsung is clean and looks good.

Anybody else, or is this just a Sharp thing?
We're you able to find a way to turn off the added pixels? I picked up a 43" Hisense from Costco and it has the same issue. Something is mucking with the image display path that can't be disabled.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot9-3-1711.50 AM-1.png
Views:	746
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	2277810  

Last edited by vidkidd; 09-04-2017 at 11:44 AM.
post #1661 of 1713 Old 09-04-2017, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidkidd View Post
We're you able to find a way to turn off the added pixels? I picked up a 43" Hisense from Costco and it has the same issue. Something is mucking with the image display path that can't be disabled.
I haven't been able to find a way. I think it needs to be corrected in the firmware. It appears to be some kind of anti-aliasing. I tried mentioning it to their service email address, but just got a form-letter response and nothing after I replied that I think it's a firmware issue. There is a Hisense employee on the forum who I tried PMing, but they never replied to the PM.

Shawn
post #1662 of 1713 Old 09-05-2017, 07:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
I've kicked the tires on the 437HC update that's mia with hopes of disabling the sub-pixel chroma aliasing. My set's firmware is version 1.00a, reporting a 55" television in the edid. I think we may be a tad bit overdue for an update.

While sub-pixel chroma aliasing greatly enhances color rendering of video / film / games / etc by smoothing the image with added blending pixels, it's implementation adds unwanted detail to fonts, challenging readability based on color combinations. A method to deactivate it would be a boon for users, further enhancing the value of the Hisense products and it's desirability by the community.
post #1663 of 1713 Old 09-06-2017, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hisense 55h8c (+?) help

Does anybody know why the dot by dot aspect ratio would be greyed out?

And it's quite cumbersome to search through 56 pages of dialogue so apologies if it has been asked but does the included amazon app support hdr? When checking "signal diagnosis" and playing an UHD movie HDR says , "no."

Also, I'm not sure if I have the C or C+. The box it came in says 55H8C but the gui is the newer one.
post #1664 of 1713 Old 09-12-2017, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have a 43H7C and can't seem to stream UHD movies through the VUDU app. Is anyone able to do that?

UPDATE:. A really nice CSR on Facebook looked into it for me and said the current app doesn't do 4k, but the R&D department is working on it.

Last edited by JTH182; 09-13-2017 at 03:59 PM.
post #1665 of 1713 Old 09-20-2017, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Googled this but couldn't find but I'm sure it must have been discussed here. The Amazon Prime app in the TV outputs wrong aspect ratio. Can't change in the TV settings. Works fine when streams from a Blue Ray player. What gives? Thanx
post #1666 of 1713 Old 09-21-2017, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Anybody here getting the 4k Apple TV ?
post #1667 of 1713 Old 09-23-2017, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 22
No, but I got the Roku 4 ultra that does 4k HDR and it works great with my 558HC. My 3 before was fine too and the Android media player I have also works great. The media player appears to be able to output 4k at low30fps but I don't think it supports 4k playback directly as it was just coming out when I got it. Plex works well on both players though so I usually use that and have been using the new Roku mostly seeing how it's fast and does everything these sets support.
post #1668 of 1713 Old 09-25-2017, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
New guy here... I recently picked up a 55H8C and am having some audio issues similar to what some describe above. I currently have the cable box, plugged into the TV via HDMI, then optical output from the TV to an older S4251WB4 Vizio soundbar. The Blue Ray player is hooked to the soundbar via digital coax. Below are my observations/questions:

1. Audio output settings on TV. The soundbar does not support DD+ which is what I believe Netflix outputs, so if the audio out is set to "RAW", I get a brutal static from the soundbar. Which makes sense since the bar does not support it. "RAW" appears to work with other built in apps (Amazon, youtube, etc.) as well as the cable box so I am led to believe those output regular DD.

2. If I set the audio output to "DD", does the TV convert the Netflix DD+ to DD prior to passing it through to the soundbar?

3. With the "DD" setting, I can go a few days with no audio sync issues, however, all of a sudden the sync will be terrible. TV lip sync/picture delay settings do nothing to correct the problem nor does turning the TV on/off. If I go to the settings and switch output away from "DD" then back, I will be OK again for a few days until it comes back.

4. If I set the audio output to "PCM", I never get any sound sync issues but obviously only get "pseudo" 5.1 from the soundbar.

I called Hisense on the sync issue, and the lady had me change "Audio Out" from "Fixed" to "Variable", but I am not convinced it accomplished anything. She said to call back if it happened again, but I haven't had a chance to yet. The TV speakers are set to "off". I have also tried to play with the Hisense "True Surround" and "True Volume" settings and either seem to have an affect on the issues. Since I am using a soundbar, those should probably be "off" anyway right?

Any input on your experience would be great!
post #1669 of 1713 Old 09-25-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
I bought a 50H8C about a week ago and thanks to this thread found some great setting for calibrating. However I am having tons of issues with audio though. I am running both DirecTV receiver and a Mi Box to the TV and audio sync is way off and it is never consistent. I am connecting both to the TV with HDMI and pushing audio out to a Vizio soundbar via optical. Any suggestions? When I via the apps built in on the TV audio is fine.
What soundbar and what TV settings are you using? I have similar issues, however, they are using the built in apps. See my post above.
post #1670 of 1713 Old 09-29-2017, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 27
2016 Hisense H8C, H5C, H4C and H3C Entry Level series

Got another software update today. My 65H8C+ is now on version V0000.01.00a.H0818.

No idea what it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #1671 of 1713 Old 09-30-2017, 04:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I haven't even got the update that was before this one, lol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrippe View Post
Got another software update today. My 65H8C+ is now on version V0000.01.00a.H0818.

No idea what it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #1672 of 1713 Old 10-03-2017, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hdr

Hi, all. Got my tv a week or two ago refurbed from walmart. Took til now to read through the thread(phew). I am still unclear on whether HDR is working. I know the builtin youtube and amazon wont do hdr iirc. I downloaded videos with HDR and didnt notice anything shocking. Maybe I need to do a side by side comparision. I should be recieving my PS4 Pro today so I can test with that. I assume the PS4 Amazon/Youtube will do HDR at this point, yea?

For HDR(and most the time) I have backlight at 100. Has anyone been doing this for extended periods of time? With refurb I only got 3 months of warranty and don't want to burnout the TV but DO want to put it through its paces before BF... at which point i may exchange if I see a better deal.

UPDATE:
The top-left 1/4(?) of the screen goes black for a split second periodically. Hard to catch but it looks like a quarter of the sceen goes dark while watching a movie. I was watching Passengers 4k from USB but I think this happens on any input. This was from walmart refurb. Anyone know if Walmart does advanced exchanges or if I have to send it in and wait?

Last edited by dc2royce; 10-04-2017 at 09:19 AM.
post #1673 of 1713 Old 10-05-2017, 07:45 AM

I was messing around with HDR some yesterday with the youtube app on the TV. I just did a search for "4k HDR" and tried a few videos and played with the picture modes. I noticed that with one of the videos, instead of the picture modes just being "Standard", "Vivid", etc., the were "Standard HDR", "Vivid HDR" etc., so I assume that means the TV was displaying HDR.

I am using a Harmony remote with "Watch TV" and "Watch Smart TV" functions. In regards to my sound issue, I did some more investigating (still need to do more tests), if I go from Watch TV (cable box (HDMI 1) and Optical straight to soundbar (from cable box)), and switch to Watch Smart TV (again, optical straight to soundbar but this time from TV optical out), I experience the sound delay on all the apps (NETFLIX, Youtube, Amazon). Settings going from "DD" to "off" back to "DD" solves the issue until I do the same TV to Smart TV again.

What I want to test tonight is if it may be something caused by my Harmony remote. I want to be "Watching TV", and just use the factory remote to then go to apps and test the sound and see if it still happens. I am wondering if the problem may be caused by the switching functions of the Harmony remote.

My calls to Hisense yielded them wanting to set up an appointment with a local repair shop that they contract for warranty work. I haven't contacted them yet, but I am more convinced this is a software issue and not a hardware issue. Part of the reason I haven't called them is also because I want to do more testing to try and narrow the problem.
post #1674 of 1713 Old 10-05-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06GMC5.3L View Post
I was messing around with HDR some yesterday with the youtube app on the TV. I just did a search for "4k HDR" and tried a few videos and played with the picture modes. I noticed that with one of the videos, instead of the picture modes just being "Standard", "Vivid", etc., the were "Standard HDR", "Vivid HDR" etc., so I assume that means the TV was displaying HDR.

I am using a Harmony remote with "Watch TV" and "Watch Smart TV" functions. In regards to my sound issue, I did some more investigating (still need to do more tests), if I go from Watch TV (cable box (HDMI 1) and Optical straight to soundbar (from cable box)), and switch to Watch Smart TV (again, optical straight to soundbar but this time from TV optical out), I experience the sound delay on all the apps (NETFLIX, Youtube, Amazon). Settings going from "DD" to "off" back to "DD" solves the issue until I do the same TV to Smart TV again.

What I want to test tonight is if it may be something caused by my Harmony remote. I want to be "Watching TV", and just use the factory remote to then go to apps and test the sound and see if it still happens. I am wondering if the problem may be caused by the switching functions of the Harmony remote.

My calls to Hisense yielded them wanting to set up an appointment with a local repair shop that they contract for warranty work. I haven't contacted them yet, but I am more convinced this is a software issue and not a hardware issue. Part of the reason I haven't called them is also because I want to do more testing to try and narrow the problem.
which model do you have. I have the 50H8C and it doesnt show those picture options for HDR.
post #1675 of 1713 Old 10-06-2017, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2royce View Post
which model do you have. I have the 50H8C and it doesnt show those picture options for HDR.

This was on the 55H8C. I have no other HDR source options other than the built in youtube app, but like I said, in watching this particular video and I went to the "Picture Mode" settings, each setting had "HDR" in it.

Interestingly enough, as far as my sound sync issues, I tried switching from "Watch TV" to the smart TV functions by using the factory remote, and I did not see any sync issues. At first glance, it seems there is something between the switching of activities on the Harmony remote that is causing this.
post #1676 of 1713 Old 10-06-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
This was on the 55H8C. I have no other HDR source options other than the built in youtube app, but like I said, in watching this particular video and I went to the "Picture Mode" settings, each setting had "HDR" in it.

Interestingly enough, as far as my sound sync issues, I tried switching from "Watch TV" to the smart TV functions by using the factory remote, and I did not see any sync issues. At first glance, it seems there is something between the switching of activities on the Harmony remote that is causing this.
Oh OK. I thought only the Euro models had separate HDR Picture modes. Maybe its the 55 inch model that has it then. I got my PS4 pro hooked up yesterday and turned on HDR in Imfamous: First Son. Couldve sworn it just had the regular picture modes availbale.
post #1677 of 1713 Old 10-06-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2royce View Post
Oh OK. I thought only the Euro models had separate HDR Picture modes. Maybe its the 55 inch model that has it then. I got my PS4 pro hooked up yesterday and turned on HDR in Imfamous: First Son. Couldve sworn it just had the regular picture modes availbale.

Weird.

The picture modes were the same, they just said "HDR" after them.
post #1678 of 1713 Old 10-06-2017, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
New to the forum. I've had a US 55H8 for a few months now. I purchased a apple 4k Tv and wanted to optimize its use. I figured out the netflix app didn't support HDR on the TV. Was hoping the netflix app on the apple tv 4k would work, but its not showing HDR, just ultra HD 4k.
post #1679 of 1713 Old 10-06-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:

I have a 55H8C in the US, Never seen a HDR option in any settings. I saw on youtube that there was a update that could be installed via a USB. I could never find out its build number. If that what is needed t enable HDR. I do have the option already for enhanced HDMI 2.0.
post #1680 of 1713 Old 10-07-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:

I just tried that on my TV. Which is a 55H8C. What firmware do you have? Mine doesn't show HDR at all. I can't get anything over 30fps either through youtube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page