2016 Hisense H8C, H5C, H4C and H3C Entry Level series - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 204Likes

post #1 of 1667 Old 05-22-2016, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 84
2016 Hisense H8C, H5C, H4C and H3C Entry Level series

HDGURU May 19th, 2016

"High Value 2016 Hisense LED TV Lines Now In Stores"

"Hisense said Thursday that its celebrated high-value H8 series of 4K Ultra HD LED TVs with high dynamic range (HDR) support is now available at leading retailers around the country along with its H5 series HD Smart TVs and H3 series of HD and Full HD LED TVs.

The company also revealed four models for 2016 in its enhanced H4 series LED Roku TVs are also available at retail today.

Hisense said the H8 series models are equipped with “HDR Processing, which assures the television is capable of displaying any subsequent HDR content providers may create.

High Value 2016 Hisense LED TV Lines Now In Stores
May 19th, 2016 · No Comments · 2160p, Amazon, Connected TVs, Full Array LED Backlit with Local Dimming, Full HD 1080p, HDMI, HDR, LCD Flat Panel, LED LCD Flat Panels, News, Streaming Services, UHDTV Hisense H8

The processing system is said to employ “proprietary algorithms” to remap luminance and color information to the capabilities of the display, producing a picture with increased color accuracy and realism. The TVs are said to be able to accept HDR content “and render enhanced dynamic range in 1.07 billion colors,” but they do not carry the Ultra HD Premium logo certification.

Read more on Hisense’s 2016 TV model roll outs after the jump:

The Hisense H8 Series, which includes models in the 50- and 55-inch screen sizes, will recognize content carrying HDR10 format metadata via USB or HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 ports.

The H8 series models include “multi-zone” full-array LED backlighting with local dimming technology to enhance contrast and black level performance."

Most models in these mid- and lower-end series are believed to feature LED panels with native 60 Hz refresh rates, but Hisense compensates for motion artifacts using its proprietary motion estimation and compensation (MEMC) algorithms, called UltraSmooth Motion to create and insert frames into the picture, enabling smoother transitions for the viewer. In addition, UltraSmooth Motion incorporates backlight flashing control technology to create the appearance of smoother fast action images to the eye.

Access to the best apps and seamless connectivity are made possible with Hisense’s proprietary smart platform with a new user interface for 2016. The intuitive user interface was developed exclusively for the U.S. market in Hisense’s R&D lab in Atlanta, GA and features built-in Wi-Fi for 4K UHD from streaming sources such as Netflix, Amazon and YouTube.

The H8 series TVs and all Hisense 2016 4K Ultra HDTVs include an industry leading 4-year customer warranty, Hisense said. Customers must register the TV’s serial numbers with Hisense within 90 days of purchase in order to qualify for the final two years of the warranty program.

Hisense continues to support Full HD LED TVs this year in several model series, including the H5 with Smart TV operation. The H5 series models are available in 32-, 40-, 43-, 50- and 55-inch screen sizes.

New Hisense H4 series Roku TVs this year are available in 32-, 40-, 48- and 50-inch screen sizes. All incorporate the Roku OS with more than 3,000 apps, custom home screen, and Roku Search and Roku Feed functions that steer to viewers favorite titles at the lowest available pay per view or subscription prices. A Roku Mobile App for iOS and Android devices also allows search for content by voice command as well as operating the TV or streaming photos, personal videos, music, etc from the mobile device to the TV screen.

For those who prefer to get their apps and streaming from outboard devices, the Hisense H3 series offers Full HD resolution with Ultra Dynamic Contrast in the 20-, 32- and 40-inch screen sizes.

Hisense H8 Series Entry Level 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TVs:

The Hisense H8 Series models (the 55-inch is pictured at top) include the following key features: HDR processing; multi-zone local dimming; built-in apps, web browser and app store; Ultra Smooth Motion backlight flashing and black frame insertion motion compensation; UHD upscaling; dbx-tv sound; 4K media player, four-year warranty and dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi.

Models include: the 50-inch 50H8C ($599.99 suggested retail) and the 55-inch 55H8C ($699.99 suggested retail).

The Hisense H5 Series Full HD 1080p and HD 720p LED Smart TVs:

The Hisense H5 Series models include the following key features: built-in apps, web browser and app store; Ultra Smooth Motion in the 43-, 50- and 55-inch models; dbx-tv sound; media player and receiver, built-in Wi-Fi.

Models include: the 55-inch 55H5C ($499.95 suggested retail); the 50-inch 50H5C ($399.99 suggested retail); the 43-inch 43H5C ($329.99 suggested retail); the 40-inch 40H5C ($279.99 suggested retail) and the 32-inch 32H5C ($199.99 suggested retail).

The Hisense H4 Series Full HD 1080 and HD 720p LED Roku TVs:

The Hisense H4 Series Roku TV models include the following key features: access to 3,000+ streaming apps; universal search, and voice search via Roku iOS or Android mobile device app built-in Wi-Fi.

Models include: the 50-inch 50H4C ($429.95 suggested retail); the 48-inch 48H4C ($399.99 suggested retail); the 40-inch 40H4C1 ($299.99 suggested retail) and the 32-inch 32H4C ($199.99 suggested retail).

The Hisense H3 Series Full HD 1080 and HD 720p LED TVs:

The Hisense H3 Series Full HD 1080p and HD 720p models include the following key features: Audio Return Channel support; USB media player.

Models include: the 40-inch 40H3C ($249.95 suggested retail); the 32-inch 32H3FC ($179.99 suggested retail); the 32-inch 32H3B1 ($149.99 suggested retail) and the 20-inch 20H3C ($99.99 suggested retail)."

NOTE:
Hisense at 2016 CES didn't list the H8C with FALD (Full Array Local Dimming ) so I wonder if the HDGURU article is correct.

NOTE 2
The underline in the article about the 4 years warranty is my edit
EscapeVelocity and vulsker like this.

Last edited by Heinz68; 06-01-2016 at 09:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1667 Old 05-22-2016, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 204
I would love to see some reviews on these TV sets..
mpgxsvcd likes this.
post #3 of 1667 Old 05-23-2016, 08:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenex View Post
I would love to see some reviews on these TV sets..
Me too.

post #4 of 1667 Old 05-23-2016, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2104 Post(s)
Liked: 1519
From what I read the 65H9C, 65H10C and the flat 8K MU9800 (65H11C?) are the only true FALDs. The rest are edge lit, edge-lit with local dimming, or in cases of the larger ones. Full array but with "multi-zone" edge dimming.
post #5 of 1667 Old 05-26-2016, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
From what I read the 65H9C, 65H10C and the flat 8K MU9800 (65H11C?) are the only true FALDs. The rest are edge lit, edge-lit with local dimming, or in cases of the larger ones. Full array but with "multi-zone" edge dimming.
I read the same based on Hisense line up announced at 2016 CES but many web sites same as HDGURU in the OP are listing the H8C model as FALD probably they copied the same source I wonder if it was from Hisense.

In March Hisence announced 2016 entry level TV's in Australia plus the entry level ULED M7000 model and none have FALD, LINK

Hisense Germany listed this month the Euro versions of Hisence 2016 entry levels TV's it also includes the ULED M7000 plus the 75" M7900 model, LINK

The M7000 by description doesn't fit anywhere in the Hisense line up announced on January 2016 CES model listings. LINK

I wonder when we will get the first 2016 ULED model.
Hisense-USA is still not listing any 2016 models at the web site
post #6 of 1667 Old 05-31-2016, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Some 2016 models already in stores

Best Buy is listing the 4K 50H8C and 43H7C
Walmart is listing the 1080p 55H5C and 50H5C

Hisense-USA still didn't update the home page with 2016 TV's listings
post #7 of 1667 Old 05-31-2016, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Too bad they didnt include Dolby Vision ...
post #8 of 1667 Old 06-02-2016, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 130
I bought the H8C from Bestbuy last night. I only had about an hour to play with it. I'll paste what I posted in another forum here:

The good:
  • The picture this throws out is amazing. I was floored by how good it looks running 4k from netflix.
  • I didn't do extensive testing but the viewing angles were very impressive.
  • The 4 year warranty. For those asking, yes it has 4 year warranty. It has a giant emblem on the box verifying so, and during the setup wizard it has you register to activate it.
  • I was pretty impressed by the speakers, compared to other flat screens I've seen. It was getting too loud at 1/8 the volume level.
  • The menus are intuitive and snappy.

The bad:
  • Of the built-in apps, only netflix and youtube offer 4k content.
  • As near as I can tell, there is no built in app that will do HDR (this is a big deal to me, as half the reason I bought this was to avoid having to buy an external media player to do HDR). I understand that marco polo is the only netflix HDR show right now, and it's POSSIBLE that it's doing HDR but it doesn't have the HDR emblem on it's page in the UI.
  • The menus seemed a bit bare bones. For example, I couldn't find a way to display any information about the video currently on screen.

No HDR from Netflix, Amazon, or Vudu could be a dealbreaker for me. That was the entire reason I went with this TV over others - to save me having to buy a Roku 4 etc. I understand this tv is brand new and I will try to contact Hisense to see if they intend to update their apps to support HDR. I don't even have TV on it, it was going to be used entirely for apps and video games.
jrstinkfish and aburwell213 like this.
post #9 of 1667 Old 06-07-2016, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustbucket View Post
I bought the H8C from Bestbuy last night. I only had about an hour to play with it. I'll paste what I posted in another forum here:

The good:
  • The picture this throws out is amazing. I was floored by how good it looks running 4k from netflix.
  • The 4 year warranty. For those asking, yes it has 4 year warranty. It has a giant emblem on the box verifying so, and during the setup wizard it has you register to activate it.
  • I was pretty impressed by the speakers, compared to other flat screens I've seen. It was getting too loud at 1/8 the volume level.

The bad:
  • As near as I can tell, there is no built in app that will do HDR (this is a big deal to me, as half the reason I bought this was to avoid having to buy an external media player to do HDR). I understand that marco polo is the only netflix HDR show right now, and it's POSSIBLE that it's doing HDR but it doesn't have the HDR emblem on it's page in the UI.
  • The menus seemed a bit bare bones. For example, I couldn't find a way to display any information about the video currently on screen.

No HDR from Netflix, Amazon, or Vudu could be a dealbreaker for me. That was the entire reason I went with this TV over others - to save me having to buy a Roku 4 etc. I understand this tv is brand new and I will try to contact Hisense to see if they intend to update their apps to support HDR. I don't even have TV on it, it was going to be used entirely for apps and video games.
Any news about the HDR from Hisense. I don't think you can get any external player to play the HDR if the TV doesn't support it.

I believe it has some HDR, all the news articles described it as such but they also claimed it has FALD that one I have harder time to believe, can you also check on that, maybe something on the box or in the manual.

Hisense USA still doesn't list any 2016 TV models on the home page;
post #10 of 1667 Old 06-07-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:

The good:

The bad:

Hard to beat for the $500 price, but it is still an edge-lit set with limited HDR ability. For $200-300 more the new Vizio M offers true FALD with greater brightness and a tablet remote and DolbyVision, but no tuner.
post #11 of 1667 Old 06-08-2016, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hard to beat for the $500 price, but it is still an edge-lit set with limited HDR ability. For $200-300 more the new Vizio M offers true FALD with greater brightness and a tablet remote and DolbyVision, but no tuner.
What makes you say it's edge lit?

The Hisense press release quoted in the first post says:
Quote:
The H8 series models include “multi-zone” full-array LED backlighting with local dimming technology to enhance contrast and black level performance."
Now, looking at your signature, and depending on where you got your information, I guess they can expect a class action lawsuit?

Quote:
I believe it has some HDR, all the news articles described it as such but they also claimed it has FALD that one I have harder time to believe, can you also check on that, maybe something on the box or in the manual.
The news articles say that it has FALD and HDR because that's what Hisense's press release says. The box and the manual only ever refer to "multi-zone local dimming." But the manual is extremely bare bones anyway.

Last edited by thrustbucket; 06-08-2016 at 08:00 AM.
post #12 of 1667 Old 06-08-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:

Now, looking at your signature, and depending on where you got your information, I guess they can expect a class action lawsuit?

The news articles say that it has FALD and HDR because that's what Hisense's press release says. The box and the manual only ever refer to "multi-zone local dimming." But the manual is extremely bare bones anyway.
I'm never wong. Full array with "multi-zone" local edge dimming is not the same as Full Array full field local dimming. Samsung used the same confusing crap with their "micro" dimming.
leftyguitar1963 likes this.
post #13 of 1667 Old 06-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'm never wong. Full array with "multi-zone" local edge dimming is not the same as Full Array full field local dimming. Samsung used the same confusing crap with their "micro" dimming.
Where are you reading the word "edge?" Where do you see proof that it's edge lit? Or are you just assuming based on price and wording?
post #14 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Where are you reading the word "edge?" Where do you see proof that it's edge lit? Or are you just assuming based on price and wording?
There isn't going to be any lawsuit, the first post isn't Hisense press release in fact the TV's listed in the OP are still not listed on Hisense-USA or Hisense-Canada home page.

The only Hisense press release about the 2016 models was in Jan 6th CES which I included in the OP note when I questioned if HDGURU is right about the FALD, off course that press release could change before the official product release.

Anyway listen to sytech he is never wong The Hisense 50H8C is listed on Amazon and here is the copy from the specs:
"* HDR Processing local playback(USB)"
"Multi-zone Local Dimming"

Than further down the page they describe it "Multizone Local Dimming & Full Array Backlight" which could be little misleading but nowhere it says FALD (Full Array Local Dimming).

I believe it is either edge lit or direct lit but the dimming is not done by LED back -light but it's something like micro-dimming Samsung and Philips is using, they just call it different names.

Anyway you can test it yourself by counting the zones
post #15 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68 View Post
There isn't going to be any lawsuit, the first post isn't Hisense press release in fact the TV's listed in the OP are still not listed on Hisense-USA or Hisense-Canada home page.
I get what you are saying. I'm well aware that their website is sorely lacking. I've been in contact with their support through email and the only responses I get mostly say "wait for stuff to come to the website." (Although some Hisense representative is responding to Best Buy QA and reviews saying it is FALD among other things, but that doesn't really prove anything)

But look at articles like this: http://hometheaterreview.com/hisense...hip-h8-uhd-tv/ I've seen the text in that article repeated on other sites.

Quote:
details are provided in the press release below.
From Hisense...

The H8 series features multi-zone Full Array Local Dimming for enhanced contrast, allowing increased brightness and more pronounced black and white levels.
I'm not sure how trustworthy hometheaterreview.com is, but they are claiming that's a PR from hisense.

The jury is still out, as far as I'm concerned. I'll try to run the test you posted when I get home from work today, although I'm not sure how to tell if the results prove it's FALD or not.

Last edited by thrustbucket; 06-09-2016 at 08:25 AM.
post #16 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Hisense H8C

Hey guys so I just spoke with an agent with Hisense about the HDR feature they said that unlike Samsung showing the HDR emblem on netflix like marco polo there tv will not show the emblem but will adjust the color spectrum and black levels accordingly depending on the show or input thats given. And on the topic of backlighting and zones they are saying that the H8C screens are Full array backlit and the local dimming zones is dependent on the film meaning the screen has a Full array backlit that can be turned down or up as you can see when using this feature instead of brightness or contrast adjusting, the entire screen will brighten up to a overwhelming degree of brightness. I myself only have mine set at 60 during the day and 50 at night and its crazy bright. Local Dimming feature on this set is auto adjusting the contrast of the film which does work by my testing so far in a dimmly lit room
post #17 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapormodel View Post
Hey guys so I just spoke with an agent with Hisense about the HDR feature they said that unlike Samsung showing the HDR emblem on netflix like marco polo there tv will not show the emblem but will adjust the color spectrum and black levels accordingly depending on the show or input thats given. And on the topic of backlighting and zones they are saying that the H8C screens are Full array backlit and the local dimming zones is dependent on the film meaning the screen has a Full array backlit that can be turned down or up as you can see when using this feature instead of brightness or contrast adjusting, the entire screen will brighten up to a overwhelming degree of brightness. I myself only have mine set at 60 during the day and 50 at night and its crazy bright. Local Dimming feature on this set is auto adjusting the contrast of the film which does work by my testing so far in a dimmly lit room
I also have calibrated my H8C in detail as well if anyone needs the specs
post #18 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes. I'm very interested. I have one as well, but I haven't calibrated, nor do I really know how.

I wonder who you spoke with and how much do they know? Man Hisense needs to get it's information sharing act together. But I tell you one thing. This tv puts out an incredible picture for the money. Even on 1080p content, the bright parts of the picture can get really damn bright vs really dark but still with detail. I'm super impressed. Did he happen to mention if it's 4:4:4 chroma?

So basically what he is saying is that Marco Polo on netflix is still sending HDR signals that the tv understands? That would explain why Marco Polo looks a good deal better than other 4k content. But I thought the HDR tag had to pop up on the netflix app to indicate the netflix app itself knew what the hell to do with the HDR metadata. I could be wrong.
post #19 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 10:33 AM

I know the previous model H7 2015 was 444 but haven't check for this model but I'm sure it is since all other specs are better on this model. Check out this page its really a great Read on Hisense HDMI 2.0, HDR and 444 google 4K Displays for HTPCs: A Consumer Checklist its the first link

Yeah the Netflix thing I had issues with talking to the Rep but thats what 2 of them said after speaking to there Sup. I agreee when watching some of the HDR vids on NF it definitely looks better so probably is HDR not that I wouldn't be happier seeing the Symbol though.

I'll send the specs in a bit try to put them in a single page since I am including the Color Tuner specs and theres a few differences

I watched Lucy (Scarlet Johansen) last night after changes were made in HD from my cable box on Starz not even a blu ray and it was night and day from before. You should check this movie out for Colors and Contrasts its really good film to Calibrate from. Before I was getting allot of Red and Blues Burning but the changes are crazy.
post #20 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I just installed my 50H8c 2 days ago and am very impressed. Looking at the picture, I don't see how it could be edge lit, it is most certainly backlit from what I can see.
Quote:
I am very interested in your calibration. I currently have my brightness at 40, contrast at 50, and saturation at 50. Sharpness is 0. Anything more than 5 looked way too noisy for me.
post #21 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I get what you are saying. I'm well aware that their website is sorely lacking. I've been in contact with their support through email and the only responses I get mostly say "wait for stuff to come to the website." (Although some Hisense representative is responding to Best Buy QA and reviews saying it is FALD among other things, but that doesn't really prove anything)

But look at articles like this: http://hometheaterreview.com/hisense...hip-h8-uhd-tv/ I've seen the text in that article repeated on other sites.

I'm not sure how trustworthy hometheaterreview.com is, but they are claiming that's a PR from hisense.

The jury is still out, as far as I'm concerned. I'll try to run the test you posted when I get home from work today, although I'm not sure how to tell if the results prove it's FALD or not.
I know there are many sites describing it having FALD (Full Array Local Dimming), but many sites are just copying same source without ever talking to Hisense. I mean there are many sites publishing full TV's reviews without ever having the TV to test.

Anyway maybe the test I posted will clear the info, also I checked the specs on the link you posted
"Hisense H8 Series Full Specs:
• HDR Processing
• Multi-zone Local Dimming "

I mean no FALD or full HDR support same as the official Hisense press release at 2016 CES, and I know a lot could have change since than.
post #22 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Welcome to AVS Forum. I think you are getting little confused about the local dimming subject. The argument never was if it has any local dimming qt all, the question is if it has FALD (Full Array Local Dimming), you should Google that or at least read this short description about FALD or other forms of local dimming at RTINGS.

About the HDR, you should ask the Hisense agent you talked with why is the 50H8C listed on Amazon with only "* HDR Processing local playback(USB)" also why isn't any Hisence model listed by Netflix with HDR support.

NEtflix Q&A

*Which TV's support streaming Netflix in HDR?
Netflix is available in HDR on supported devices from:
* LG
* Panasonic
* Samsung
* Sharp
* Sony
* Toshiba
post #23 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
About the HDR, you should ask the Hisense agent you talked with why is the 50H8C listed on Amazon with only "* HDR Processing local playback(USB)" also why isn't any Hisence model listed by Netflix with HDR support.
Yeah I saw that as well. There is just too much unknown. Do we know if Netflix has completely different encodes for HDR (currently Marco Polo)? Or is HDR essentially just metadata riding on top of the 4k stream that either gets read or ignored by the display? If it's the latter then the HDR tag that shows up in the app may be unimportant.

I would love to know if specific code has to be written inside a netflix app in order for it to display and interpret HDR, or if any 4k encodes could have it.
post #24 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 03:48 PM

Ok guys so I just received a call back from a Hisense tech which btw they are really good at once you have a case number if someone through customer service can't answer your questions the tech that calls sure does.. I asked about HDR he said as of now until theres an update, HDR signals will only be available through a seperate device such as roku or blu ray player and HDR blu rays with the symbol. Not streamed but if you watch marco polo it definitely looks a deal better streamed than any other film on netflix so maybe he's off. LOL

I also asked about USB thumbdrives since my 128 gig thumb wouldn't recognize but when I through some blu rays on a 32gig thumb it recognized and played beautifully so nothing about 32 gig in that regard. And make sure when changing inputs you dial in your color specs because they do change depending on your input but once set for each they never Change unless you manually change them. Also make sure its used in the 3.0 Slot *bottom blue slot

Ok Here are MY Specs for the H8C. I went 2 different routes
You can Save these to your phone or write them down but you'll be thanking me later once you see the Results for both..
Ward216 likes this.
post #25 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Ok guys so I just received a call back from a Hisense tech which btw they are really good at once you have a case number if someone through customer service can't answer your questions the tech that calls sure does.. I asked about HDR he said as of now until theres an update, HDR signals will only be available through a seperate device such as roku or blu ray player and HDR blu rays with the symbol. Not streamed but if you watch marco polo it definitely looks a deal better streamed than any other film on netflix so maybe he's off. LOL
Did he indicate they planned to update the apps to have HDR?

Quote:
Ok Here are MY Specs for the H8C. I went 2 different routes
You can Save these to your phone or write them down but you'll be thanking me later once you see the Results for both..
I don't see them. Is it an attachment of some kind?
post #26 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 04:23 PM

Write yours down first so you can always go back but this helps allot

First Calibration Anything left off is zero Might be a little Red in faces for you but you can always turn down Flesh tone or play with your White Balance Red Gains and Offset + or - 1 or 2

Picture: Theater
Bright: 45
Con: 45
Col: 48
I leave backlight at 60 day 50 night but up to you I like it bright Local Dim On
Overscan Off
Tint: 0
Sharp: 3-4
Ultra Smooth - Noise - Adaptive Con = OFF
Color Temp Standard
White Balance as follows
R- offset 3
R Gain -3
B Gain 1
Color Tuner
Red 0
Green Sat -1 Bright 9
Blue
Hue -4 Sat -2
Yellow
Hue 1 Sat -2 Bright 1
Cyan
Hue -1 Sat -1 Bright 1
Magenta
Hue -1 Sat -2
Flesh Tone
Sat -3

Start with this first I do have another one a little different for Standard Picture
post #27 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Write yours down first so you can always go back but this helps allot

First Calibration Anything left off is zero Might be a little Red in faces for you but you can always turn down Flesh tone or play with your White Balance Red Gains and Offset + or - 1 or 2

Picture: Theater
Bright: 45
Con: 45
Col: 48
I leave backlight at 60 day 50 night but up to you I like it bright Local Dim On
Overscan Off
Tint: 0
Sharp: 3-4
Ultra Smooth - Noise - Adaptive Con = OFF
Color Temp Standard
White Balance as follows
R- offset 3
R Gain -3
B Gain 1
Color Tuner
Red 0
Green Sat -1 Bright 9
Blue
Hue -4 Sat -2
Yellow
Hue 1 Sat -2 Bright 1
Cyan
Hue -1 Sat -1 Bright 1
Magenta
Hue -1 Sat -2
Flesh Tone
Sat -3

Start with this first I do have another one a little different for Standard Picture
Make sure your watching something after the corrections at is fullest capabilities not necessarily just an HD cable channel try some movies or CNN for colors some of the current films that are on now are great in HD 5.1 and some are trash like LUCY and All the Way is great showing off spectrum but Transformers on HBO currently in HD not the greatest but the blu ray transformers is quite amazing all with the same specs as above
post #28 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Make sure your watching something after the corrections at is fullest capabilities not necessarily just an HD cable channel try some movies or CNN for colors some of the current films that are on now are great in HD 5.1 and some are trash like LUCY and All the Way is great showing off spectrum but Transformers on HBO currently in HD not the greatest but the blu ray transformers is quite amazing all with the same specs as above
Make sure if you change your specs and go to Apps it will go back to what you had before but once its changed in apps or whatever your other inputs are it will Stay there
But with these specs the youtube in 4k pretty crazy other local channels can't hold a candle
post #29 of 1667 Old 06-09-2016, 07:20 PM

The tech also mentioned the new 2016 models all have 4.4.4. chroma and that the HDR will have a future update to stream HDR films using the HDMI 2.0 input adding the (a) to the 2.0a making it capable for streaming but for now using an external local usb or HDMI source is the only way to show this. Samsung is also doing this for there entire 2015 line of UHD tv's
post #30 of 1667 Old 06-10-2016, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Anyway you can test it yourself by counting the zones AVS LED-lit LCD TV Local Dimming Zone Counter
So I played with this last night. As well as the one from the other web site. I was never really clear on what to do. I never saw any change in brightness behind the moving square, even with contrast all the way up. Maybe I'm blind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page