AVS Forum banner

Vizio E-series owners.

23K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  JoeTiVo 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I snatched a E60u-D3. Wondering everyone's thoughts and if they have some good settings.

FIOS TV is hit or miss depending on whats on. Red Sox game looked great but other channels didn't look as good. I am guessing this is due to the channels being a lower resolution and Vizio not doing well with 720p/1080i video.

PS4 looks nice but if you are too close things are kind of blocky. I am guessing this would be the same with any larger TV as well.

#2 ·
We just picked up the little brother E40-D0. We have DirecTV and when the feed is high quality it's a fantastic picture.

I started with the Standard and set gamma at 2.1 and colors to cool and tweaked to my liking. Still in that process but I just eyeballed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I ended up paying like $1,000 for the 60 inch. I had a BB gift card burning my wallet I wanted to use up. I would say for a couple hundred more the P probably is worth it. I will get around to test some streaming and such of netflix and some plex sources and see how everything looks. Pairing the TV with my phone was pretty simple process.

#5 ·
Hello, my first post here :)

I just recently purchased an 70" 4K E-series and love it! I had previously owned a 60" plasma but it was getting old and I wanted a bigger TV, lol. Anyway, I am not sure how to best calibrate this thing. I see on the message boards here and on some review sites lots of calibration setting for the P and M series, but nothing for the E-series. Would it be okay to try and just use the settings others have posted on those series of TVs? Or would it be different and effect the E-series TVs in a different way?

So far I am using Calibrated, but made a few tweaks. For instance I turned on "game mode" because I watch TV and Netflix thru the PS4 etc and play games often. (I know, NETFLIX and Amazon Prime Video 4K support doesnt work on PS4, one day soon I hope to get a Fire TV 4K box to solve that issue). I also turned off just about everything else, meaning no "Active LED zone" no "reduce judder, motion blur, clear action" etc. Am I missing something by having those off? I noticed that when Active LED was on, the blacks looked nicer especially during dark scenes, but for some reason it was always adjusting on screen, going from lighter to darker in stages while a scene was playing, which was really annoying to me. It stopped doing that as soon as I turned off Active LED.

Another question on something I don't understand. The streaming apps from the tablet/phone to the TV... I purchased the TV because I thought the apps were built in like most all other TVs, but they actually stream from the iOS etc devices, which is fine. But, it sorta sucks in that there is no way to stream 4K Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Youtube content via those apps because those apps dont have a 4K/UHD option on the phone/tablets. It would have been nice to have Netflix etc still built into the TV for 4K content options but now instead I need to buy an external device, like a Fire TV 4K. Or am I wrong on this?

Thanks for any feedback etc, I am not the most tech savvy person in the world when it comes to "settings". :)

#12 ·
Another quick question, what HDMI port should I have my PS4 hooked up to, or does it matter? I know port 1 is V2.0 and 2-4 is V1.4 and I assumed that port 1 was what i needed for games, but I just read a review on the P-Series and they said to use "port 5" which for that TV is the V1.4 HDMI as ports 1-4 on that model is V2.0. I'm so confused! lol

#16 ·
I'm interested in either the 55" E55-D0 or 50" E50-D1. I want to stick with 1080 for now since the only programming for DISH that is 4K is some video on demand. It will probably be a few years until providers send 4K content and I don't do have DVDs or Blu-ray. Also, streaming things like Youtube on 1080 works fine for me and in a couple of years, 4K sets will cost less.

If anyone has either of these 2 sets, I would like to see your comments on how it works. I think I will like Smartcast and would also like to hear how that works.

One question that I have regarding changing the settings on the TV itself (like contrast, brightness, etc.), does the app you download to your phone/pad have these settings?

#17 ·
SMartcast is just a built in chromecast. If you open netflix you hit the cast button in the app and select the tv and it streams to it. You can install the smartcast app to control the tv and aggregate content from other apps if you want but all it is is a chromecast.

#19 ·
You can't. All the remote can do is power, change volume and chanel, change source, closed captions, mute, and change the picture mode (standard, calibrated, etc.). If you want to fine tune the different picture or audio settings or change the picture ratio, you need the app. I have it paired over wi-fi (the "slow" option) with my phone and I've had no problem with it.

#22 ·
Smartcast E55-E1

I just purchased a Vizio E55-E1. I also learned they the "basic remote" has very few TV related control. I understand in order to have the ability to adjust the picure brightness and contrast that I must pair my iPhone to the TV with the Smartcast app. I was able to pair successfully, however I was never able to complete the process when it got to the connect to wifi step. I was told by Vizio that my router is too far away. I now have a wifi extender on order. Anyone else have this issue?

#27 ·
I'm thinking about picking up one of the E55-E1 Tv's this week and was concerned about the motion blur people have been mentioning. I liked this model because of the 4k and now HDR10 Support (and price) Have any of you that have the E55-E1 or E55-E2 noticed any decreased issues with motion blur after the new update last month?

#28 ·
New Vizio E55-E1 TV

Just received a new Vizio E55–E1 TV yesterday. Wow! I used the AVS Forum's basic calibration images with the TV in Vizio's Calibrated picture mode and the TV was right on the money. It 's amazing they can sell a TV with this performance at a reasonable price.

I was wondering about the quality of this TV at the price, but I don't wonder anymore. Watching Hulu, CBS and streaming local videos using Plex the image quality is impressive . The Chromecast feature works without a hitch and again the picture quality is great. I highly recommend this TV for anyone looking for high performance at a budget price.

#29 ·
Hey can someone help me out. I just recently purchased a Vizio E55-e2 and I use it mostly for gaming on my Xbox one. Also I have everything hooked up to my Denon AVR-X3000 and then to the Vizio via HDMI. My question is this....... If I hook directly to my Vizio the TV does not seem to upscale like it claims to do. If I hit the info button it does show that it's a 1080p picture. if I allow my Denon to do the upscaling the Vizio reports a 2160 picture but it only upscales at 30 Hertz so the picture especially for gaming is terrible and the lag is atrocious. I had a Samsung 4K around two years ago and it would upscale any source to a 2160 picture and this was just a Rent-A-Center Black Friday special Samsung from 2 years ago so I think the Vizio is atleast on par with the specs. Any ideas?

#30 ·
I have an E43u-d2 with 3.2.8.3 firmware. Does anyone have input lag info on this firmware version?

I'm using HDMI 1, which has a setting for Full UHD Color. What does this setting actually do?

Also, I read on cnet that my panel is IPS, however the blacks are deeper and look more like VA. Can anyone here confirm that this panel is VA or IPS.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.