when more IPS choices be here? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-07-2016, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
when more IPS choices be here?

Id like to buy a new 27 inch IPS panel, however i notice that the main choices right now asus and acer are having major issues right now with backlight bleed. when can we expect more choices? are acer and asus really considered quality ?

also I notice the price difference between 2k and 4k @ same model) is very small, why would someone would consider the 2k? im guessing if you only have the video card power for 2k you dont want to stray from the "naive resolution much? just a guess .

Last edited by Xerxes31; 09-07-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-07-2016, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes31 View Post
Id like to buy a new 27 inch IPS panel, however i notice that the main choices right now asus and acer are having major issues right now with backlight bleed. when can we expect more choices? are acer and asus really considered quality ?

also I notice the price difference between 2k and 4k @ same model) is very small, why would someone would consider the 2k? im guessing if you only have the video card power for 2k you dont want to stray from the "naive resolution much? just a guess .
depending how deep your pockets are .. check out EIZO they have very nice monitors with IPS panels, I was always happy with theirs (video and photo work)

http://www.eizo.com/products/flexscan/
post #3 of 6 Old 09-07-2016, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

I should of been more clear, im looking for those exact specs like + 120 refresh rate since im a gamer. it really seems like these two companys have put out a beasts, however its also clear the the quality control is poor ( from reviews) . im shocked there arent more choices since these monitors have been out for a while.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-07-2016, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes31 View Post
I should of been more clear, im looking for those exact specs like + 120 refresh rate since im a gamer. it really seems like these two companys have put out a beasts, however its also clear the the quality control is poor ( from reviews) . im shocked there arent more choices since these monitors have been out for a while.
http://www.eizo.com/products/foris/fs2735/
  • - 27" 2560 x 1440 native resolution
    - 144 Hz input + AMD FreeSync
    - IPS Panel with Ultra-Slim Design
    - Dual HDMI, single DisplayPort and DVI-D inputs

not 4K though
post #5 of 6 Old 09-07-2016, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I'm not sure its the backlight bleed (this varies from monitor to monitor, its all about luck really) that is the problem but IPS glow and that is viewing angle dependant. IPS has good viewing angles EXCEPT for the black color without a help of additional filters and you wont find them anywhere except in professional IPS displays and maybe TV's where the wide viewing angles are the only good side IPS has over VA panels. Without filters blacks tend to glow from angle and the problem is noticeably bad with these current gaming IPS panels. When you have the screen close to you as it usually is in monitor use the corners start to glow. Bigger the screen, the worse it gets. Problem can be helped by pushing the screen further away from you to reduce the angle from your eyes to the corners of the screen.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-07-2016, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

i wonder how this compares with the asus, thanks ill be looking at this one too dolby.

i dont see myself gaming in 4k for a few years would you recommind a 2K monitor or is a 4K monitor displaying games in 2k the same quality

Last edited by Xerxes31; 09-07-2016 at 11:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page