Where do you resell your TV's - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By pbz06
post #1 of 4 Old 09-28-2016, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Where do you resell your TV's

some of you enthusiasts seem to upgrade a lot (I envy you). Where do you sell your TV's after you purchase them? If you get a near flagship what do you usually get for them and how quickly can you "unload" it.

I'm considering a 65" 930D and could possibly sell in late 2017. Curious if I could get 1500 for it given that it's 2500 now? But most importantly I'm curious how people sell them

Marantz 7010 for 7.2.4
2 x Paradigm Prestige 75F's
1 x Paradigm Prestige 45C
8 x Paradigm CI Pro P65-R's
Sub 2 x Rythmik LVX12's
TV: LG 65B6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-28-2016, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 47
One thing for sure, TV's don't hold their value very well. Similar to computer parts (i.e. graphics cards).

I usually post on this forum (funny, I actually posted today), blu-ray.com, and then try craigslist. Usually for a big loss but that's the price we pay in this hobby.

The general public generally only sees 2016 vs 2014, and wouldn't want to shell out cash for a high end older model since they think the newer low end model is better.
tjcinnamon likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-01-2016, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcinnamon View Post
some of you enthusiasts seem to upgrade a lot (I envy you). Where do you sell your TV's after you purchase them? If you get a near flagship what do you usually get for them and how quickly can you "unload" it.

I'm considering a 65" 930D and could possibly sell in late 2017. Curious if I could get 1500 for it given that it's 2500 now? But most importantly I'm curious how people sell them

If you want to sell your TV for a high price you'd have to sell it right before next year's models come out because the price of 930D is going to drop drastically after that.
post #4 of 4 Unread Today, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
One thing for sure, TV's don't hold their value very well. Similar to computer parts (i.e. graphics cards).

I usually post on this forum (funny, I actually posted today), blu-ray.com, and then try craigslist. Usually for a big loss but that's the price we pay in this hobby.

The general public generally only sees 2016 vs 2014, and wouldn't want to shell out cash for a high end older model since they think the newer low end model is better.
You aren't kidding. I have a collection of older TV models from 2012-2014 and you pretty much have to give them away at this point to get rid of them.

My Sony 46HX850 I haven't watched in years I can't even get $300 for it with a soundbar. I paid $1500 back in 2012 for it. I'd almost rather just keep it as a spare than give it away.

Nobody cares outside this community how good a TV reviews for it's just a 46in TV and you can get some off-brand for a couple hundred.

I've never seen a product lose it's value faster than a used TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays