***Official*** LeEco 2016 UMax85 Owners Thread (UHD/HDR/DV) No Price Talk Please - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288Likes

post #661 of 682 Old 08-17-2017, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by willbready View Post
They will probably have to swap out the TV. I had to wait 3 months to get a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chatted in after they opened. They told me the service techs would call me to set up an appointment to swap it out in 7-10 days. I really hope it doesn't take 3 months.

It won't let me do the system update either. It keeps saying it failed to do something with the folder. >.<

Hear: Front: SVS Ultra Towers, Center: SVS Ultra Center, Sides & Rear: SVS Ultra Bookshelves, 4 Ceilings: JBL Arena 81C
See: LeEco uMax85
Think: Denon AVR-X6300H
Feel: Power Sound Audio S7201
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 682 Old 08-17-2017, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls Troyce View Post
Chatted in after they opened. They told me the service techs would call me to set up an appointment to swap it out in 7-10 days. I really hope it doesn't take 3 months.

It won't let me do the system update either. It keeps saying it failed to do something with the folder. >.<

They told me the same thing and I never received a call for 3 months. I had to call about 20 times before I got a free code to order another one. They will not ship you a new one unless you order it from their website. Then they tell the shipper to pick up the old one at the same time.

post #663 of 682 Old 08-17-2017, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
They told me the same thing and I never received a call for 3 months. I had to call about 20 times before I got a free code to order another one. They will not ship you a new one unless you order it from their website. Then they tell the shipper to pick up the old one at the same time.

After you received your replacement set, were you able to connect and system update, or did it arrive with system version 5.8.056S_0420?

I'm continuously getting "check new version failed".

post #664 of 682 Old 08-18-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:

Thanks for that info. I set a reminder to contact them the first weekday after the 10 day marker and mention your issue. If I'm not contacted within the time frame hopefully being aware that I know your plight will spur them to do the same for me.

Hear: Front: SVS Ultra Towers, Center: SVS Ultra Center, Sides & Rear: SVS Ultra Bookshelves, 4 Ceilings: JBL Arena 81C
post #665 of 682 Old 08-18-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snpanago View Post
After you received your replacement set, were you able to connect and system update, or did it arrive with system version 5.8.056S_0420?

I'm continuously getting "check new version failed".

I am not able to connect and update the set. It was sent with version 5.8.051S_1108. I keep having to turn local dimming on and off again. I also have problems with it not displaying the correct time.

post #666 of 682 Old 08-18-2017, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
I am not able to connect and update the set. It was sent with version 5.8.051S_1108. I keep having to turn local dimming on and off again. I also have problems with it not displaying the correct time.

I think the update site is down. Last time I looked the Le app was as well and the main website went down for a week but is back. Maybe they have not been paying their bills and service gets shut off or they have just had technical issues. # 1 reason why downloads should always be made available for offline updating.
Rolls Troyce likes this.
post #667 of 682 Old 08-27-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Van Boven View Post
I think the update site is down. Last time I looked the Le app was as well and the main website went down for a week but is back. Maybe they have not been paying their bills and service gets shut off or they have just had technical issues. # 1 reason why downloads should always be made available for offline updating.

I was able to get the update today but, the MyLeEco & Le areas are still down.

post #668 of 682 Old 08-31-2017, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I called LeEco today and after 2 months:
They still have no update or timeline re: Dolby Vision via HDMI and Streaming firmware updates

This is getting ridiculous, we have a TV that is advertized with DV and has DV written on the TV, BUT really has no DV capability. They have no timeline and I told them I would call back in another 6 weeks, but my patience with LeEco is wearing very thin.

What should we do???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman22 View Post
Today I heard back from LeEco, they told me that Dolby Vision via HDMI and Streaming both need firmware updates that they promise are coming.

I told them to update their forums with this info. They told me they are escalating the DV issue and also the lack of forum updates. They do not have a target date on the DV firmware update.

I told them the concerns we all have about LeEco US layoffs and financial issues, they told me not to worry and that they will be continuing to update the firmware and support the uMax85 going forward.

It will be interesting to see if they update the uMax85 for DV as promised, they better come through for us owners. This TV really is nice.

If would be great if folks reading this would also call LeEco about your concerns about their firmware support and the lack of DV working. Their number is 855-533-2622. Any help to get them to support us would be appreciated.

Thanks everybody.
post #669 of 682 Old 09-01-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman22 View Post
I called LeEco today and after 2 months:
They still have no update or timeline re: Dolby Vision via HDMI and Streaming firmware updates

This is getting ridiculous, we have a TV that is advertized with DV and has DV written on the TV, BUT really has no DV capability. They have no timeline and I told them I would call back in another 6 weeks, but my patience with LeEco is wearing very thin.

What should we do???
My credit card will reimburse me up to 6 months after a purchase. I am giving them 5 1/2 months to make it work then asking them for a full refund. If they don't give it the card company will give it and force them to reimburse them. There won't be any way they can prevent it since it says Dolby Vision on the TV and its a known issue. There are other TV's at this price point with more nits that do not offer Dolby Vision. I kind of hope they don't fix it and start offering the Q. I'll tell them to reimburse me then turn around and buy it. lol

post #670 of 682 Old 09-01-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
My credit card will reimburse me up to 6 months after a purchase. I am giving them 5 1/2 months to make it work then asking them for a full refund. If they don't give it the card company will give it and force them to reimburse them. There won't be any way they can prevent it since it says Dolby Vision on the TV and its a known issue. There are other TV's at this price point with more nits that do not offer Dolby Vision. I kind of hope they don't fix it and start offering the Q. I'll tell them to reimburse me then turn around and buy it. lol
Qmax would be the same bugs just a little prettier. I would keep the money and the tv and enjoy for a few years until something comes close to it.
snpanago, B Howard and Arm3n like this.
post #671 of 682 Old 09-05-2017, 10:14 AM

I'm going to do some research on TLC and possibly return the uMAX85 as soon as their 1300 nit FALD QLED with Dolby Vision comes out that is slated for "the near future".

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/tcl-x6-201709044503.htm

post #672 of 682 Old 09-05-2017, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
I'm going to do some research on TLC and possibly return the uMAX85 as soon as their 1300 nit FALD QLED with Dolby Vision comes out that is slated for "the near future".

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/tcl-x6-201709044503.htm
Hmm. This may be a long way away. Any actual real photos of this thing, vs the ones in the article?

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #673 of 682 Old 09-05-2017, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Twice. com posted its review of TCL's presentation about the TCL x6 on 8/31. "No plans at this time" for US distribution. China first; Europe by early 2018 according to TCL. I'd want to know the MSRP before deciding whether to defer a planned purchase for 6 to 12 months. If the price is competitive, I'd be tempted to wait.
post #674 of 682 Old 09-05-2017, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 151
I figured this wouldn't be any time soon.

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #675 of 682 Old 09-06-2017, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post
Hmm. This may be a long way away. Any actual real photos of this thing, vs the ones in the article?
It isn't. It comes out this quarter. I called the company to verify it and Nebraska Furniture Mart already has slots in their SKUs for TCL's high range TVs to be in.

post #676 of 682 Old 09-06-2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhtucker View Post
Twice. com posted its review of TCL's presentation about the TCL x6 on 8/31. "No plans at this time" for US distribution. China first; Europe by early 2018 according to TCL. I'd want to know the MSRP before deciding whether to defer a planned purchase for 6 to 12 months. If the price is competitive, I'd be tempted to wait.
I called them. They are releasing it in their "overseas" market this quarter. Also, their most expensive TV right now is cheap on top of being known for being well priced. It'll probably cost the same or less as the uMAX85.

post #677 of 682 Old 09-10-2017, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Packing Materials for the UMax85

So no horror stories for me. Received the set in March and it's been awesome thus far, with no dead pixels or anything that would warrant a return. My question for the other owners is when/iff you decided to dispose of the shipping container and packaging materials? I have them sitting in my basement and I worry that if I ever have to ship it back, I'll need, want, or be required to have it. Any thoughts around that; I'd appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,
Chris
post #678 of 682 Old 09-11-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhusky View Post
So no horror stories for me. Received the set in March and it's been awesome thus far, with no dead pixels or anything that would warrant a return. My question for the other owners is when/iff you decided to dispose of the shipping container and packaging materials? I have them sitting in my basement and I worry that if I ever have to ship it back, I'll need, want, or be required to have it. Any thoughts around that; I'd appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,
Chris
They told me to keep it for the techs that never called to change out my TV for a dead pixel.

post #679 of 682 Old 09-13-2017, 09:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhusky View Post

Thanks,
Chris
Same. I got the TV about 3 months back, and its been glorious. Love the 4K resolution, dont mind if i have to wait for hdr and dolby vision, atleast i have a great 4k tv in 85" for a damn good price.
I wanted a 75"+ TV ideally 80" in 4K for a price that wont break the bank. And with this TV i got more than what i asked for.

I have picked up the calibration settings posted on this thread, and switched off the motion so no soap opera effect.
So far there is nothing much I can complain about. Everyone who walks into the house is stunned at the PQ.
I just hope the TV lasts for a good 6-7 years and I think its well worth the money invested.
post #680 of 682 Old 09-14-2017, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post
Same. I got the TV about 3 months back, and its been glorious. Love the 4K resolution, dont mind if i have to wait for hdr and dolby vision, atleast i have a great 4k tv in 85" for a damn good price.
I wanted a 75"+ TV ideally 80" in 4K for a price that wont break the bank. And with this TV i got more than what i asked for.

I have picked up the calibration settings posted on this thread, and switched off the motion so no soap opera effect.
So far there is nothing much I can complain about. Everyone who walks into the house is stunned at the PQ.
I just hope the TV lasts for a good 6-7 years and I think its well worth the money invested.
Yes tv has been great except for the major bugs (no dolby vision and hdr washout with hdmi). Many of us have been waiting 6+ months. The problem is the company has such financial issues we do not know if it will be fixed or not. I really do not understand why they didnt just release an update with the hdmi washout fixed. Atleast then we can have confidence that we could use an external streaming box for dolby vision if they cannot follow through with an update.
snpanago and Arm3n like this.
post #681 of 682 Old 09-14-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post

You don't by any chance remember which page those are on do you? lol

post #682 of 682 Old 09-14-2017, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 49
The settings are on the first page posted by legolad credits to @daniel17693
Everything of that, except that i turned the Motion to Off for removing soap opera effect.

@Eric Van Boven I'd love to have all of the features LeEco promised us, the HDR and dobly vision is surely amazing.. But at the current stage with all the chaos surrounding LeEco I doubt they have a team of developers working round the clock trying to push through new releases.
Lets keep the faith that an electronic company either from China or Korea salvages the brand, and we can get our updates by next year.
Keeping the hopes alive i am living a pure 4K dream on a giant screen. My wife completely forgot about that investment we made for this TV, the msrp /w discount surely did not hurt our bank statement.
B Howard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
dolbyvision , hdr10 , leeco , uhd , umax85

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page