• 1 Post By ChiroVette
  • 1 Post By TuteTibiImperes

post #1 of 7 Old Today, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Stand height for 75" TV?

I kind of like the height a little on the low side, but I am not sure that's the way you are supposed to pick a stand. The Sonax I am looking at is 19.75 inches off the ground, basically from the floor to the bottom of the little built in stand that is attached to the TV. Will this cause any problems?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Today, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiroVette View Post
I kind of like the height a little on the low side, but I am not sure that's the way you are supposed to pick a stand. The Sonax I am looking at is 19.75 inches off the ground, basically from the floor to the bottom of the little built in stand that is attached to the TV. Will this cause any problems?

Thanks!
The best thing is to have the center of your screen level with your eyes. So set in your favorite seat and measure from the floor to your eyes. Then find out the height with stand on of the 75in TV that you are looking at and add the stand hieght. You should unstand the rest.
Now if it was wall mount with tilt then you could have it higher and tilt it down for optimum viewing.
Hope that helps.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 Old Today, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 798 Post(s)
Liked: 403
I like the tv a bit higher than eye level actually...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0377.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	1974049   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	1974057  
AVmanic likes this.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Velodyne HGS 12, VA 1512, Rythmik FV15HP

post #4 of 7 Old Today, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
I like the tv a bit higher than eye level actually...
By the looks of your last pic and if I set in that chair and I'm 6 feet tail. My eyes would be center of that TV. My stand looks to be the same hieght.

post #5 of 7 Old Today, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVmanic View Post
The best thing is to have the center of your screen level with your eyes. So set in your favorite seat and measure from the floor to your eyes. Then find out the height with stand on of the 75in TV that you are looking at and add the stand hieght. You should unstand the rest.
Now if it was wall mount with tilt then you could have it higher and tilt it down for optimum viewing.
Hope that helps.

If this is true, then that stand would be near perfect for me actually. If the stand is 19.75" and the screen height itself is 37.9", plus adding in the stock stand the TV sits on, which is 2.2", then that would effectively make my Sonax TV stand + the connected plastic stand just a hair under 22" (21.95") . Then half the height of the screen would be another 19" (18.95), which should put the center height of that screen at a drop under 41". It is an inch or two high, but I don't think that I am picky enough for that to bother me.

Thanks!
AVmanic likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old Today, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiroVette View Post
If this is true, then that stand would be near perfect for me actually. If the stand is 19.75" and the screen height itself is 37.9", plus adding in the stock stand the TV sits on, which is 2.2", then that would effectively make my Sonax TV stand + the connected plastic stand just a hair under 22" (21.95") . Then half the height of the screen would be another 19" (18.95), which should put the center height of that screen at a drop under 41". It is an inch or two high, but I don't think that I am picky enough for that to bother me.

Thanks!
That sounds perfect to me you can have a 2 to 3 in. difference by all means. Yes it is ture that you want the center of the TV to be at your eye level.
I have a 75Z9D and my stand is only a half inch shorter than the one you are getting. Sorry the wife was watching a show and she would have killed me if I got my tape out at the time of the first reply.
When you get things set up post some pics and enjoy.

Last edited by AVmanic; Today at 07:06 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 07:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 832 Post(s)
Liked: 538
That stand sounds like it should be fine. I have a 75" Sony 940C and it's on a stand that's about 18.5" tall, which combined with the little feet on the TV put the center at eye-level from my couch.
AVmanic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page