4K Upscaling Vizio P Series or Marantz SR7011 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old Today, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
4K Upscaling Vizio P Series or Marantz SR7011

I have a Vizio 65" P Series arriving today. The one knock I hear on it is the ability to upscale lower quality content to 4K(they say 1080p is usually fine though). Seeing how I obviously want the best picture possible, I was wondering if I should have my Marantz SR7011 receiver do the video processing for 1080p or lower content or if the Vizio is still better at handling it than the Marantz is.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Today, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1082 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I have had a Samsung KS800D (Costco KS8000 version) and LG B6 OLED. My Denon X4200 did the same or better upscaling than either of those TVs (I have my Denon upscale my Directv and let it just pass through my UHD blu-ray player, which upscales to 4K itself) and both of those TVs are supposed to upscale better than Vizio. Your Marantz probably upscales the same as my Denon, possibly better.
post #3 of 6 Old Today, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by checker9 View Post
I have had a Samsung KS800D (Costco KS8000 version) and LG B6 OLED. My Denon X4200 did the same or better upscaling than either of those TVs (I have my Denon upscale my Directv and let it just pass through my UHD blu-ray player, which upscales to 4K itself) and both of those TVs are supposed to upscale better than Vizio. Your Marantz probably upscales the same as my Denon, possibly better.
Gotcha. Didn't think about letting a 4K BD player do the upscaling for non 4K content. I just got the Samsung UBD8500 too, haven't checked for an HDMI input on it yet. What this info for is all of my movies on my video server HTPC are 1080p MKV files. I just want to get the best quality out of them since I have so many.

post #4 of 6 Old Today, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Actually I may have misunderstood you. You are feeding your DirecTv into the receiver then, "let it pass through your UHD blu-ray" then the blu-ray to the tv? Or were you just meaning you just let your BD player pass through the receiver to your tv since all of it's content is already 4k(except regular FHD blu-rays)?
post #5 of 6 Old Today, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1082 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTech View Post
Actually I may have misunderstood you. You are feeding your DirecTv into the receiver then, "let it pass through your UHD blu-ray" then the blu-ray to the tv? Or were you just meaning you just let your BD player pass through the receiver to your tv since all of it's content is already 4k(except regular FHD blu-rays)?
Directv and my Samsung Blu-ray player are two different devices both hooked up to my Denon AVR via different HDMI inputs. Then I have one connection between my AVR and TV (everything goes through my AVR, before TV, via different inputs within my AVR.)

My AVR allows different settings for each HDMI input. For the Directv input, I have the Denon doing upscaling. For the UHD player input on my Denon, I have it doing nothing, just passing through.
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Directv and my Samsung Blu-ray player are two different devices both hooked up to my Denon AVR via different HDMI inputs. Then I have one connection between my AVR and TV (everything goes through my AVR, before TV, via different inputs within my AVR.)

My AVR allows different settings for each HDMI input. For the Directv input, I have the Denon doing upscaling. For the UHD player input on my Denon, I have it doing nothing, just passing through.
Ok, I see, so you have it hooked up the right way(traditional way)..lol. I just didnt know you had input specific video settings set up for the Denon. That's where I got lost. I'll try some things tonight, and probably do what you did for my HTPC. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page