AVS Forum banner

Sony 930E and 900E questions

25K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  Damar1979 
#1 ·
I am considering these two TVs. I am confused from initial research.

First on Dolby Vision. A Flatpanel review listed only the 930E and up will have Dolby Vision, while some other sites have indicated the 900E will also and Best Buy lists, who typically just lists what the manufacturer cites as features, Dolby Vision under HDR for the X900E. Anyone know of any Sony confirmation on whether the X900E will or will not have Dolby Vision?

On weight of TVs. A 65 inch 930E is listed as weighing almost 95 pounds with stand and almost 85 without stand. That is almost double what modern 65 inch LCD TVs weigh. It is listed that way on Sony's site, so I do not think it is a typo. Anyone know if it is mistake? Also, out of curiosity, I wonder why it weighs so much if that specification is correct.

#2 ·
The 900e is not getting Dolby Vision, the some other sites are wrong and that statement has been confirmed by Sony. As for the weight, its correct and definitely has caught my attention. The X1 extreme processor can't weigh that much more. I would assume/hope that given the difference in price you are seeing better materials (less plastic) going into the 930e - it does cost more - vs. the 900e. Chris from Cleveland Plasma has said more than a few times that given the price difference between the Sony's that use FALD, somethings got to give on the performance with the 900e, numbers just don't add up. You could always visit VE, apparently they have a 900e setup and running.

#3 ·
I am looking to wall-mount a 55" tv in a space that is not going to be used for critical viewing. I have other setups for that. 55" is the absolute largest I can fit into that space. I can't justify the A1E pricing for that usage, so I'm choosing between a 55" X900E, X930E, or trying to find something older. Since the 55" X930E is edge-lit, is X900E the clear winner in that size category for having FALD, given that it's also cheaper? Design and appearance is also a factor for where it's going.

#9 ·
I have a PS4 pro and I'm looking for a new TV and I'm interested in the 900E and would love to hear your experience with gaming, specifically the input lag. I'm worried it might have the same input lag as the 930D, since this TV slots in between the 930D and 930E.

#28 ·
#31 ·
I think that having the X1extreme processor and DolbyVision capability is worth the extra cost since you'll be able to watch all of the relevant HDR formats (HDR 10 & DolbyVision) on the x930E but not the x900E. So, when DolbyVision discs hit later this year and there is more DV streaming, you may have regrets with the x900E. Peace of mind...

#32 ·
PS4 Lag...

Any comment on the input ag for the PS4 or PS4 Pro? I just bought this TV, paired it with a Marantz reciever and the input lag is horrendous...

I love this picture of this TV, but I can't play games like first person shooters or racing games...anyone know of a fix?

#33 · (Edited)
Any comment on the input ag for the PS4 or PS4 Pro? I just bought this TV, paired it with a Marantz reciever and the input lag is horrendous...

I love this picture of this TV, but I can't play games like first person shooters or racing games...anyone know of a fix?
This thread mentions 2 distinct models with differing amounts of lag and you did not specifiy which one you bought. There should be hardly any lag with the x900e compared to the x930e.

#35 ·
Hmm, I assume you have tried the different presets including GAME to see if it would reduce? I have a PC hooked up and move the cursor and it moves about pretty close to real-time around the screen. Much faster than my old SXRD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.