AVS Forum banner

**OFFICIAL** 2017 SONY XBR-X930E (Owner's Thread)(No Price Talk)

2M views 12K replies 849 participants last post by  Joshua Boudreaux 
#1 ·
Just upgraded yesterday to a brand new 65in 930E at Best Buy yesterday. They only had one which was supposed to have been the demo but they made an exception and sold it to me! I'm upgrading from a Samsung UN55B8000 I'd purchased about 8yrs ago so it's a huge upgrade for me. I've always been impressed with Sony TVs and figured I finally upgrade after what I'd seen at CES. The addition the Dolby Vision future upgrade kind of sealed the deal for me since I like to future proof as much as I can with big ticket items such as this. I'll be mounting it as the TV stand I currently have for the Samsung isn't sturdy enough to support such a heavy TV. I hope to inbox it tomorrow and purchase the mounts needed. This is a great forum and the information that was provided here that I've been reading through this past week actually aided me in making my final decision to take the plunge and get the newest 930 series instead of last years version. I'm new here so any suggestions you guys have with PQ settings etc will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#4 ·
I'll definitely do so. I major reason I'd purchased this TV is due to the upgraded X1 processor. I'd read some negative reviews about how bad the input lag was on the X930D and I'm hoping Sony has addressed that issue in this year's model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#6 ·
^^^^ This! Want to know if an HDR notification pops up when HDR content is playing... Also how's the light bleed and blooming while playing HDR content. Thanks...

Reactions: hakol
#7 ·
Congrats on your purchase!

I'm deciding between either the Sony X930E or Samsungs KS9000 or their newest QLED. Any of your impressions/feedback will be greatly appreciated. One of the nice things about the Samsungs TV's is their new "smart remote" which detects everything connected to TV and acts as a universal remote, so I'm curious what you think about the SONY remote and if it can control all devices hooked up..(audio,ps4..etc) or if you need to buy a universal remote.

#8 ·
I think you'll need a universal remote with the Sony. It comes with an IR blaster with only two buds to be able to control 2 devices. I'm not 100% on that but from watching some of the Sony unboxing vids, it looks to be the case.

#13 ·
Same question earlier
1) When you get a chance let us know if it gives you any sort of indication that a HDR video is playing(Netflix, Amazon etc etc) How does HDR and SDR to HDR look?
2) Can pictures setting be switched when HDR video is playing?
3) How is the light reflection on the screen for us who watch tv in the daytime with the lights on?

Movie and animation pictures would help thanks. Also what tv did you have before you upgraded?

#12 ·
Multiple posts on the anticipation thread say no light bleed. While I can probably attest to this being on normal content, I'm more interested if this is the case on films with letterboxing. Please post photos when you get the chance. The movie Passengers would be a good example in my opinion. Watched it last night, great film :) Input lag I would care about as well. John Archer's review showed 40ms on the 55".

#26 ·
It is hard to take a good photo with that scene and all of the motion. I took a video for you:

Keep i mind with the Galaxy S7 Edge, the colors re oversaturated (way more natural in real life), and the dynamic range is eliminated (crushed blacks, super bright highlights in the video).

#48 ·
Hello everyone, I recently ordered the 65x930e from crutchfield (should have it Thursday). I am recently on my second 930d, the first one was bad out of the box, colors on the bottom 4 inches were all messed up. I have had the 2nd tv for a month and now has a pixel going out. Crutchfield was so helpful with my situation, they offered to replace it with the same tv or let me choose a different one (I opted for the 930e :D ). I have a 60 day price guarantee on the 930e, I'm hoping the price drops by then. cant wait to get it and set it up. I will try to answer any questions.

#57 ·
Well I bit the bullet and purchased the TV from Best Buy tonight and will be getting it Thursday.

I really wanted to wait until I could see input lag tests between the 900 and 930, but I like what I've seen so far on the 930. I selfishly hope the 900 won't end up having better input lag results. ;)

#83 ·
No, I don't believe it will be close to the 2017 oleds, and likely not the 2016s either, though it will be brighter. In a side by side with the samsung fald ks9800, the 930e was unable to match the black levels/uniformity of the ks9800 according to digitalfernsehende on youtube which does very extensive reviews of tvs. I think compared to other 65" tvs with better blacks, it needs to come down in price a little more to be considered a good value.

#87 ·
#101 ·
There is nothing wrong with the KS9800 it's does have a little more blooming than the 75Z9D that I own. The Z9D has over 600 zones is FALD local dimming.
For me the blacks are better on the Z9D as well.
But for the price if that's your deciding factor then by all means put up the KS9800 and enjoy..😀

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#123 ·
I encountered this phenomenon when on an inactive input. There is a clear horizontal line running across the screen. When there is no display information at the top however, it is gone, and it is not visible at any other point. Any thoughts?
I'm not certain as I haven't owned a Sony in a couple years, but I think it's part of the banner when the input signal is annotated. After a little time it disappears along with the HDMI Input marking...