*OFFICIAL* 2017 Sony XBR-X940E - Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1571Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
PExeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithras1 View Post
Would be great if you could make a video of this as well (so we can count along with you ). Best from a side on angle of more than 45 degrees ...
Will do, I'll whip one up in a few hours. Forgive the multi posts, the multi-quote never seems to work for me
PExeter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 11:04 AM
Senior Member
 
dancolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by PExeter View Post
Yes, Im seeing a trail. I guess its a good thing I don't watch black balls on white screens! lol. Everything I've watched so far has looked amazing, I thought it might be the youtube vid, but alas on my laptop no trailing.


edit: video shortly: https://vid.me/AEIC
To me, that doesn't look as bad as the 940D. I thought I had seen much worse on the 940D.

To all of you with more experience with the 940D smearing issue, does this video on the 940E look any better?

Dan
dancolt is offline  
post #33 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MCaugusto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BOSTON --- MA ---
Posts: 1,625
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 230
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^
And that full screen white image looks remarkably good : i cannot discern any dirty screen effect nor FALD grid shadow, attributes that these days appear to be rarer and rarer in LCD sets !

Congratulations on the set, now could you please throw in some grey full images to see how the panel looks on the opposite side of the brightness scale ?
MCaugusto is online now  
 
post #34 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
PlatinumSV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancolt View Post
To me, that doesn't look as bad as the 940D. I thought I had seen much worse on the 940D.

To all of you with more experience with the 940D smearing issue, does this video on the 940E look any better?

Dan
It looks like it's definitely a little better.
PlatinumSV is offline  
post #35 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 12:28 PM
Member
 
NY1PR2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
Could a 2017 75" 940E owner take a measurement for me?

What I really need is the distance from the very front edge of the stand to the rear edge of the panel (as the far left and right side of a 75" TV are wider than the "hole" on the piece of furniture my wife really likes... and it behooves me to retain that piece of furniture, if I want to upgrade to this TV, which I do), but if I just had:

- Distance (depth) from the very front edge of the stand to the front edge of the screen

I could just add that to the "dimension of TV without stand" thickness of 2.5", and I'd know the distance from "front edge of stand" to "backside of screen".
I will love to help you with my 940E but I never install mine on a stand. I took it out of the box and went straight to be mounted on my living room wall.
NY1PR2006 is offline  
post #36 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 02:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
edwinhernandez1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY1PR2006 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
Could a 2017 75" 940E owner take a measurement for me?

What I really need is the distance from the very front edge of the stand to the rear edge of the panel (as the far left and right side of a 75" TV are wider than the "hole" on the piece of furniture my wife really likes... and it behooves me to retain that piece of furniture, if I want to upgrade to this TV, which I do), but if I just had:

- Distance (depth) from the very front edge of the stand to the front edge of the screen

I could just add that to the "dimension of TV without stand" thickness of 2.5", and I'd know the distance from "front edge of stand" to "backside of screen".
I will love to help you with my 940E but I never install mine on a stand. I took it out of the box and went straight to be mounted on my living room wall.
Complete opposite for me I never mount my tv. I always have mine on a stand since I need a way to have my center channel held for my sound system. Also I have way to many components. I need as much shelf space as possible plus I just dont trust wall mounts for anything bigger than 65" and especially here in L.A. earthquake city. As soon as I get my unit I will be more than glad to help you with measurement unfortunately I wont have my unit until Friday at the earliest! I am sure someone else will have answered your question by then.
edwinhernandez1986 is offline  
post #37 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
PExeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 121
I don't know what I can do to help the zone count test stand out more, it's very subtle. Contrast is already maxed and I've tried it with local dimming on/off, but its very hard to tell anything, and impossible to see on camera. I understand viewing it at an angle, my last LG this would have worked great, but with this one even at extreme angles you can't see blooming/brightness changes like you would expect, just black.


I did the grey screen and it is perfectly uniform other than the corners are slightly darkened, I took a picture of the grey screen but couldn't get an accurate representation.
PExeter is offline  
post #38 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 02:44 PM
Senior Member
 
mithras1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 442
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by PExeter View Post
I don't know what I can do to help the zone count test stand out more, it's very subtle. Contrast is already maxed and I've tried it with local dimming on/off, but its very hard to tell anything, and impossible to see on camera. I understand viewing it at an angle, my last LG this would have worked great, but with this one even at extreme angles you can't see blooming/brightness changes like you would expect, just black.


I did the grey screen and it is perfectly uniform other than the corners are slightly darkened, I took a picture of the grey screen but couldn't get an accurate representation.
This one might be of some inspiration (if the room is not darkened yet, then that should help a lot to make it stand out more)


Last edited by mithras1; 03-28-2017 at 02:47 PM.
mithras1 is offline  
post #39 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 13,930
Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10167 Post(s)
Liked: 9140
Quote:
Originally Posted by PExeter View Post
I don't know what I can do to help the zone count test stand out more, it's very subtle. Contrast is already maxed and I've tried it with local dimming on/off, but its very hard to tell anything, and impossible to see on camera. I understand viewing it at an angle, my last LG this would have worked great, but with this one even at extreme angles you can't see blooming/brightness changes like you would expect, just black.


I did the grey screen and it is perfectly uniform other than the corners are slightly darkened, I took a picture of the grey screen but couldn't get an accurate representation.
You wanna put the dimming on high and max out the backlight and extended dynamic range. This will all make blooming worse which makes it easier to count the changing blooms.
ray0414 is online now  
post #40 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
edwinhernandez1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by PExeter View Post
I don't know what I can do to help the zone count test stand out more, it's very subtle. Contrast is already maxed and I've tried it with local dimming on/off, but its very hard to tell anything, and impossible to see on camera. I understand viewing it at an angle, my last LG this would have worked great, but with this one even at extreme angles you can't see blooming/brightness changes like you would expect, just black.


I did the grey screen and it is perfectly uniform other than the corners are slightly darkened, I took a picture of the grey screen but couldn't get an accurate representation.
Set it in HDR mode it will make it stand out more. The LEDs seem to be brighter in that mode.
edwinhernandez1986 is offline  
post #41 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
psuKinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,891
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinhernandez1986 View Post
Complete opposite for me I never mount my tv. I always have mine on a stand since I need a way to have my center channel held for my sound system. Also I have way to many components. I need as much shelf space as possible plus I just dont trust wall mounts for anything bigger than 65" and especially here in L.A. earthquake city. As soon as I get my unit I will be more than glad to help you with measurement unfortunately I wont have my unit until Friday at the earliest! I am sure someone else will have answered your question by then.
Thanks so much!

This is almost certainly the set I want... If I can make that dimension fit for me. I'm kind of like you, I have physically large speakers... I go for that wall-mounted aesthetic for TVs in the house OTHER THAN the main TV. For the main set, I'm trying to optimize for hooking everything up (speaker cables everywhere), moving that big beautiful screen a wee bit closer to my primary seat, and lining things up so that my giant speakers aren't jutting way out in front of a TV that's flush to the wall.

JMO
psuKinger is offline  
post #42 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
PExeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Ok, working on getting the videos uploaded. Im still seeing 17 changes horizontally and 16 vertically. I did as you suggested, HDR on, dimming on high and extended dynamic high and that worked. There is virtually no blooming/bleeding with light images against black..just to clarify, this is obviously not the case with the simulated HDR on, this blows everything out.


Also or those who were interested in input lag, as I was, I only have it set to standard and game mode is not enabled and using a PS4 pro and Xbox one S I get very low lag. No exact numbers but it has to be close to 30 or less because my last LG had about 35-40ms lag and this is noticeably better. (Horizon Dawn/4k/HDR...Sunset Overdrive...Titanfall 2)


VIDEO: https://vid.me/xXFe

Last edited by PExeter; 03-28-2017 at 05:39 PM.
PExeter is offline  
post #43 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
PExeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Video: https://vid.me/xXFe
MCaugusto and ray0414 like this.
PExeter is offline  
post #44 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 06:37 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 13,930
Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10167 Post(s)
Liked: 9140
Quote:
Originally Posted by PExeter View Post

Definitely a good number of zones there. The zones are lighting up much faster on the 940e than on my ks9800 that has 150 zones. Looks like 200+ zones for sure.



Edit: I counted 17 across and at least 15 vertical. Looks like it's at least 250 zones.
WOLVERNOLE likes this.

Last edited by ray0414; 03-28-2017 at 08:10 PM.
ray0414 is online now  
post #45 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 06:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kadath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Yum yum.

Buncha savages in this town....

Sam Posten
Kadath is offline  
post #46 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Senior Member
 
dancolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by PExeter View Post
Yes, Im seeing a trail. I guess its a good thing I don't watch black balls on white screens! lol. Everything I've watched so far has looked amazing, I thought it might be the youtube vid, but alas on my laptop no trailing.


edit: video shortly: https://vid.me/AEIC

Out of curiosity, does anybody have a video of the same test being run on a 940D? Or if you have a 940D, could you show us what this test looks like on yours?

Thanks,

Dan
dancolt is offline  
post #47 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
edwinhernandez1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Input lag numbers were benchmarked by hdtvtest on X930E (which has same internals except for lighting scheme) as 42ms 1080P input source and 25ms 4K input source. The reason 4K is faster they believe is because 1080P has to be upscaled to 4K which takes processing time. These numbers are very respectable and should make for a playable experience. Obviously ideally it'd be best to be under 15ms but 4K technology is catching up. My 2 year old X940C had a poor 42ms response time but I make it work! So 25ms will be nice to work with.
edwinhernandez1986 is offline  
post #48 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
edwinhernandez1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by PExeter View Post
Ok, working on getting the videos uploaded. Im still seeing 17 changes horizontally and 16 vertically. I did as you suggested, HDR on, dimming on high and extended dynamic high and that worked. There is virtually no blooming/bleeding with light images against black..just to clarify, this is obviously not the case with the simulated HDR on, this blows everything out.


Also or those who were interested in input lag, as I was, I only have it set to standard and game mode is not enabled and using a PS4 pro and Xbox one S I get very low lag. No exact numbers but it has to be close to 30 or less because my last LG had about 35-40ms lag and this is noticeably better. (Horizon Dawn/4k/HDR...Sunset Overdrive...Titanfall 2)


VIDEO: https://vid.me/xXFe
Awesome thx for that, I am going to go out on a limb and say its probably 18 x 16 but I would'nt be surprised if it was 20 x 16. Only because Sony algorithm is so good it can be missed as was the case on my X940C during a review. They originally thought it was a certain number than they later found out they had missed some zones. Awesome thanks again!
edwinhernandez1986 is offline  
post #49 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 07:36 PM
Senior Member
 
dancolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 251
I heard that the 75" 900E is the actual replacement for the 940D and the 940E is a new level being introduced between the 900E and the Z9D.

Has anyone heard the same? The apparent zone increase on the 940E would support that claim.


Dan
WOLVERNOLE likes this.
dancolt is offline  
post #50 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
PExeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Few shots from 1080P content streamed from Google Play...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1289 2.jpg
Views:	1180
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	2055689   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1297.jpg
Views:	1092
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	2055697   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1303.jpg
Views:	1025
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	2055705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1286.jpg
Views:	1011
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	2055713  
PExeter is offline  
post #51 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
edwinhernandez1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Wow these shots are incredible, really cant see where screen ends and bezels start. Those blacks are incredible! Definitely an upgrade from my X940C where you could see lighter shade of black in pitch black room. Unless the camera isnt picking it up but in that pitch black shot I saw black all around no signs of light bleed and or grey blacks.

Yeah I don't care what people say LCD has a lot of life to give. It has survived CRT, Rear Projectors, Plasma and OLED will be next. You can not kill LCD it is a legendary technology. The best part is you dont have to worry about image retention and burn in! I will stick with LCD for life hahahaha!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
LG4k likes this.
edwinhernandez1986 is offline  
post #52 of 3470 Old 03-28-2017, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
edwinhernandez1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by PExeter View Post
Few shots from 1080P content streamed from Google Play...
TV Porn I love it, keep it coming. I need something to hold me off until my set gets in hahaha.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
edwinhernandez1986 is offline  
post #53 of 3470 Old 03-29-2017, 02:11 AM
Senior Member
 
mithras1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 442
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinhernandez1986 View Post
Awesome thx for that, I am going to go out on a limb and say its probably 18 x 16 but I would'nt be surprised if it was 20 x 16. Only because Sony algorithm is so good it can be missed as was the case on my X940C during a review. They originally thought it was a certain number than they later found out they had missed some zones. Awesome thanks again!
Same here: 16 across (8 either side of the Sony logo) and 18 down
mithras1 is offline  
post #54 of 3470 Old 03-29-2017, 02:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
PlatinumSV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancolt View Post
I heard that the 75" 900E is the actual replacement for the 940D and the 940E is a new level being introduced between the 900E and the Z9D.

Has anyone heard the same? The apparent zone increase on the 940E would support that claim.


Dan
The 940e is the direct replacement for the 940d. The 900e is a step down from both. It's a new more affordable set with a little bit of both edge-lit and FALD tech.
WOLVERNOLE likes this.
PlatinumSV is offline  
post #55 of 3470 Old 03-29-2017, 04:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithras1 View Post
Same here: 16 across (8 either side of the Sony logo) and 18 down
Same here. 17/18 down. That last flash could also be the first horizontal zone but not sure about that.
I find it odd that the short side has much more zones. On the other hand its is perfect for eliminating black bars off 21:9 movies.
I wonder how this one does with 4:3 content like Startrek TNG HD.
Astennu is offline  
post #56 of 3470 Old 03-29-2017, 05:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alexanderg823's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,858
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2545 Post(s)
Liked: 2006
940E looks to be a real winner
Kadath likes this.
alexanderg823 is online now  
post #57 of 3470 Old 03-29-2017, 05:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderg823 View Post
940E looks to be a real winner
Yeah it seems so. Compared to the 75X900E i rather pay extra to get the way better FALD implementation of the 940E. And the X1 Xtreme offcource.
Cant wait until it becomes available here in the EU.

Gonna ask Sony if they can replace my defective 75X8505C for this one. i dont mind to pay extra.
I did look in to last years 940D. It was a nice set but not good enough for the price difference.

The only think missing on the 940E seems to be HDMI 2.1 to make it fully future proof (but no 2017 TV has that). For the rest it seems to be a nice complete package. Quite the step up from the 940C and 940D (the 940D was barely better and worse in some area's compared to the C)

The only LED competition seems to be the more expensive ZD9.
i wonder how the 940E performs vs the Samsung Q9 in a dark room.

I think the 940E could come out as a winner there. I love the motion handling of Sony tv's so im not really considering something else that is not a lot better. Only OLED can compete but 77" OLED is just to expensive. And size does matter

Last edited by Astennu; 03-29-2017 at 05:24 AM.
Astennu is offline  
post #58 of 3470 Old 03-29-2017, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alexanderg823's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,858
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2545 Post(s)
Liked: 2006
Without a doubt 940E looks to be the best LCD of 2017... 250 zones + DV at 75 inches for 6 grand... no contest. Q9 with its edge lighting is no competition.
alexanderg823 is online now  
post #59 of 3470 Old 03-29-2017, 08:23 AM
Senior Member
 
stangflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I got my 940D in October- wish I would have waited. I do have a very good panel but I think I will miss DV and the extra zones. I would have to wait a while as I paid $4k for mine and would not pay over $4500 for a TV. Probably Oct. 2017 to get price close to $4500.

But then the 2018's will probably get HDMI 2.1 which should stop the HDMI merry go round for a while.

Changes and improvements never stop.

Last edited by stangflyer; 03-29-2017 at 08:40 AM.
stangflyer is offline  
post #60 of 3470 Old 03-29-2017, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
edwinhernandez1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astennu View Post
Yeah it seems so. Compared to the 75X900E i rather pay extra to get the way better FALD implementation of the 940E. And the X1 Xtreme offcource.
Cant wait until it becomes available here in the EU.

Gonna ask Sony if they can replace my defective 75X8505C for this one. i dont mind to pay extra.
I did look in to last years 940D. It was a nice set but not good enough for the price difference.

The only think missing on the 940E seems to be HDMI 2.1 to make it fully future proof (but no 2017 TV has that). For the rest it seems to be a nice complete package. Quite the step up from the 940C and 940D (the 940D was barely better and worse in some area's compared to the C)

The only LED competition seems to be the more expensive ZD9.
i wonder how the 940E performs vs the Samsung Q9 in a dark room.

I think the 940E could come out as a winner there. I love the motion handling of Sony tv's so im not really considering something else that is not a lot better. Only OLED can compete but 77" OLED is just to expensive. And size does matter
Samsung will be no competetion for X940E, Sony has leap frogged their tech again. Sony has just been ahead since they put out their first tv with triluminos. The one that really showed what can be done with LCD was the X950B which received TV of the year award. Long story short the X940D was a downgrade from X940C which is why I am calling the X940E a true successor to X940C and let me tell you the X940C was very nice upgrade from my X850C. I can't wait to see what this X940E can do in person. Only 2 tvs can best this tv Z9D and Sony A1E OLED. I personally dont like OLED tech but if you pair the X1 Extreme to an OLED its guaranteed to be pretty. I dont like LG OLED, I dont find it to be impressive as much as Sony Z9D.
edwinhernandez1986 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off