LeEco Super 4 X43 Pro, X55, X65 Thread - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #1 of 55 Old 04-15-2017, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 115
LeEco Super 4 X43 Pro, X55, X65 Thread

Decided to start a thread dedicated to these LeEco's models ONLY>> The Super 4 X43, X55, X65's.

The other LeEco threads seem to focus on their flagship model, the uMax85 which is a FALD display, while the smaller models are not. There's hardly any discussion regarding the smaller models and if there is, it's hard to find.

So please only discussion for the X43 Pro, X55 and X65 models.

I guess the first question is: Why is the X43 called a 'Pro' and the X55/X65 not?

Last edited by fleaman; 04-15-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 04-15-2017, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I posted this in a generalized LeEco thread, but more appropriate for this thread now>>>

I just bought the X43 direct from LeEco, taking advantage of the 200 bux off deal.

Most here seem to be talking about the X85, but there's no owners thread or the like for the smaller models, so posting here.

I was looking for an upgrade replacement for my current daily TV duties handled by a 7-8 year old Sharp LED LE700UN 32". Back in the day it was a rather good LCD with fairly good contrast (native was tested to around 3,000:1). Full backlit LED (not edgelit).

Now you're thinking 'what a tiny TV!' = Yes, BUT, I run a HT Projector on a 80" screen for movies. The 32" was just for news and the such. In a small room sitting 8-9ft back.

My needs for an upgrade were twofold: Wanted slightly larger and had to be very thin. I wanted to wall mount it to fit behind my drop down electric screen. Had about 2.75" of space when screen is down. With my 32" Sharp I had mounted it on an upside down ceiling tube mount which I had to manually lower and raise every time I fired the PJ up. This was getting annoying.

I went to BB and looked at some TV's....but due to my thinness requirements, I had narrowed it down to a $650 Sony XBR43X800D (1.81" thick 43") and a $600 Sammy UN40KU7000FXZA (2.1" thick 40") or $750 2.2" thick 43".

I read some of the LeEco reviews @ Secrets of HT&Hi-Fi and Rtings and was impressed. But Amazon reviews had me worried and a brief scan of posts on AVS had me worried too. Being the price was about the same, I decided to pass. Until I noticed the direct buy discount, which brings the cost to about 1/2 as much or better than the other TV's mentioned.

Now here's the thing> I don't currently need or use any smart TV features. I don't stream TV content at ALL. For movies I stick to Blu Ray on my projector (JVC RS57/X700!). With a large projection screen I can see the PQ difference between Blu Ray and HD streaming. For TV duties I have TWC (Spectrum now) and get a lot of HD channels there. The only TWC HD shows I fire up the PJ for Mr. Robot, Better call Saul and The Americans. But Mr. Robot is the one that benefits the most from the big screen (it's the most cinematic of the 3 to me). HD Cable is adequate for me here on the PJ.

So essentially I just need it to be a good 'display' when feed into it's hdmi inputs. It seems most of the issues I've read are in regards to smart TV features or with the X85 full array backlit panel.
I read LeEco's return policy and it's 30 days with a 15% restocking on the purchase price, but they send you a free ship return label. So essentially a $50 something short term risk. Long term is more iffy as it's a typical 1 year warranty. LeEco appears to be new players, at least compared to Sammy/Sharp/Sony, etc. My Sharp has been rock solid for 8 years. Though I read LeEco has been making their own panels for a while and has a presence outside of the US. Regardless, I certainly have more of a concern regarding reliability vs my trusty Sharp.

For about 350 bux on what appears to be a pretty darn good (and very thin) 43" 'TV', I figured it was worth the risk, especially since I'm not really interested in Smart TV features. If it performs well as just a regular 'TV', I'll be happy. I wasn't sure how long the 200 bux discount was gonna live (being as they had deleted it before), so I admittedly felt pressured to 'buy', lol.

Perhaps as I try to read more of this thread or others, I'll get buyers remorse before UPS even shows up! Anyone feel free to comment on my choice for my specific needs??
post #3 of 55 Old 04-15-2017, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Well, the first hiccup I noticed is the X43 has no component or cable (coaxial) inputs. I have a VCR (I know I know) connected to my Sharp via coaxial input and a DVD recorder (has a HD drive too) connected via component.

Wonder if a component to VGA adapter would work into the LeEco VGA input? I'm guessing not as LeEco says this is a 'PC' VGA input. UGh. I might have to buy a $40 Component to VGA converter box from monoprice to keep component or just downgrade to a composite connection that the DVD /HD recorder probably has on the back. Wonder how much of a PQ hit I'd take going to composite vs using a component to VGA converter?

post #4 of 55 Old 04-17-2017, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Well, the first hiccup I noticed is the X43 has no component or cable (coaxial) inputs. I have a VCR (I know I know) connected to my Sharp via coaxial input and a DVD recorder (has a HD drive too) connected via component.

Wonder if a component to VGA adapter would work into the LeEco VGA input? I'm guessing not as LeEco says this is a 'PC' VGA input. UGh. I might have to buy a $40 Component to VGA converter box from monoprice to keep component or just downgrade to a composite connection that the DVD /HD recorder probably has on the back. Wonder how much of a PQ hit I'd take going to composite vs using a component to VGA converter?
Ughh...I have this tv. It definitely has a coaxial cable port (the kind for antenna's). It's the bottom most port.
post #5 of 55 Old 04-17-2017, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0 View Post
Ughh...I have this tv. It definitely has a coaxial cable port (the kind for antenna's). It's the bottom most port.
Ah, missed it....thanks!

What's the 'Ughh' part for? Share your thoughts...
post #6 of 55 Old 04-19-2017, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ah, missed it....thanks!

What's the 'Ughh' part for? Share your thoughts...
I misuse "ummm" and "ughhh" sometimes. Sorry about that.

Completely tangential to the above, I gotta say I just love this TV. I use my 43" as a computer monitor (about 2' away hehe) and it works awesome. It looks amazing on screen and the chassis looks professional so it sitting on my desk (while awkward due to size) looks aesthetically pleasing. What I love is that I have HDMI from computer running to TV and I'm using the free bluetooth headphones from the TV to my ears...three way transfer!

I mean where else can you get this kind of TV or comp monitor at $350 with this chassis and screen??? No where. This in a computer monitor is $800 easy and the next step up in TV's that even remotely look similar are the Sony X800D series. Good deal IMO.
post #7 of 55 Old 04-19-2017, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0 View Post
I mean where else can you get this kind of TV or comp monitor at $350 with this chassis and screen??? No where. This in a computer monitor is $800 easy and the next step up in TV's that even remotely look similar are the Sony X800D series. Good deal IMO.
The Sony X800D was on my short list due to it's thinness (to fit on wall behind my projection screen). So it's a potential Plan B if the LeEco X43 doesn't work out (X43 due to arrive friday).

Did you have a X800D or just saw it in a store?
Or was the 'similar' comment just on the case/design aesthetics?
post #8 of 55 Old 04-19-2017, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The Sony X800D was on my short list due to it's thinness (to fit on wall behind my projection screen). So it's a potential Plan B if the LeEco X43 doesn't work out (X43 due to arrive friday).

Did you have a X800D or just saw it in a store?
Or was the 'similar' comment just on the case/design aesthetics?
I did not own the X800D but I played around with it for a few hours at best buy. The LeEco...yeah, it's not as vibrant as triluminous Sony. But the LeEco is only slightly off. LeEco looks better case wise. The X800D was great for my needs, but it was $650-700 last I recall, essentially double the LeEco. For MY NEEDS, it was not worth the cost difference, at all. I'm not implying this is a reference grade panel or anything, but at $350 I feel that it is an incredible deal.
post #9 of 55 Old 04-19-2017, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks, I'm hoping the same for myself.

Blu ray movies and such will be watched on my JVC projector, the LeEco just for daily TV stuff, news, etc.

The case does look good in the pics and it will be mounted on the wall right below a framed art piece. Would be cool if the LeEco has the option to upload images for different screen savers w/o keeping a computer connected (I'll have to check)....my idea is to make it look like another framed art piece when not watching TV content.

Thanks for your thoughts.
post #10 of 55 Old 05-12-2017, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Are there any current owners of the Super 4 models in here? I'm considering the X55 but Rtings review gives me pause. Would love some user experiences.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/leeco/super4?uxtv=a3d8
post #11 of 55 Old 05-12-2017, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I've had my X43 for a couple of weeks now and hope to post a review within a week or 2 (just been super busy).

The short story is that at first I was really disappointed with its motion handling---it was really really really bad, like a defect-level of motion. Images in normal HD cable tv content would tear/break apart at their trailing edges. This was not fast moving stuff (actors walking across a room) and turning on the X43's motion feature to 'High' gave the expected SOE, but no difference in the image tearing. So bad I took vid and pics of it (will post in my review).

On day 2 or so, I updated the firmware/software (was like a 1gb update), and it miraculously fixed the motion/defect problem! I was flabbergasted, was so not expecting that. So on one hand I was totally stoked it was now 'fixed' (and that I would keep the X43), OTOH I was beside myself that any TV manufacture would ship out TV's operating like this.

But now that the motion issues have been put to rest, I've found the panel looks pretty damn good. Good contrast and blacks, not as bad a viewing angle as I was lead to believe (from a couple of the online site reviews).

Mind you, my needs for this TV are a bit different than most. I needed a super thin TV to wall mount in which my projection screen could drop in front of it (which it now does). The X43 is more for news and general HD cable shows, while my JVC projector is reserved for the blu ray big screen stuff. In this regard the X43 blows away my previous 7 year old 32" Sharp LED LCD. Yes that sounds like an old LCD, but back in the day it was Sharp's highest end model that was actually offered in a smaller 32" size and some reviewers had claimed they measured about 3000:1 native contrast. Yet the difference between this X43 and my Sharp is almost night and day....so either that 3000:1 native on my Sharp was a very generous measurement, or the X43 reviews that say contrast is poor or don't measure much above 3k are overly harsh.

I've found good contrast and blacks with shadow detail after some tweaks. Not OLED level blacks of course, but certainly on the high end of good LCD's. I'm sure some of the higher end Vizio's and such probably do a little better, but they weren't offered in a smaller size and/or were too thick for my wall mount requirement.
The Rting site has what appears to be a native contrast measure at about 6700:1 (the highest contrast LCD on their site), another site at 4300:1. While some other sites claim the contrast perf is poor, but list no contrast measurements.

I haven't really got into the smart TV features....I don't do streaming. But I have streamed some youtube over wifi and it works fine. In fact, I've searched youtube with vocal recognition via the mic in the remote and it works really well! This TV runs on google Android.

Ok, not much of a short story, lol. But I have more to say and post after I do a side by side comparison to my old TV in due time...
Afroteddy likes this.
post #12 of 55 Old 05-12-2017, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 57
65 inch here. Enjoying the set now after some treaks. PS4 pro HDR 4k youtube is just jaw dropping. Makes you wish everyhing was 4k HDR

Overall pleased with the purchase just wish I could have afforded the 85
Afroteddy likes this.
post #13 of 55 Old 05-13-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytvstosee View Post
65 inch here. Enjoying the set now after some treaks. PS4 pro HDR 4k youtube is just jaw dropping. Makes you wish everyhing was 4k HDR

Overall pleased with the purchase just wish I could have afforded the 85
Any lag issues with PS4 pro HDR gaming?
post #14 of 55 Old 05-20-2017, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was able to grab the 43" for $349 and a coupon brought the price down to $314. This thread helped me a lot, so thanks.

I had my heart set on the 43" Sony 800E but when rtings didn't love it, I decided on the LeEco at more than half the price.

I look forward to more user reviews and thoughts, as well as giving a review on my own when it arrives.

Like it was said above, at the price it's at, it's a low risk, no brainer.
post #15 of 55 Old 05-21-2017, 06:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm thinking about grabbing a 65 inch I'm thinking about grabbing a 65 inch but I'm wondering if anyone out there would have an opinion how this would compare to my current Samsung 1080p 3D TV the 65h7150. The prices just really appealing to me and I have a PS4 Pro so I'd love to use the 4K HDR capabilities I know this is no Vizio P-Series or Samsung quantum dot But I also don't want the quality to be worse than the 1080p said I already have. That being said my biggest issue is I know the contrast on this TV doesn't have Stella reviews but I'm not sure how the contrast would rate in comparison to my TV either as it's several years old and of course not 4K.
post #16 of 55 Old 05-26-2017, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got my 43" today and set it up. Some initial reactions:

-Video settings need to be tweaked a decent amount. I used the recommendations from rtings and made minor changes from there.

-Live HDTV (Fios) looks very good. The Yankee game looked very good, bright and clear. No motion issues at all.

-Movie channels like HBO and Showtime looked pristine. Ice Age was on HBO and it looked ridiculous. At first the movie channels didn't look great, but upping the brightness a little and a few other tweaks really helped.

-House of Cards in 4k looked perfect, really impressive.

-Regarding the Netflix content which was labeled "HDR" looked kind of weird. Like clay faces and red tinted faces. Hard to explain, but I'll have to do some research and see what's up.

-Sound is unimpressive. Speakers are clear but not great.

I hope to post more after further tweaking.
post #17 of 55 Old 06-14-2017, 09:16 PM

I recently bought this tv at Walmart at a low price. Haven't tried it out yet but was hoping to get some current opinions on it. I hear updates have made it alot better than it was when released.
wildgator25 likes this.
post #18 of 55 Old 06-15-2017, 04:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroteddy View Post
I recently bought this tv at Walmart at a low price. Haven't tried it out yet but was hoping to get some current opinions on it. I hear updates have made it alot better than it was when released.
I bought the x55 at the same place. Absolutely update to the latest firmware, which it took 2 updates for mine. I actually contemplated taking the set back until I did the updates, which drastically changed the picture.

I am using Rtings.com settings, including 2pt and 10pt, at the moment. I will calibrate hopefully sometime this weekend and post my settings for others to try if they wish to do so.

I have a Samsung 55JU7100 and am not afraid to say that this LeEco gives it a run for it's money at 1/4 the price I paid for the 7100.
Afroteddy likes this.
post #19 of 55 Old 06-15-2017, 05:50 AM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Have to agree that despite some quirky aspects and the likelihood that Leeco will fold out of the US market these tvs are a heck of a bang for the buck.
Afroteddy and wildgator25 like this.
post #20 of 55 Old 06-15-2017, 02:36 PM

I had to order to order some vesa compatible legs cause the built in legs are too wide for my stand. Looking forward to finding out if this tv is chroma 4:4:4(pc text readable) and if it do well with gaming lag. User opinions give it more credit than rtings.com reviews.
post #21 of 55 Old 06-16-2017, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

1st calibration (Updated 6/28/17)

Display Mode: Movies
Mode Settings: Movies

Brightness: Backlight 45, Brightness 49, Contrast 50, Adaptive contrast Off, Dynamic back-light Off

Color: Saturation 50, Hue 0, Color Temperature Warm

Clarity: Sharpness 45, Noise reduction Off

Motion: Off

Advanced:

Gamma: -1

Color Space: BT709

White Balance:
2pt: 48,50,54,46,50,44

10pt: Turn On

10%: 93,90,76
20%: 84,82,85
30%: 74,74,74
40%: 67,66,67
50%: 60,60,60
60%: 59,57,56
70%: 54,53,51
80%: 51,50,49
90%: 51,48,44
100%: 80,60,45

Super White: 0

Super Black: 0

For HDR Movie/Video Viewing:

Change Adaptive Contrast to Medium.

Change Dynamic Backlight to On.

Change Color Temperature to Normal.

Last edited by wildgator25; 06-28-2017 at 01:37 PM.
post #22 of 55 Old 06-24-2017, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

PS4 Pro and HDR Gaming Settings (Updated 6/28/17)

On the PS4 Pro:

Resolution: 2160 RGB
RGB Range: Full
HDR: Automatic
Deep Color Output: Automatic

These will work for regular PS4 Pro Gaming. *** Keep an eye on the 10pt settings as for some reason they may change to Off. You want them On.***

On the LeEco:

Color Space: Native
White Balance: Same as above
Super White: 64
Super Black: 64
Sharpness: 45
Saturation: 50
Hue: 0
Color Temperature: Normal
Backlight: 45
Brightness: 49
Contrast: 50
Adaptive Contrast: Off
Dynamic Backlight: Off

**************** The above appear to have NO INFLUENCE on HDR Gaming Visuals **********************

For HDR Gaming:

Sharpness: 45 or 50
Noise Reduction: Off
Saturation: 70
Color Temperature: Normal (or Cool if prefer)
Backlight: 100
Brightness: 45
Adaptive Contrast: High (Changed 6/28/17)

You will need to lower the Brightness in the in-game menu otherwise the blacks will be washed. For example, see the pictures below. I reduced Brightness to 4 on Uncharted 4. I believe I reduced by half on Horizon Zero Dawn.

When you switch back to normal movie or video watching on another input, you will need to look over your settings again. An unfortunate drawback to this TV is the lack of independent settings for each and every input. I hope to find a way into the service menu soon to enable different calibration options.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170623_205737.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	2203497   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170623_204812.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	2203505   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170623_202300.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	2203513  

Last edited by wildgator25; 06-28-2017 at 01:37 PM.
post #23 of 55 Old 06-26-2017, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgator25 View Post
On the PS4 Pro:

Resolution: 2160 RGB
RGB Range: Full
HDR: Automatic
Deep Color Output: Automatic

Prior to playing an HDR Game, change to the below settings. These will work for regular PS4 Pro Gaming. *** Keep an eye on the 10pt settings as for some reason they may change to Off. You want them On.***

On the LeEco:

Color Space: Native
White Balance: Same as above
Super White: 64
Super Black: 64
Sharpness: 45
Saturation: 50
Backlight: 45
Brightness: 49
Adaptive Contrast: Off
Dynamic Backlight: Off

For HDR Gaming:

Sharpness: 40
Noise Reduction: Off
Saturation: 70
Backlight: 100
Brightness: 45
Adaptive Contrast: Low

You will need to lower the Brightness in the in-game menu otherwise the blacks will be washed. For example, see the pictures below. I reduced Brightness to 4 on Uncharted 4. I believe I reduced by half on Horizon Zero Dawn.

When you switch back to normal movie or video watching on another input, you will need to look over your settings again. An unfortunate drawback to this TV is the lack of independent settings for each and every input. I hope to find a way into the service menu soon to enable different calibration options.
So I was trying to tweak my settings using some of this advice while playing Horizon this weekend and I kept noticing that it looked great during the daytime, but once that sun would start to set and night time kicked in, everything was heavily tinted in dark bluish green hues and looked odd. And I started losing a ton of detail in shadows. The details of her outfit were gone, everything looked so dark and navigating around the mountain paths felt like I could barely see where I was going. Grass and bushes would fade to shadowy black blobs, primarily toward the edges and corners of the TV, almost like a vignette of darkness around the main image in the middle. Have you noticed this at all? Is it just due to the exaggerated way that they did the lighting for the day/night transitions?
post #24 of 55 Old 06-26-2017, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastimret View Post
So I was trying to tweak my settings using some of this advice while playing Horizon this weekend and I kept noticing that it looked great during the daytime, but once that sun would start to set and night time kicked in, everything was heavily tinted in dark bluish green hues and looked odd. And I started losing a ton of detail in shadows. The details of her outfit were gone, everything looked so dark and navigating around the mountain paths felt like I could barely see where I was going. Grass and bushes would fade to shadowy black blobs, primarily toward the edges and corners of the TV, almost like a vignette of darkness around the main image in the middle. Have you noticed this at all? Is it just due to the exaggerated way that they did the lighting for the day/night transitions?
I will have to fiddle with Horizon some more to see this transition you speak of. I haven't played much Horizon since I bought Persona 5 and I am lost as to where I was story wise. I will try to load a previous save tonight and see if the same thing happens on my set. I will respond soon.
post #25 of 55 Old 06-26-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I will have to fiddle with Horizon some more to see this transition you speak of. I haven't played much Horizon since I bought Persona 5 and I am lost as to where I was story wise. I will try to load a previous save tonight and see if the same thing happens on my set. I will respond soon.
The game's environmental transitions from day to night were very pronounced, with sunsets painting the whole vista in red and the night sky lighting up with stars and firefly dancing in the woods. Sure, it's dark out at night, but you could still see everything clearly when I was playing it with HDR off. Turning it on during the day makes everything pop, nice and vibrant. But at night I felt like I had tunnel vision, everything that wasn't in the main field of view right in front of Aloy seems to get lost and buried in shadows. This was after adjusting the TV settings similar to what you posted and bumping the in game brightness down to around 45% based on the visibility of the circles on the test image in-game.

Find a good spot and drop it into photo mode with the HDR off and scan through the different times of day to see the day to night transition. Then turn HDR mode back on and do the same thing.
post #26 of 55 Old 06-26-2017, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The game's environmental transitions from day to night were very pronounced, with sunsets painting the whole vista in red and the night sky lighting up with stars and firefly dancing in the woods. Sure, it's dark out at night, but you could still see everything clearly when I was playing it with HDR off. Turning it on during the day makes everything pop, nice and vibrant. But at night I felt like I had tunnel vision, everything that wasn't in the main field of view right in front of Aloy seems to get lost and buried in shadows. This was after adjusting the TV settings similar to what you posted and bumping the in game brightness down to around 45% based on the visibility of the circles on the test image in-game.

Find a good spot and drop it into photo mode with the HDR off and scan through the different times of day to see the day to night transition. Then turn HDR mode back on and do the same thing.
Quick question, have you updated the LeEco to the most recent firmware? They did some adjustments to HDR from what I've read. Just wanted to make sure my settings are optimal from that standpoint. There may be issues with our panels being different also. But, I will do as you suggest.
post #27 of 55 Old 06-26-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Quick question, have you updated the LeEco to the most recent firmware? They did some adjustments to HDR from what I've read. Just wanted to make sure my settings are optimal from that standpoint. There may be issues with our panels being different also. But, I will do as you suggest.
I just set it up last weekend and ran updates till it said there were no more. So unless one came out in the past 7 days, it should be up to date. Part of me is thinking it's just due to the way they did the effects for the night time environment. It looks fine during the day in both normal and HDR, but at night it's a night-and-day difference between visibility in normal and HDR *pun totally intended*
post #28 of 55 Old 06-26-2017, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I just set it up last weekend and ran updates till it said there were no more. So unless one came out in the past 7 days, it should be up to date. Part of me is thinking it's just due to the way they did the effects for the night time environment. It looks fine during the day in both normal and HDR, but at night it's a night-and-day difference between visibility in normal and HDR *pun totally intended*
I see what you mean now. I believe this to be a side effect of the way HDR is implemented in this game in particular. For some reason, EVERYTHING is over-saturated. And, as the dusk transitions to dawn, the colors become clownish at times. Have you tried Uncharted 4 or Infamous First Light?

Last edited by wildgator25; 06-28-2017 at 01:39 PM.
post #29 of 55 Old 06-26-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I see what you mean now. I believe this to be a side effect of the way HDR is implemented in this game in particular. For some reason, EVERYTHING is over-saturated. And, as the dusk transitions to dawn, the colors become clownish at times. Have you tried Uncharted 4 of Infamous First Light?
I thought that might be the case given how good it looks like the full sunlight during day. Glad to see it wasn't just me. Those two games are next on my test list, I have both. My PS4 was overrun with my kids wanting to play Minecraft Story Mode yesterday

Edit: I also just noticed tonight that I can't get videos to play on the Hulu app. It will load my list of stuff, I can select a show, it will play the Rating screen with the "THIS SHOW IS INTENDED FOR MATURE AUDIENCES, VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED" and then it just goes to LOADING for 60 seconds before crapping out with an error message that it can't play the video right now and to check my connection. All the other streaming video apps have worked fine so far, don't know why this one is giving me problems.
post #30 of 55 Old 06-26-2017, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I thought that might be the case given how good it looks like the full sunlight during day. Glad to see it wasn't just me. Those two games are next on my test list, I have both. My PS4 was overrun with my kids wanting to play Minecraft Story Mode yesterday

Edit: I also just noticed tonight that I can't get videos to play on the Hulu app. It will load my list of stuff, I can select a show, it will play the Rating screen with the "THIS SHOW IS INTENDED FOR MATURE AUDIENCES, VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED" and then it just goes to LOADING for 60 seconds before crapping out with an error message that it can't play the video right now and to check my connection. All the other streaming video apps have worked fine so far, don't know why this one is giving me problems.
I see a little improvement by bumping the Adaptive Contrast to High and Sharpness to 50. Drop the in-game brightness to 35. See what you think about that.

Hulu, I have no clue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page