Poll: What Size Will Your Next 4K TV Be? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: What Size Will Your Next 4K TV Be?
Under 50" 6 0.78%
50" to 59" 71 9.18%
60" to 69" 227 29.37%
70" to 79" 292 37.77%
80" to 89" 90 11.64%
90" or above 87 11.25%
Voters: 773. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 43Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 12,443
Mentioned: 276 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6596 Post(s)
Liked: 11347
Poll: What Size Will Your Next 4K TV Be?

The cost per diagonal inch of a 4K TV has dropped significantly over in recent years while screen sizes have steadily increased. When it comes to impactful viewing experiences, screen dimensions are as crucial a factor as any other feature or picture quality parameter. Yes it's a cliche, but size does matter.

There's nothing complex about this question. Forget about prices and features and display technologies like HDR and wide color gamut. All this poll is about is one simple question: What size will your next TV be?
skoolpsyk, sheshechic and MikeTV69 like this.

Mark Henninger, Senior Editor at AVS Forum
imagic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 11:24 AM
Member
 
MikeTV69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
The cost per diagonal inch of a 4K TV has dropped significantly over in recent years while screen sizes have steadily increased. When it comes to impactful viewing experiences, screen dimensions are as crucial a factor as any other feature or picture quality parameter. Yes it's a cliche, but size does matter.

There's nothing complex about this question. Forget about prices and features and display technologies like HDR and wide color gamut. All this poll is about is one simple question: What size will your next TV be?
I'll be getting either a 60" or 65" for my bedroom as I already have a 75" in my living room. What brand ... is a whole other thread, haha. So many choices right now. After reading your post again ... probably a 65".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
MikeTV69 is online now  
post #3 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 11:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTV69 View Post
I'll be getting either a 60" or 65" for my bedroom as I already have a 75" in my living room. What brand ... is a whole other thread, haha. So many choices right now. After reading your post again ... probably a 65".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Same as now 65.

Cheers
ralarcon1 is offline  
 
post #4 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
andy sullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sun city west AZ
Posts: 4,120
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 773 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Bigger than my current 75 but I love this one. Probably OLED if the price is acceptable.
andy sullivan is offline  
post #5 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 6,976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Its a good poll but still you have pricing of a Sony 75" $8,999.99 ZD9, and 75" $5,999.99 940E, compared to a 65" LG E7P at $5499, while the 2016 LG model 77" G6P is going for $14,999, the 2017 will be I believe $16,999.

Not like you can totally ignore display technologies and just focus solely on size.

Oppo Beta Group
JohnAV is offline  
post #6 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 12:20 PM
Member
 
Jish9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Anything above 75-77" is a waste of money as you will get way more immersion with a projection system at that price point with far more screen real estate.
stef2, sage11x, fredxr2d2 and 1 others like this.
Jish9 is offline  
post #7 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 12:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 298
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jish9 View Post
Anything above 75-77" is a waste of money as you will get way more immersion with a projection system at that price point with far more screen real estate.
not really considering there are really on 2 options on the market for 4K projectors...sadly. They are way way way way way behind for some reason.
Dbruce13 is offline  
post #8 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 3,276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1000 Post(s)
Liked: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jish9 View Post
Anything above 75-77" is a waste of money as you will get way more immersion with a projection system at that price point with far more screen real estate.
Agreed, big flat screens don't quite get there for movies. Great for hockey though. I wouldn't call big flat screens a waste of money if you're dealing with situations where a dark room is not an option.

"Ich spreche Klingon und du?"/ "Ich spreche auch Klingon"/ "Und sie ?"/ "Wir sprechen Klingon! "
tenthplanet is offline  
post #9 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northern NJ & Myrtle Beach area, SC
Posts: 1,832
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 538
65" for our bonus room that is 25 x 17; MLP is 12-13 ft away

Primary set-up 5.1.4; Yamaha A2050, Paired w/Parsound P5 Preamp & A21 amp
Revel F206 fronts & Revel M16 rears; Outlaw X12 Sub & 4 RSL C34e in-ceilings

Secondary 5.1: Denon S900W, Polks LSiM703/704C, Polk RC80i in-ceiling rears, RSL Speedwoofer 10s
yanks1 is offline  
post #10 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 12,443
Mentioned: 276 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6596 Post(s)
Liked: 11347
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Its a good poll but still you have pricing of a Sony 75" $8,999.99 ZD9, and 75" $5,999.99 940E, compared to a 65" LG E7P at $5499, while the 2016 LG model 77" G6P is going for $14,999, the 2017 will be I believe $16,999.

Not like you can totally ignore display technologies and just focus solely on size.
what I find, and this is anecdotal, is that when people—normal consumers, not AVS forum discussion participants—are going into a TV-buying mode, they typically choose a screen size first, and then start weighing all the other factors. My sample size is not all that large, but that has been my experience.

Mark Henninger, Senior Editor at AVS Forum
imagic is offline  
post #11 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 01:05 PM
Senior Member
 
DRaven72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wolverine Lake, Mi
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jish9 View Post
Anything above 75-77" is a waste of money as you will get way more immersion with a projection system at that price point with far more screen real estate.
I went from a 73" TV to a 100 inch Projector system and can't agree with this. Why? Here:

1 Hanging screen, getting projector position right whether hanging it or table setting, can be and is generally a pain in the ass.

2 REAL 4K. All this e-shift and wobulation is a boat load of garbage to deal with. Want true 4K, head north of $10K

3 Want HDR and Dolby Vision. Just weak HDR. Not happening yet.

4 I have a HT3050 with an AEON boarderless 100 inch screen calibrated and as far as immersion goes, it can't hold a candle to the little 65" E6 OLED in the other room. I watched Warcraft in Dolby Vision on the E6 and on the HT3050, and as far as immersion goes, I couldn't get over how much better the OLED's crisp, colorful picture was. Dolby Vision was beautiful.

And as soon as we starting getting OLED/Qled at 85-100 inches under or around $10K, that's a wrap on projectors. And by the looks of LG and Samsung expanding production in OLED, it will be here sooner than most think.

I understand tech development and projector companies need to quit doing minor updates every year. Look at a cell phone and all the tech in that little box. Yet new 4K Benq 8050 is a tank? With no HDR, 3d, or DV? Die development are in the 14nm, 12nm, and now 7nm finfet designs for processing chips from cpu to gpu. Time for Ti to outsource a real true 4K DLP chip and others to follow. Sorry laser projection isn't the answer either, made the projector box bigger, more power usage then LED and basically no resale value after original owner, since the laser will have to be replaced by new owner.($$$ thousands there?)

I have everything set for a 4K projector from 7.1 AVR to 4K Blu-ray. Will wait for DLP with Dolby Vision, but if not in the next year or two, will get an 85 inch or bigger OLED/Qled because it will have what I want on it and less on my power bill to boot!
DeadEd, MCaugusto, KidHorn and 5 others like this.

Cool Beans.
DRaven72 is offline  
post #12 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 6,976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
what I find, and this is anecdotal, is that when people—normal consumers, not AVS forum discussion participants—are going into a TV-buying mode, they typically choose a screen size first, and then start weighing all the other factors. My sample size is not all that large, but that has been my experience.
Also of interest is how a lot of consumers consider a smaller size at first and then end up buying a larger display in the end.

Yes when several of us were upgrading to UHD displays, the first consideration was indeed screen size, what would fit best with a TV stand rather then wall installation for example in your room. Next came involved technology in particular future proofing.
King Richard likes this.

Oppo Beta Group
JohnAV is offline  
post #13 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 01:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Also of interest is how a lot of consumers consider a smaller size at first and then end up buying a larger display in the end.
This is totally me. When I started my current search for a 4K TV, I had never even considered getting anything over 65". But at some point during my research, I got to fantasizing about a 75", and now I can't see myself going any smaller than that.

So yeah, definitely going 75".
King Richard likes this.
kyle2371 is offline  
post #14 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 01:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Jim Pearce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Grimsby, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I know it will be 55" because I bought a 55" LG C7 OLED this morning at Best Buy. I really wanted a 65" but that would interfere with my wife keeping plants on the ends of the mantel! With a 12' viewing distance I'll get no advantage from 4K, and I hope it lasts as long as our fourteen year old Pioneer Elite Pro-1000HD did. At least it was $9500 Canadian less expensive.

5 Paradigm Studio 100 v3s, Servo-15 sub, Bryston 4B & 6B SST, Anthem AVM 20, Oppo bdp-95, LG 55" oled C7
Jim Pearce is offline  
post #15 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mthomas47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,787
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3399 Post(s)
Liked: 4999
Some mixed-use rooms are not really conducive to projectors. In my case, I went from a 65" to a 73" and then finally to a 92" DLP TV some years ago. I really like it! And, once you get used to the immersive properties of a larger screen, it is very difficult to go down in size, even for HDR and 4K.

I will be extremely interested to see what the available screen sizes (and prices) will be in another two or three years. But, at some point in the hopefully not too distant future, I have to hope that there will be reasonably affordable 100" displays available.

Regards,
Mike
mthomas47 is offline  
post #16 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 149
I would love to say 75, but realistically, 65 most likely, unless ultra big screen OLEDs come down a lot in price. I can't go back from OLED for movies, and I see no reason to spend good money on a tv that won't be my main set.

Well, I say all that, but in a lot of ways I hope I don't need to upgrade for another 5-10 years, so I guess we'll see at that time. And looking at it that way the next 4k set could be a 32-43" OLED for the bedroom depending on how that market goes, moving the 32" insignia to a secondary room or (potential) kid's room.

Setups:
Spoiler!

Last edited by dkfan9; 05-24-2017 at 02:04 PM.
dkfan9 is offline  
post #17 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 01:59 PM
Senior Member
 
oldsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Citrus Hts., CA
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 173
A 40"+ for the dressing area in the bathroom. Go to big and you might forget you're supposed to be getting ready for work!

Main 4K Setup: LG OLED55E6P, Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer SC-95 7.1.4 Atmos, Hsu HB-1, HC-1 speakers, (4) Dayton Audio IO655B speakers, Hsu VTF-2 and VTF-3 subs, Roku Ultra, Dish Network Joey, Monoprice premium certified HDMI cables
oldsteve is offline  
post #18 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GregLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waimanalo HI
Posts: 4,183
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 868 Post(s)
Liked: 296
65". I'd get something bigger, but I can't fit more into my room with my current sound system and TV stand.

Greg Lee
GregLee is offline  
post #19 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mastermaybe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7,666
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaven72 View Post
I went from a 73" TV to a 100 inch Projector system and can't agree with this. Why? Here:

1 Hanging screen, getting projector position right whether hanging it or table setting, can be and is generally a pain in the ass.

2 REAL 4K. All this e-shift and wobulation is a boat load of garbage to deal with. Want true 4K, head north of $10K

3 Want HDR and Dolby Vision. Just weak HDR. Not happening yet.

4 I have a HT3050 with an AEON boarderless 100 inch screen calibrated and as far as immersion goes, it can't hold a candle to the little 65" E6 OLED in the other room. I watched Warcraft in Dolby Vision on the E6 and on the HT3050, and as far as immersion goes, I couldn't get over how much better the OLED's crisp, colorful picture was. Dolby Vision was beautiful.

And as soon as we starting getting OLED/Qled at 85-100 inches under or around $10K, that's a wrap on projectors. And by the looks of LG and Samsung expanding production in OLED, it will be here sooner than most think.

I understand tech development and projector companies need to quit doing minor updates every year. Look at a cell phone and all the tech in that little box. Yet new 4K Benq 8050 is a tank? With no HDR, 3d, or DV? Die development are in the 14nm, 12nm, and now 7nm finfet designs for processing chips from cpu to gpu. Time for Ti to outsource a real true 4K DLP chip and others to follow. Sorry laser projection isn't the answer either, made the projector box bigger, more power usage then LED and basically no resale value after original owner, since the laser will have to be replaced by new owner.($$$ thousands there?)

I have everything set for a 4K projector from 7.1 AVR to 4K Blu-ray. Will wait for DLP with Dolby Vision, but if not in the next year or two, will get an 85 inch or bigger OLED/Qled because it will have what I want on it and less on my power bill to boot!

"And as soon as we starting getting OLED/Qled at 85-100 inches under or around $10K, that's a wrap on projectors. And by the looks of LG and Samsung expanding production in OLED, it will be here sooner than most think."

Sorry but there's no way on earth this will hold up. Comparing a $10K 85-100" screen to a 100, 125, 150" PJ set-up for ~ $2500 - $3,000 is not even in the ballpark.

$5K MIGHT start swaying some people, but $10k vs $3k won't ever fly. And yes, you can put a damn good image on the wall for $3k.

And this all assumes PJ tech will remain stagnant and not come down in price, itself. Neither will be the case, of course. More lumens every year, and I'd bet next year we'll finally see some REAL 4K options dropping below $5k.

Projectors will eventually go "DINO", but certainly not in the next 5 years. Large screen televisions will still be WAY too expensive for most of those who want a REAL big picture- and 85" is not a real big picture. Just imagine what a "lowly" $2000 PJ will do in two years, lol.

James
sage11x and bombertodd like this.

My Parlor and Theatre: "Jimbo's Dugout" : http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...re-parlor.html

Actual phone call (see pic to left):
 Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"
Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."
mastermaybe is offline  
post #20 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 6,976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsteve View Post
A 40"+ for the dressing area in the bathroom. Go to big and you might forget you're supposed to be getting ready for work!
See 4 Ways to Hide Your TV in Plain Sight - Sound & Vision

Notice the bathroom image

Oppo Beta Group
JohnAV is offline  
post #21 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 02:33 PM
Senior Member
 
the7mcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 126
I started out wanting a 55 moving up from a 47 which I thought was big.... and then bought a 60 and then a week later took that back and have the 65 I have right now. I'm wishing that I had gotten something like the 940e at 75 inches though.

My plan with TVs is to always go up and not back down (ideally).

With that said, hopefully when I'm looking to buy another TV in 7-10 years I can buy a 75-80 inch OLED at "reasonable" prices.


BUT THEN... I'm also thinking that 8k TVs might be in full effect by then so for people buying TVs that are 8k I don't think they'd want anything smaller than a 75inch to begin with.
MikeTV69 and King Richard like this.
the7mcs is offline  
post #22 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
kamouflage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mesquite, TX
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 97
We sit 9' away from our 60" in the living room. Next TV will be something in the 70"+ range like the LG wallpaper tv. I won't be upgrading until that style tv is in my price range which will hopefully be the case in 5 or so years from now.

PSN ID: javant86
Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
kamouflage is offline  
post #23 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 1,999
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 962 Post(s)
Liked: 1133
I will be going 65 OLED

When? I dunno! I'm working on the surround system so at least another 2 to 3 years.

Of course, by then the 8K OLED will be out but my space maxes out at around 75 inches so I figure it out then.
18Hurts is offline  
post #24 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
biliam1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 1,564
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 248
@imagic, how about an option for front projection?

Maybe something a la: "Front Projection offers the only economical option for the size I want"
fredxr2d2 and King Richard like this.
biliam1982 is offline  
post #25 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,122
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1784 Post(s)
Liked: 1535
Probably 65". I would never even consider a TV larger than 75". Even over 65" and I'm starting to look at ultra short throw projectors.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #26 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 04:19 PM
Member
 
Jish9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post
"And as soon as we starting getting OLED/Qled at 85-100 inches under or around $10K, that's a wrap on projectors. And by the looks of LG and Samsung expanding production in OLED, it will be here sooner than most think."

Sorry but there's no way on earth this will hold up. Comparing a $10K 85-100" screen to a 100, 125, 150" PJ set-up for ~ $2500 - $3,000 is not even in the ballpark.

$5K MIGHT start swaying some people, but $10k vs $3k won't ever fly. And yes, you can put a damn good image on the wall for $3k.

And this all assumes PJ tech will remain stagnant and not come down in price, itself. Neither will be the case, of course. More lumens every year, and I'd bet next year we'll finally see some REAL 4K options dropping below $5k.

Projectors will eventually go "DINO", but certainly not in the next 5 years. Large screen televisions will still be WAY too expensive for most of those who want a REAL big picture- and 85" is not a real big picture. Just imagine what a "lowly" $2000 PJ will do in two years, lol.

James
To each his own. I happen to agree with James as I can get a pretty amazing image on my Runco at 1080p, but I happen to like a film like texture when I watch movies and not the razor sharpness of OLED for example. As for the cost difference, there is a price point beyond which consumers refuse to buy regardless of picture quality or features. In today's dollars, that seems to be between 70"-75" for a lot of people. As to the comment about laser needing replacement, they are rated at between 20K-30K hours like LEDs.
Jish9 is offline  
post #27 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
Methodical_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MD
Posts: 772
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Have a 65" Plasma now and just can't go with the same size and definitely not smaller. I want the 75" and will wait them out until those year end sales. I am perfectly happy with last year's models. I will hold on to it for a good while like I've done the Plasma. I am not interested in any projectors.

HT Configuration: 7.2.4 l Panasonic Plasma (65") l Denon X4300H l Polk LSiM 707s, 706c, FXi-30 l Infinity ERS-610 l SVS PB-2000 (2x) l Monolith 7 l Behringer A500 (2x) l Oppo BD-93 l MH mmf-9.3 l Cassette Deck.

"Never be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs build the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Last edited by Methodical_1; 05-24-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Methodical_1 is offline  
post #28 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
reallynotnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,059
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 274
Yeah I have a 65" right now, so my next TV basically has to be 70"+ Hopefully 77" OLEDs will become affordable by the time I get the itch to upgrade, but I can't complain too much about 65" at 8.5ft away.

Vizio 2016 P65, Denon x2200, Elac C5, A4 and 2x F5
PS4 Pro, AMD 7950, 360, and Plex
(Plex Profile for P65)
reallynotnick is offline  
post #29 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 05:11 PM
Member
 
jwstegbauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I am waiting, not so patiently for the release of Sony's XBR-77A1E OLED.........Hopefully this September
jwstegbauer is offline  
post #30 of 108 Old 05-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Member
 
dizzyscure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Im really wanting a 100"+ TV, just too much money right now.
dizzyscure is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
4k tv , screen size

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off