LG 75SJ8570--First Impressions - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #1 of 95 Old 06-12-2017, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 26
LG 75SJ8570--First Impressions

I bought this model at a local retailer for a really great price (see other thread) and set it up over the weekend. It was a total impulse purchase as I have been debating between the Sony 75x900e or 75x940e and really thought I would be buying one of those in the future. Below are my initial impressions and specific scenario. Take it for what it's worth

Setup / Intended Viewing
The television is in a 14' x 20' room and currently sitting on its stand. The room has lots of windows, but can get completely dark. I plan to eventually wall mount it and use a projector with a ceiling 120' screen drop down in front for "family movie night" so was really glad at the depth and size. It's only 2.2 inches thick where the Sony's referenced above are 2.5-2.63" so it will be perfect for wall mounting and not stick out too far. For size, I was worried about viewing distance since it's "only" 75 inches but it's replacing a 55" plasma television so it feels completely immersive watching content. I can't believe I was actually contemplating paying 6+ grand for the LG 86sj9570. Again, this will not be my main movie watching television once i get the projector but I'm now in no rush after watching the set. It's quite the upgrade and would be fine for this room long term and for movie nights if I change my mind.

The packaging / box was great, but the stand's holes were not drilled properly so i had to spend a few minutes with a dremmel making the holes bigger so the stand could be put together. Disappointed for sure, but I’ve had to do this on furniture and other items before so manufacturing QC must not be a booming industry.

The remote (which I’m sure I’ll only use to turn on/off the television) is really cool as it acts as a pointer and mouse which is extremely accurate and much nicer than using arrows to go up/down and select different settings.

I have an Nvidia Shield that streams premium cable and my .mkv blu ray / dvd movie collection from a Plex Media Server on my Nvdia Shield Pro and HDHomeRun Prime in another room. This runs over coax into a MoCa Network adapter so I can use a wired connection into this television. I have the lowest internet package from Verizon (now Frontier) so no upgraded speeds. I have this Nvidia Shield and a PS4 plugged into a receiver + speakers and then going to HDMI out into the television.

Gaming
I set everything up and turned on the television and then let my kid play the PS4 because he was bugging me. I watched him play on/off for about an hour on whatever default settings the television had and was blown away at the picture. The blacks were nice and dark, no motion issues, no problem with video gaming. I didn’t tweak anything so I wouldn’t be concerned at all about gaming on this television since it does have a game mode (which I haven’t tried yet and probably won’t worry about)

Viewing
I never watched any physical media content, but started out by watching “Man in the High Castle” on Amazon Prime. I tried for an hour to locate 4K/HDR content on Amazon Prime app (both on the Nvidia Shield and within the LG television app) but never found anything that would indicate it was in 4K/HDR. I don’t know if these are separated and I was doing something wrong in searching, if Android TV (which is behind the LG and Shield) doesn’t allow 4K through Amazon Prime since Amazon and Google hate each other, or if the content just streams at best available. This initial show looked okay, but not fantastic—again, just default settings on the television. The picture was clear but kind of muted colors and the lighting looked a little weird in some scenes.

Then, I searched for 4K content on the YouTube app on the Shield and the picture was gorgeous—really nice! I watched some movie previews and a few other items in 4K. Then I decided to play with the settings for the first time on the television and noticed there is an “Eco Mode” turned on. When I turned it off, the television immediately got brighter (there are multiple settings for Eco Mode but I just shut it off and let the television adjust using whatever power it needs).

But, then I had a real breakthrough. On the HDMI ports there is a setting for each one labeled wide color gamut (or something like that) that is disabled by default. I switched it on for HDMI 1 (the only port I am using) and it’s like the television came alive. I went back to Amazon Prime and flipped on the first movie—Daddy’s Home—and this picture is amazing. I can’t figure out how to verify if this is using HDR or 4k or what but it has to be using some upscaling or something. The skin tones were amazing (this turned out to be a great movie to check that out because the characters seem to have their shirts off a lot) and the lights in various scenes really popped. Black leather jackets blended nicely into the television and colors popped.

I then downloaded HBO Go on my Shield and watched “The Criminal” and had the same experience. Some kind of HDR or upscaling had to be working because the lighting was something I had never seen before on a movie. It was really, really nice. I like a warm yellow color to movies and this beats my Panasonic Plasma hands down in color, brightness, etc.

Initial Thoughts
I only got to watch two movies, some YouTube clips, and a few hours of gaming on a PS4 but I would certainly recommend this television. I tried searching for issues—vertical banding, blooming, etc—but went crazy trying to locate them. I did notice during the credits of the last movie I watched that you could see a faint white color in the middle of the screen where they were rolling so assume that has to do with no FALD. I didn’t notice any of that in my limited real world viewing and asked the wife if she saw it but then she thought I was crazy. There was no motion blur on games (didn’t check out sports yet) and was really, really glad there was no soap opera effect on anything.

So, for a 75” television with the peace of mind of HDR10 + Dolby Vision you should give this LG a look.
robo24, smokozuna and woodhead2 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 Old 06-12-2017, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got the same tv and HDR looks amazing on it. For amazon the movies or show has to say UHD in the corner then you know if it is HDR. Can you share your settings?
post #3 of 95 Old 06-12-2017, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Really interested in this set as I was contemplating the same models as you but in a 65" size due to budget constraints. Most viewing will be off center and I think the size would be perfect. Hoping I can find for $2500 or so in the coming months

post #4 of 95 Old 06-12-2017, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambonea4d View Post
I got the same tv and HDR looks amazing on it. For amazon the movies or show has to say UHD in the corner then you know if it is HDR. Can you share your settings?
Yes, will write them down. I didn't tweak anything manually--just flipped the HDMI setting and the Eco Mode. How are you accessing Amazon Prime and can you give me an example? I must have looked up 10 different items and never saw the UHD in the corner of the pic or in the description of the item. But, the picture looked so good that I'm thinking it really was HDR and I just couldn't verify.
post #5 of 95 Old 06-12-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknicklson View Post
Really interested in this set as I was contemplating the same models as you but in a 65" size due to budget constraints. Most viewing will be off center and I think the size would be perfect. Hoping I can find for $2500 or so in the coming months
This Tv has been 1799 at Frys for the last 2 weeks.
post #6 of 95 Old 06-12-2017, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
No frys near me unfortunately.
post #7 of 95 Old 06-12-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbaggins View Post
Yes, will write them down. I didn't tweak anything manually--just flipped the HDMI setting and the Eco Mode. How are you accessing Amazon Prime and can you give me an example? I must have looked up 10 different items and never saw the UHD in the corner of the pic or in the description of the item. But, the picture looked so good that I'm thinking it really was HDR and I just couldn't verify.

Using the in tv app it looks like this pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amazon1.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	2185409  
post #8 of 95 Old 06-12-2017, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Using the in tv app it looks like this pic.
Thank you so much! I'm going to search for content tonight. Are you happy with the television? I don't want to oversell it, but I was expecting much, much less or something seriously wrong with the picture. The exact opposite was true.
post #9 of 95 Old 06-12-2017, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
I am curious which area you are in that Fry's has it for this price "This Tv has been 1799 at Frys for the last 2 weeks.". The Fry's near me has this for actually more than Best Buy does. Fry's here has it for $3300.00
post #10 of 95 Old 06-12-2017, 04:51 PM

https://slickdeals.net/f/10198644-lg...-in-store-only

They've ran this deal twice I'm in Houston. The tv is awesome for the price I think.
post #11 of 95 Old 06-12-2017, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
https://slickdeals.net/f/10198644-lg...-in-store-only

They've ran this deal twice I'm in Houston. The tv is awesome for the price I think.

All the Frys have it here in the dallas area. The price in store is actually $2299 and you have to use an email code to drop $500 off. Interesting the other poster said Houston so maybe it's only in Texas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #12 of 95 Old 06-12-2017, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
It is also $1799 for the 65" at Best Buy right now. Same price as Fry's. The special price at Fry's for 75" was in store only so it leaves us out of luck. The online price would make it $2300 after the $500 coupon. I did find a BB that would match that but I think 75" is too big for my area.
post #13 of 95 Old 06-12-2017, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
So, for a 75” television with the peace of mind of HDR10 + Dolby Vision you should give this LG a look.
Great review of the TV. Glad you like it. I'm looking at 65" version myself. Every store I go to (mainly BB and PC Richard) though they continue to tout the Sony X900e over the LG SJ8500(8570) for a variety of reasons. This TV at BB and most other places has been $1999 but has just dropped to $1799. Wonder if that's because Sony is outselling when priced equally and the $200 price drop will get some over to the SJ8500. There are really not reviews on this yet but I expect them to be basically the same as others. I have an old LG 1080P and I think it has a great pic but also have a 2015 Sony 4K that looks even better. What to do?

post #14 of 95 Old 06-20-2017, 06:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Any updates on your thoughts on the TV over the past week? There just aren't any detailed professional reviews I can find anywhere. The Frys deal is still going on and is such an awesome deal for a 2017 75" 4K TV that has both Dolby Vision and HDR10 support, it's almost unbelievable. When you factor in the fact that the Frys promo says they pay the sales tax for you as well, this TV is under half the price of any of Sony's 2017 75" sets. I'm just a bit cautious on pulling the trigger on something that so many of the enthusiasts seem to thumb their noses at (a non-Sony or non-OLED TV with an IPS panel). I've been happy with my 2014 mid-range Samsung 65" H7150 1080p set which I'm sure pales in comparison to this TV. I just really want a larger set with 4K, support for DV and HDR10, good OS and low input lag for gaming. Dead-on center we sit about 12" from the TV. Off angle, it is probably closer to 14-15" based on the length of our couch. I know IPS helps with off-angle viewing, but I fear the dreaded non-black blacks that IPS supposedly exhibits. My old Samsung is edge lit with a VA panel and things that are black, look black and there is almost no blooming around bright objects. Maybe I'm just not as anal as the enthusiasts about the small details that you really have to nitpick to see.
post #15 of 95 Old 06-20-2017, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMIL View Post
Any updates on your thoughts on the TV over the past week? There just aren't any detailed professional reviews I can find anywhere. The Frys deal is still going on and is such an awesome deal for a 2017 75" 4K TV that has both Dolby Vision and HDR10 support, it's almost unbelievable. When you factor in the fact that the Frys promo says they pay the sales tax for you as well, this TV is under half the price of any of Sony's 2017 75" sets. I'm just a bit cautious on pulling the trigger on something that so many of the enthusiasts seem to thumb their noses at (a non-Sony or non-OLED TV with an IPS panel). I've been happy with my 2014 mid-range Samsung 65" H7150 1080p set which I'm sure pales in comparison to this TV. I just really want a larger set with 4K, support for DV and HDR10, good OS and low input lag for gaming. Dead-on center we sit about 12" from the TV. Off angle, it is probably closer to 14-15" based on the length of our couch. I know IPS helps with off-angle viewing, but I fear the dreaded non-black blacks that IPS supposedly exhibits. My old Samsung is edge lit with a VA panel and things that are black, look black and there is almost no blooming around bright objects. Maybe I'm just not as anal as the enthusiasts about the small details that you really have to nitpick to see.

Get it. But, the sales tax promo doesn't apply to this television (unless they are running a newer promo).

This is an outstanding set. I still can't get over the price. I've now had a chance to watch recorded television for kids shows and some movies and upscaling and motion are great from cable. I've watched a lot of UHD from Amazon Prime on both the tv app and through my Nvidia Shield and it's fantastic. My kids seem obsessed with YouTube and even lower quality stuff upscales nicely. I downloaded and played Half Life 2 last night on the shield and turned on Game Mode and think I could tell a slight difference on response time but I really did it to just try it. I can't tell a lag on non game mode so am not sure if I will do that in the future.

Ive also now been using ARC because my receiver will pass through 4K but not HDCP 2.2 so the shield is plugged into HDMI 1 and I have the receiver plugged into HDMI 2. What's great about this is they are linked so when I turn on the shield it turns on the television instantly and the sound will go through the tv speakers. My kids and wife and anyone else can now just use the shield remote for everything. If I want surround, I just turn on the receiver and it switches the sound automatically to go through the external speakers. I read horror stories of ARC but it works way better than I expected.

Off axis viewing is fine. We sit about 20 feet back and the room is 14 feet wide so not everyone sits dead center. Another thing is the tv isn't as fragile as I was expecting. My two year old is always trying to touch it and handprints are everywhere but Im not worried about hands making a lasting impression if he pressed too hard (unlike some other sets). For less than 2 grand I don't think another 75 inch television could match this one unless you wait until Black Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #16 of 95 Old 06-20-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Get it. But, the sales tax promo doesn't apply to this television (unless they are running a newer promo).

This is an outstanding set. I still can't get over the price. I've now had a chance to watch recorded television for kids shows and some movies and upscaling and motion are great from cable. I've watched a lot of UHD from Amazon Prime on both the tv app and through my Nvidia Shield and it's fantastic. My kids seem obsessed with YouTube and even lower quality stuff upscales nicely. I downloaded and played Half Life 2 last night on the shield and turned on Game Mode and think I could tell a slight difference on response time but I really did it to just try it. I can't tell a lag on non game mode so am not sure if I will do that in the future.

Ive also now been using ARC because my receiver will pass through 4K but not HDCP 2.2 so the shield is plugged into HDMI 1 and I have the receiver plugged into HDMI 2. What's great about this is they are linked so when I turn on the shield it turns on the television instantly and the sound will go through the tv speakers. My kids and wife and anyone else can now just use the shield remote for everything. If I want surround, I just turn on the receiver and it switches the sound automatically to go through the external speakers. I read horror stories of ARC but it works way better than I expected.

Off axis viewing is fine. We sit about 20 feet back and the room is 14 feet wide so not everyone sits dead center. Another thing is the tv isn't as fragile as I was expecting. My two year old is always trying to touch it and handprints are everywhere but Im not worried about hands making a lasting impression if he pressed too hard (unlike some other sets). For less than 2 grand I don't think another 75 inch television could match this one unless you wait until Black Friday.

Thanks for the response.

So it sounds like black levels are fine under normal viewing conditions?

What are the specs on the HDMI ports, if you know? I know not all HDMI ports on most TVs have the same capabilities

Any idea what the dimensions are for the box it came in? Assuming I decide to pull the trigger, I want to make sure it will fit in my minivan before I drive 45 min to the nearest Frys.

post #17 of 95 Old 06-20-2017, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the response.

So it sounds like black levels are fine under normal viewing conditions?

What are the specs on the HDMI ports, if you know? I know not all HDMI ports on most TVs have the same capabilities

Any idea what the dimensions are for the box it came in? Assuming I decide to pull the trigger, I want to make sure it will fit in my minivan before I drive 45 min to the nearest Frys.

Blacks look really good in normal viewing conditions and in complete darkness. It is better than my Panny plasma. However, you do see the big grayish vertical bar when a logo is dead center of the screen by itself or like a slightly gray freeway where the end credits of something will scroll in the middle of the screen, but that's all i have noticed. On normal viewing you won't notice --even white subtitles look perfect with no haloing. It's really only been gray in the scenarios I mentioned and I even had to point that out to my wife.

The HDMI ports are all identical (HDCP 2.2, wide color, etc) so you can plug 4k material into any. The only difference is HDMI 2 which also supports ARC.

The box is 72 x 44 x 9 (according to bhphotovideo) but I can tell you it's big. You will need to take the front passenger seats out if they don't lay flat in the minivan. But, Frys delivered mine for $50 so that's what I did

post #18 of 95 Old 06-20-2017, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by njray View Post
Great review of the TV. Glad you like it. I'm looking at 65" version myself. Every store I go to (mainly BB and PC Richard) though they continue to tout the Sony X900e over the LG SJ8500(8570) for a variety of reasons. This TV at BB and most other places has been $1999 but has just dropped to $1799. Wonder if that's because Sony is outselling when priced equally and the $200 price drop will get some over to the SJ8500. There are really not reviews on this yet but I expect them to be basically the same as others. I have an old LG 1080P and I think it has a great pic but also have a 2015 Sony 4K that looks even better. What to do?

They tout it because it's superior to this model in every way outside of viewing angles. The reason you would be buying this is because you can get the 75" for a pretty good deal, which is difficult to achieve. There is no reason to buy the 65" (unless you ABSOLUTELY need that huge viewing angle), because you can get last year's KS-series or the P65 for cheaper and they're also superior in every way. No matter how you slice it, a 5000:1+ contrast is going to be very apparent compared to a ~1000:1 contrast ratio. The blacks will never compete, and it's quite apparent side by side. It's also the reason these IPS models do not rate well. This year's IPS is better than last year's, but there has not been a magic revolution for IPS, even with quantum dots, that allow it to actually compete.
post #19 of 95 Old 06-20-2017, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
They tout it because it's superior to this model in every way outside of viewing angles. The reason you would be buying this is because you can get the 75" for a pretty good deal, which is difficult to achieve. There is no reason to buy the 65" (unless you ABSOLUTELY need that huge viewing angle), because you can get last year's KS-series or the P65 for cheaper and they're also superior in every way. No matter how you slice it, a 5000:1+ contrast is going to be very apparent compared to a ~1000:1 contrast ratio. The blacks will never compete, and it's quite apparent side by side. It's also the reason these IPS models do not rate well. This year's IPS is better than last year's, but there has not been a magic revolution for IPS, even with quantum dots, that allow it to actually compete.
I agree with this. This set is great for the price and what it is. You really shouldn't compare a VA panel television that is twice the price to this IPS set.

Rtings just posted a review of the 55SJ8500 http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/sj8500

I'm not sure if the 8570 is different than the 8500, but the review speaks to my experience. The lower black contrast ratio is to be expected, but I can tell you that I don't notice it in normal viewing. The second picture under "Black Uniformity" is what i was describing I could see during the credits of a movie. While watching content I've never said "wow, that's gray and not black" I do, however, disagree with the brightness. The first thing I had to do was figure out how to turn down the brightness because it was hurting my eyes.
smokozuna likes this.
post #20 of 95 Old 06-20-2017, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
I agree with this. This set is great for the price and what it is. You really shouldn't compare a VA panel television that is twice the price to this IPS set.

Rtings just posted a review of the 55SJ8500 http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/sj8500

I'm not sure if the 8570 is different than the 8500, but the review speaks to my experience. The lower black contrast ratio is to be expected, but I can tell you that I don't notice it in normal viewing. The second picture under "Black Uniformity" is what i was describing I could see during the credits of a movie. While watching content I've never said "wow, that's gray and not black" I do, however, disagree with the brightness. The first thing I had to do was figure out how to turn down the brightness because it was hurting my eyes.
if price was no object would you buy this 75" LG or 65" OLED?
post #21 of 95 Old 06-20-2017, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
if price was no object would you buy this 75" LG or 65" OLED?

This set because of the 75". There is someone on this forum that keeps saying size is always more impressive than slightly better x,y,z and I totally agree with him.

Also, I saw the new 65 oled in Costco and they were playing Disney's Moana from Blu Ray and the motion was so terrible. I'm sure it was some setting or something but ill be in the market for a new 65 inch after summer and think I'll look at LED instead. Yes, I'll look at LG but my budget will also be about $3500 so that opens the Sony options as well. But I won't write off LG ISP panels completely as this room is not light controlled and watching will be from all angles, kitchen, dinner table, etc.

I agree about going bigger for the same price if you can--even if it's not the best of the best. In my opinion that stuff goes away quickly but you can never get over "i should have gone bigger"

smokozuna likes this.
post #22 of 95 Old 06-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
This set because of the 75". There is someone on this forum that keeps saying size is always more impressive than slightly better x,y,z and I totally agree with him.

Also, I saw the new 65 oled in Costco and they were playing Disney's Moana from Blu Ray and the motion was so terrible. I'm sure it was some setting or something but ill be in the market for a new 65 inch after summer and think I'll look at LED instead. Yes, I'll look at LG but my budget will also be about $3500 so that opens the Sony options as well. But I won't write off LG ISP panels completely as this room is not light controlled and watching will be from all angles, kitchen, dinner table, etc.

I agree about going bigger for the same price if you can--even if it's not the best of the best. In my opinion that stuff goes away quickly but you can never get over "i should have gone bigger"

perfectly worded. thank you
post #23 of 95 Old 06-20-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Blacks look really good in normal viewing conditions and in complete darkness. It is better than my Panny plasma. However, you do see the big grayish vertical bar when a logo is dead center of the screen by itself or like a slightly gray freeway where the end credits of something will scroll in the middle of the screen, but that's all i have noticed. On normal viewing you won't notice --even white subtitles look perfect with no haloing. It's really only been gray in the scenarios I mentioned and I even had to point that out to my wife.

The HDMI ports are all identical (HDCP 2.2, wide color, etc) so you can plug 4k material into any. The only difference is HDMI 2 which also supports ARC.

The box is 72 x 44 x 9 (according to bhphotovideo) but I can tell you it's big. You will need to take the front passenger seats out if they don't lay flat in the minivan. But, Frys delivered mine for $50 so that's what I did

Awesome, this sounds pretty good. I read the Rtings review of the SJ8500 and while it sounds like a mediocre TV, it seems worth it just for the size/price ratio. Probably a good stopgap while we wait for OLED/QLED to mature some more. I'll probably be the only one that notices any issues anyways, the wife and kids will be clueless and hopefully more impressed by the 10" increase in size and the HDR pop.

While I'm sure the 75" Sony family of LED TVs are superior in picture quality, the higher price, lack of DV on the lower end models, and really laggy Android OS are a huge turn-off to me.
post #24 of 95 Old 06-21-2017, 03:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Awesome, this sounds pretty good. I read the Rtings review of the SJ8500 and while it sounds like a mediocre TV, it seems worth it just for the size/price ratio. Probably a good stopgap while we wait for OLED/QLED to mature some more. I'll probably be the only one that notices any issues anyways, the wife and kids will be clueless and hopefully more impressed by the 10" increase in size and the HDR pop.

While I'm sure the 75" Sony family of LED TVs are superior in picture quality, the higher price, lack of DV on the lower end models, and really laggy Android OS are a huge turn-off to me.
Consumer Reports gave this tv a good review and recommended it. They clearly stated that it wasn't the best 75" tv, but for the price it was recommended.

I got mine via the Beach Camera/ebay deal that is ongoing - 2099 free shipping. No Frys near me. Should get it Monday.

For me, I wasn't prepared to spend more money on the more expensive 75" tvs.
post #25 of 95 Old 06-21-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogmesser View Post
Consumer Reports gave this tv a good review and recommended it. They clearly stated that it wasn't the best 75" tv, but for the price it was recommended.

I got mine via the Beach Camera/ebay deal that is ongoing - 2099 free shipping. No Frys near me. Should get it Monday.

For me, I wasn't prepared to spend more money on the more expensive 75" tvs.
Nice. Let us know how it looks once you get it. The Fry's promo is gone again, so I'm going to hold off (also waiting for a new cash back credit card to arrive in the mail).
post #26 of 95 Old 06-22-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:

This video shows the gray vertical bands pretty well when you are on a dark screen (2:55 into the video):

I'm assuming this is what you have seen on your set?
post #27 of 95 Old 06-22-2017, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Nice. Let us know how it looks once you get it. The Fry's promo is gone again, so I'm going to hold off (also waiting for a new cash back credit card to arrive in the mail).
The Frys deal is still there.
post #28 of 95 Old 06-22-2017, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
This video shows the gray vertical bands pretty well when you are on a dark screen (2:55 into the video): https://youtu.be/yL8IFZj7ODc?t=2m55s

I'm assuming this is what you have seen on your set?
Yep, that's it. But you really only see it on a complete dark screen like in the video. I've never noticed it on content and I've been watching most of my stuff in complete darkness.
post #29 of 95 Old 06-22-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel7 View Post
The Frys deal is still there.
Yeah I saw that pop up in my email today. After watching the video review I posted above, I'm still a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on one of these due to the bloom, poor blacks and slightly washed out colors.
post #30 of 95 Old 06-22-2017, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Yeah I saw that pop up in my email today. After watching the video review I posted above, I'm still a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on one of these due to the bloom, poor blacks and slightly washed out colors.
I wonder if TV manufactures will ever get their TV 75% right. Forget about 95% right, Thats just about IMPOSSIBLE. There should be a World Body out there that test Tv models and say to the Manufactures "NO You not allowed to sell this Rubbish because the TV is POOR!!!"

Main Room Sony KD-75X9400E Display, AMP. Yamaha RX-A3050. Front Mains, 2x Dali Concept 8. Klipsch Center, 1X Dali Concept Center. Surround and Rear Surrounds, 4X Dali Ikon 1. Ceiling 4X B&W CCM 382. Subs, 2x Kef C200 for the rear and 2X Kenwood SW-07HT for the fronts. Lounge Shakers, Dayton Audio SA 230 Sub Amp with 4 AST-2B-4 lounge Shakers. The other Tv room the Hecto live there the Hecto 100 inch Short throw projector,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page