*Official* 2017 TCL P-Series (55P607) Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 973Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #1 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,082
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1253 Post(s)
Liked: 937
*Official* 2017 TCL P-Series 4K Roku TV HDR/DV Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

My 55" TCL 55P607 has arrived.

All owners post up questions etc. Lets see how good this budget set is for all of us....

TCL Website:
http://www.tclusa.com/products/home-...mart-tv-55p607

Manual:
https://fccid.io/document.php?id=3306615

First Look (imagic):
http://www.avsforum.com/tcl-55-p-ser...on-first-look/

Other Reviews:

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/p607

http://televisions.reviewed.com/cont...ries-tv-review

http://www.pcmag.com/review/354173/tcl-55p607

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/16/1...best-budget-tv

Picture Quality:

Picture quality is quite impressive and probably one of the best I have seen for the sub $600.00 category. Colors are vivid and blacks are dark as expected for a fald set.

Pros

Price, Roku interface, Fald with 72 zones, bright screen, vivid colors

CONS

Light Bleed/Clouding (Flashlighting as some seem to call it), Very reflective screen, beware if using in a room with allot of light

Calibration Settings:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170613_164511.jpg
Views:	1763
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	2186977   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170613_164522.jpg
Views:	1652
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	2186985  

Current Sets: Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, TCL P-Series (55P607)
Previous Sets: Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C

Last edited by Viper32; 06-26-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Viper32 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,082
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1253 Post(s)
Liked: 937
Reserved

Current Sets: Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, TCL P-Series (55P607)
Previous Sets: Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C
Viper32 is offline  
post #3 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,082
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1253 Post(s)
Liked: 937
It is here but stupid Fed Ex guy left it outside and it is storming bad here. I am unboxing it now and hopefully it is not damaged but the box is saturated.
theboomr likes this.

Current Sets: Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, TCL P-Series (55P607)
Previous Sets: Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C
Viper32 is offline  
 
post #4 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
So I got mine and I am a little disappointed. There was quite a noticeable amount of back light bleed in some corners of the screen and the contrast overall didn't seem much better than my old ks8500 even with fald on. Everything else was great, tv came well packaged, low input lag feels great as well, easy set up etc.

I'm sure the backlight bleed is not common and depending on everyone else's reviews I will probably do an exchange.

Note that the BB is not as bad as in the pictures, my phone "enhanced" it for some reason but it was still noticeable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-06-13_17-56-51.jpg
Views:	1729
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	2187057   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2017-06-13_17-57-42.jpg
Views:	2168
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	2187073  
bigtexan999 likes this.
Crimson_Flam3s is offline  
post #5 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 03:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Flam3s View Post
So I got mine and I am a little disappointed. There was quite a noticeable amount of back light bleed in some corners of the screen and the contrast overall didn't seem much better than my old ks8500 even with fald on. Everything else was great, tv came well packaged, low input lag feels great as well, easy set up etc.

I'm sure the backlight bleed is not common and depending on everyone else's reviews I will probably do an exchange.

Note that the BB is not as bad as in the pictures, my phone "enhanced" it for some reason but it was still noticeable.
That actually seems kind of strange, normally the corners are darker on FALD sets
sheshechic likes this.
theboomr is offline  
post #6 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Member
 
franzmetcalf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Hi all,

My unit is arriving Friday and will require me, for the first time, to set up a reasonably complicated AV system. So I have a question, as I'm sure many of you have great experience in set up and some will have even set up this very TV by the time I get mine. Congratulations!

TCL claims the TV is able to pass DD and DTS signals, including Atmos, back through ARC. That's great, I think, because I am figuring that I want to use the Roku interface as my interface for streaming video (Netflix and Amazon). So I ought to connect the TCL to my LAN/wifi and to my AVR via the HDMI/ARC and then input my other sources (Blu-Ray, satellite) directly into the AVR. So—and here's the newbie part—my AVR will be able to switch between all those video "sources" even though the TCL will not actually be a video source, right? Or would it be better to output the audio from the TCL to the AVR via optical cable? Or even to connect the AVR to the internet and pass through the streaming signal from it to the TCL? I've not used Roku, but it gets great reviews. Would the Roku interface still work for streaming that that passed through the AVR?

I am confusing myself and I haven't even got the TV yet!

Denon AVX4300h
5.1.2: NSM 5SE fronts, PSA XV15se sub, Gallo nucleus micro surrounds, NHT Atmos Minis (on their way)
TCL P55607 (a good one; I was lucky)
franzmetcalf is offline  
post #7 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 03:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboomr View Post
That actually seems kind of strange, normally the corners are darker on FALD sets
Yeah I imagined it would be that way due to not being an edge lit tv but oh well, was unlucky and got a lemmon I guess. Let's see what the others say.
theboomr likes this.
Crimson_Flam3s is offline  
post #8 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Flam3s View Post
Yeah I imagined it would be that way due to not being an edge lit tv but oh well, was unlucky and got a lemmon I guess. Let's see what the others say.
Considering that no reviewers so far have made any mention of backlight bleed, I sure hope yours is a lemon! That would be an unfortunate issue if it's widespread
theboomr is offline  
post #9 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 03:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzmetcalf View Post
Hi all,

My unit is arriving Friday and will require me, for the first time, to set up a reasonably complicated AV system. So I have a question, as I'm sure many of you have great experience in set up and some will have even set up this very TV by the time I get mine. Congratulations!

TCL claims the TV is able to pass DD and DTS signals, including Atmos, back through ARC. That's great, I think, because I am figuring that I want to use the Roku interface as my interface for streaming video (Netflix and Amazon). So I ought to connect the TCL to my LAN/wifi and to my AVR via the HDMI/ARC and then input my other sources (Blu-Ray, satellite) directly into the AVR. So—and here's the newbie part—my AVR will be able to switch between all those video "sources" even though the TCL will not actually be a video source, right? Or would it be better to output the audio from the TCL to the AVR via optical cable? Or even to connect the AVR to the internet and pass through the streaming signal from it to the TCL? I've not used Roku, but it gets great reviews. Would the Roku interface still work for streaming that that passed through the AVR?

I am confusing myself and I haven't even got the TV yet!
Sounds like you've got the right idea. Just to clarify for you, here's what you'll want to do to get ARC working correctly:
You'll want to plug an HDMI cable into the TV's ARC port (whichever port that is), and then plug the other end into your AVR's HDMI OUT port. Then you plug all your various devices into the inputs on your AVR, and then you're good to go. The receiver will send video (and audio, if you were wanting to use the TV speakers) from your devices up the HDMI cable to the TV when you're using those devices, and when you're using the TV's streaming apps, the TV will send audio back down the HDMI cable into the AVR, and the AVR will output that audio to your speakers.
Phfinman and franzmetcalf like this.
theboomr is offline  
post #10 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,082
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1253 Post(s)
Liked: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboomr View Post
Considering that no reviewers so far have made any mention of backlight bleed, I sure hope yours is a lemon! That would be an unfortunate issue if it's widespread
I sure hope so, I have mine setup but want be able to do much until later tonight. We have VBS this week at church and my little one is all involved in that.
theboomr likes this.

Current Sets: Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, TCL P-Series (55P607)
Previous Sets: Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C
Viper32 is offline  
post #11 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper32 View Post
I sure hope so, I have mine setup but want be able to do much until later tonight. We have VBS this week at church and my little one is all involved in that.
You are learning Visual Basic Scripting at church?
theboomr is offline  
post #12 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 03:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Patiently awaiting for mine to arrive. One of the few times I hate living in Cali.
theboomr and franzmetcalf like this.
FuB01 is offline  
post #13 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 04:17 PM
Member
 
franzmetcalf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboomr View Post
Sounds like you've got the right idea. Just to clarify for you, here's what you'll want to do to get ARC working correctly:
You'll want to plug an HDMI cable into the TV's ARC port (whichever port that is), and then plug the other end into your AVR's HDMI OUT port. Then you plug all your various devices into the inputs on your AVR, and then you're good to go. The receiver will send video (and audio, if you were wanting to use the TV speakers) from your devices up the HDMI cable to the TV when you're using those devices, and when you're using the TV's streaming apps, the TV will send audio back down the HDMI cable into the AVR, and the AVR will output that audio to your speakers.
Okay, thanks, that's a relief since that's the way it ought to work, in my view. The AVR should be able to distinguish the proper source and processing for the different signals. When streaming, it would have to receive audio signal from the TCL and send no video. When playing satellite or Blu-ray, it would have to send video signal to the TCL and receive no audio. They need to be clever beasts these days!

Hoping for a non-bleeding sample!
theboomr likes this.

Denon AVX4300h
5.1.2: NSM 5SE fronts, PSA XV15se sub, Gallo nucleus micro surrounds, NHT Atmos Minis (on their way)
TCL P55607 (a good one; I was lucky)
franzmetcalf is offline  
post #14 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 04:20 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 6
The one review on Amazon also mentions backlight bleed in the lower left corner, but very minor. Either way, I'm excited to get mine later this week and will update.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
jmm22 is online now  
post #15 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 04:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Eff, I really hope this set doesn't turn into a panel lottery situation like the infamous issues with the KS8000

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
sheshechic and Ricker62 like this.
theboomr is offline  
post #16 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 05:02 PM
Senior Member
 
garnettrules21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboomr View Post
Eff, I really hope this set doesn't turn into a panel lottery situation like the infamous issues with the KS8000

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
yea I'm slightly worried. Backlight bleed and clouding are probably my two biggest concerns and now I'm a little more worried. Get mine Thursday, we shall see.
theboomr likes this.
garnettrules21 is online now  
post #17 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 05:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was under the assumption that FALD panels didn't suffer from "flashlighting/backlight bleeding" because there was no edge lighting...

Really hope this isn't the norm, I sent my KS8000 back because of the backlight bleeding on the corners.
sheshechic, Ricker62 and theboomr like this.
Stiler is offline  
post #18 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 05:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 12,794
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3453 Post(s)
Liked: 1810
Getting slightly worried myself. The set arrives on Thursday. Hopefully, TCL didn't send reviewers displays that had nothing to do with actual production run quality. Some companies are unscrupulous enough to pull such a rope-a-dope.
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #19 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viper32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,082
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1253 Post(s)
Liked: 937
Yeah have some light bleed also. I am still dialing it in so we shall see. I suspect reviewers maybe got some cream of the crop sets.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Current Sets: Sony XBR75X940C, Sony XBR75X940D, Samsung UN65KS9800, UN55KS8500, UN49JS8500, TCL P-Series (55P607)
Previous Sets: Sony XBR65X930D, XBR65X900B, XBR49X830C, Samsung KS8000, KU6500, JS9000, JU7090, JU6500, JU6400, HU9000, HU7250, PN64F8500, Vizio P65, LG 65EF9500, LG 55EC9300, Hisense 55H8C
Viper32 is offline  
post #20 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 07:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper32 View Post
Yeah have some light bleed also. I am still dialing it in so we shall see. I suspect reviewers maybe got some cream of the crop sets.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Damn.

How are the blacks on yours? Compared to my ks8500, overall contrast and black uniformity seems worst.. You have one to compare to as well lol
Crimson_Flam3s is offline  
post #21 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 08:07 PM
Member
 
Hubert.J.Farnsworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 31
So what's the word on this TV, worth the wait for the 65 or not?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hubert.J.Farnsworth is offline  
post #22 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 08:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert.J.Farnsworth View Post
So what's the word on this TV, worth the wait for the 65 or not?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you will need to wait a few more days for more of the just arriving sets to be evaluated.

However, the initial word does not look promising.

Main: Sony 65XBR900E
Desktop: Samsung UN40KU6290
Bedroom: Hitachi Roku 55R7

Retired Units: Vizio P65-C, Vizio M653DSV
bigtexan999 is offline  
post #23 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 09:28 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Two people on Slickdeals reported light bleed on theirs as well https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpo...&postcount=331
ponzies is offline  
post #24 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 09:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Damn this is depressing!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
sheshechic likes this.
theboomr is offline  
post #25 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 09:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 3,011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Why the heck is there light bleed in the corners!? How is this possible? Could it be that everything isn't properly attached- ie, loose in the corners?

Is the back panel screwed on or stuck on?
Ricker62 and theboomr like this.

sheshechic is offline  
post #26 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 10:17 PM
Newbie
 
DISKMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Stow, Ohio
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Tcl 55p607

So far so good. I received my new toy before noon and couldn't wait to set it up. I am one of the people reporting light bleed on at least one corner of the set. It still seems to be a great TV. I will be replacing a very old, non HD, Panasonic plasma with this set in my family room. I also have an 6 year old Sony LCD and a Panasonic ST60 Plasma. I had originally intended to buy a B7/C7 OLED once the prices came down. That was until I started reading all of the hype on this TV. I decided that at this price point I would give it a try.

My initial impression of this set is very favorable with the exception of the light bleed I noted earlier. I will need to wait until I permanently mount it in it's new home and let some of the wow factor to fade before writing a detailed review. I do love the deep blacks available on my ST60 and that is what I am looking for with this TV. The Roku functionality is very easy to use. I am hoping that this ease of use will allow me to ween my family from cable and start streaming all of our content. This TV will eventually be mounted above a fireplace and will not have room for a full HT sound system. Does anyone have any recommendations on a soundbar to complement the video performance of this display? It will be tough because I will hate to spend the same or more for the audio system than I did for the video portion.

Somehow I turned on the automatic text reader function for the GUI menus. I would rather read them for myself. I'm sure there is a setting for it somewhere.
sheshechic and johnestan like this.
DISKMAN is offline  
post #27 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 11:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
rmz76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I know most here are well informed in the difference between the two, but for those not familiar with the difference between back-light bleed and IPS Glow. Here is a short demo video.

Back light bleed is a defect, but IPS Glow unavoidable at angled viewing in a dark room. I'm reading that unless the display is Plasma or OLED, IPS Glow is pretty much unavoidable (even with FALD)? I guess something has to distinguish the OLED displays from those with FALD.

Posting this to help those with defective displays better qualify them.

Last edited by rmz76; 06-13-2017 at 11:12 PM.
rmz76 is offline  
post #28 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 11:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmz76 View Post
I know most here are well informed in the difference between the two, but for those not familiar with the difference between back-light bleed and IPS Glow. Here is a short demo video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbPaDLPbAQQ

Back light bleed is a defect, but IPS Glow unavoidable at angled viewing in a dark room. I'm reading that unless the display is Plasma or OLED, IPS Glow is pretty much unavoidable (even with FALD)? I guess something has to distinguish the OLED displays from those with FALD.

Posting this to help those with defective displays better qualify them.
These TVs are VA panels, not IPS panels.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
theboomr is offline  
post #29 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 11:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Also, just got a notification my TV is coming today (Wednesday), instead of Thursday!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
sheshechic likes this.
theboomr is offline  
post #30 of 1159 Unread 06-13-2017, 11:58 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Have you guys messed around with all of the settings? Looks like you can only get into everything via the Roku remote app. I do remember at least 1 review talking about changing the local dimming from high to medium and vice versa for certain movies. Was assuming it needed changing for certain action films or even darker movies. Back light bleed isn't something I wanna suffer through. Hoping it's something with the settings and perhaps even a firmware update will fix it soon.
thatsreality is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off