• 1 Post By VA_DaveB
  • 2 Post By ray0414

post #1 of 8 Old 08-17-2017, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
75sj8570 vs 75mu8000

I know this has been discussed before.. but still not sure which one to buy. I was almost decided on LG 75SJ8570 but when i saw 75mu8000 side by side to 75SJ8570, i am confused. it looks samsung is more crisper and brighter. I know Samsung is VA and LG is IPS. but i am more intrested in dolby vision. What is the best option? Now dolby vision is software update. Is there a possibility samsung will have dolby vision in near future?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-17-2017, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Well, the MU8000 is the superior display, so I'm not quite sure why Dolby Vision would be more of a draw than having a superior image. You're down on brightness, down on contrast, down on black uniformity, and slightly better in color gamut and color volume. And that is based on the SJ8500, which has quantum dots and the SJ8570 does not. So, with the exclusion of QD it would not be surprising if it were inferior in color gamut and color volume, too.
If I were you, I'd be looking at different TV if DV is such a draw for you, something like the P75.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-18-2017, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Nick View Post
Well, the MU8000 is the superior display, so I'm not quite sure why Dolby Vision would be more of a draw than having a superior image. You're down on brightness, down on contrast, down on black uniformity, and slightly better in color gamut and color volume. And that is based on the SJ8500, which has quantum dots and the SJ8570 does not. So, with the exclusion of QD it would not be surprising if it were inferior in color gamut and color volume, too.
If I were you, I'd be looking at different TV if DV is such a draw for you, something like the P75.
Thanks. I am considering the price factor as well. Most of the time sj8570 is available for 2100$ but Mu8000 is in the range of 2700. But I understand Samsung is better option. Is there any other TV I should consider?

post #4 of 8 Old 08-18-2017, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanpummer View Post
Thanks. I am considering the price factor as well. Most of the time sj8570 is available for 2100$ but Mu8000 is in the range of 2700. But I understand Samsung is better option. Is there any other TV I should consider?
For something with a VA panel and DV for close to $2K look at the Vizio M75-E1. Not perfect, at your price point the pickin's are slim.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-18-2017, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Does LG even use VA panels for any of their TVs? I mean I know that AVS members don't represent the majority of TV buyers but as much as IPS gets bashed here it makes me wonder.
What makes me laugh more is when I see them mention it as a coveted feature when they are trying to list "cool" features about their TVs.

Ironically though they also hold the key to making TVs with best black and contrast levels.... so I guess they can do whatever they want.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-18-2017, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
For something with a VA panel and DV for close to $2K look at the Vizio M75-E1. Not perfect, at your price point the pickin's are slim.
I am ok to buy a 3000$ tv if it is absolutely worth it.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-18-2017, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by the7mcs View Post
Does LG even use VA panels for any of their TVs? I mean I know that AVS members don't represent the majority of TV buyers but as much as IPS gets bashed here it makes me wonder.
What makes me laugh more is when I see them mention it as a coveted feature when they are trying to list "cool" features about their TVs.

Ironically though they also hold the key to making TVs with best black and contrast levels.... so I guess they can do whatever they want.
Pretty much only IPS panels and OLEDs from LG. The only thing consistent in the LG offerings is good viewing angles. In a lighted room where you need wide angle viewing, an IPS panel is fine. But in a dark room, the black levels are gray since the max contrast ratio is under 1,500:1 vs. over 6,000:1 for good VA panels. So if you don't need the wide viewing angles, there's no reason to go with an IPS panel.
sajanpummer likes this.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-18-2017, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 223 Post(s)
Quoted: 10140 Post(s)
Liked: 9086
The best 75" by far for under 5k is the sony 940e, and it's not even close. It's a steal at its current price and may drop even further.
sajanpummer and lucacow like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page