Westinghouse LTV-32w1 discussion thread - Page 30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #871 of 896 Old 09-24-2008, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thought I'd pop back into this thread for a 23 Month update.. This TV is still going strong in my living room almost 2yrs now. I've had no issues at all with it since the last post.

I'll probably be retiring it soon because we re-arranged the living room and we sit from 9-14ft away from the screen. It's just too small for that. I find it fine for regular TV, but trying to play 360 is difficult with tiny text sizes. Unfortunately we also have a TV cabinet so I'm limited to a 42" with a thin Bezel.

Anyway, enough rambling on. I've had a great experience with this TV and hopefully I'll be able to continue to use it in another room or pass it on to someone who will appreciate it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 896 Old 12-13-2008, 10:24 PM

I mounted this on my office wall years back and threw away the stand. Well guess what? My wife wants it in the bedroom on a stand so now I'm in a pickle.

I know this is a longshot but anyone have the stand and isn't using it? PM me!
post #873 of 896 Old 12-25-2008, 11:43 PM

I've had my Westinghouse 32-inch for just over two years.

About four months ago the picture started to flicker. Then it got worse to the point where the image would basically cut out. I would fix this by clicking different inputs on the remote until something came in (would usually be component cables for my DVD player that fixed it). This problem in itself just got worse and worse, but sometimes would go a good 2-3 days with no problems.

About a month ago the remote stopped working. I figured the batteries were dead. Replaced the batteries and it still didn't work. Then a few days later I had no picture on the TV at all. I can hear audio but no picture, and when I try to bring up the menu I get nothing on screen at all. Blue light comes on at the bottom, but absolutely no picture, menu... Nothing.

Super annoyed. Can't afford a new TV right now.

Any suggestions? Kick it to the curb and save my pennies for a non-Westinghouse TV? Or is this something that can be fixed?

Thanks.
post #874 of 896 Old 12-26-2008, 12:01 AM

In an incredible turn of events...

I unplugged the power supply. Plugged it back in... TV works.

I am still very skeptical of this television set though, but over the moon I have it working again. I've been without it for three weeks!
post #875 of 896 Old 12-26-2008, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboshuffle View Post

In an incredible turn of events...

I unplugged the power supply. Plugged it back in... TV works.

I am still very skeptical of this television set though, but over the moon I have it working again. I've been without it for three weeks!

Same thing happened to my sister's tv about a year ago. I just unplugged it for a few minutes and it started working again. Still going strong a year later.
post #876 of 896 Old 12-27-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdell View Post

Same thing happened to my sister's tv about a year ago. I just unplugged it for a few minutes and it started working again. Still going strong a year later.

That's really good to hear... I hope mine lasts that long as well.

The remote even works again!
post #877 of 896 Old 12-27-2008, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlinux View Post

My screen has started to randomly turn off. The blue light is still on so it isn't powering down, but the screen is turning off. The only thing that fixes it is turning it off and then on again. It seems to happen most often within 10 minutes of turning it on. Any one else have this problem? Any ideas on a fix? Is my set dying?

I'm still having this problem, the screen will turn off randomly and only turning it off and on will restore it. Still using it though, I can live with it for now.
post #878 of 896 Old 12-31-2008, 02:28 PM

I've got the same problem with my set as a few others here where the set will lock up and will not respond to the remote or even the buttons on the tv. I have to unplug it from the wall and wait, sometimes for hours, before it will come back on again. WH support claims it to be a power quality issue and has suggested a better power supply cord. Someone else said WH suggested a UPS. Has anyone with this issue found a resolution to this problem or tried a UPS?
post #879 of 896 Old 04-20-2009, 11:23 PM

Now my television will start flickering for 10-15 minutes at a time.

It looks similar to scrambled cable channels back in the day.

Someone told me it was "dry cable or something" and I would have to "solder some wires" which is something I know nothing about.
post #880 of 896 Old 11-28-2009, 03:56 PM

Hi all,

I've had this TV for a long while now, over 3 years, and I just recently purchased a PS3. This was going to be the first time i used the YPbPr connection on the TV. So i got all the cables needed and I got everything setup but when I turn on the PS3 there is nothing being displayed. I have never updated my TV or anything like that, what do you think could be causing my YPbPr connections to be faulty? Is there anyway for me to fix this quickly/easily or will i need to take it in to be repaired?

Thank you,

Derek
post #881 of 896 Old 11-29-2009, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Have you tried both component inputs?

Cheers,
Don O
post #882 of 896 Old 11-30-2009, 11:50 AM

Yes, i've tried both of them multiple times...do you know what could cause failure in both of them?
post #883 of 896 Old 11-30-2009, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Is there anyway you can rule out the cable?
What scan rate are you sending to the
TV?

Cheers,
Don O
post #884 of 896 Old 11-30-2009, 07:22 PM

Yes, i replaced the cable several times...all "failing". This has led me to believe it is my TV, definitely not the cables. Or my PS3...
post #885 of 896 Old 12-02-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastb0isct View Post

Hi all,

I've had this TV for a long while now, over 3 years, and I just recently purchased a PS3. This was going to be the first time i used the YPbPr connection on the TV. So i got all the cables needed and I got everything setup but when I turn on the PS3 there is nothing being displayed. I have never updated my TV or anything like that, what do you think could be causing my YPbPr connections to be faulty? Is there anyway for me to fix this quickly/easily or will i need to take it in to be repaired?

Thank you,

Derek

We exactly have the same setup. Have you selected Component Video as your video output type. I had this problem when I switched from component cable to HDMI. I have to reconnect my component cable and change the video output type from there to HDMI.
post #886 of 896 Old 12-02-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanhd View Post

We exactly have the same setup. Have you selected Component Video as your video output type. I had this problem when I switched from component cable to HDMI. I have to reconnect my component cable and change the video output type from there to HDMI.

I am officially a n00b! I'm at work but i'm SURE this is the problem. Here i thought my trusty LTV-32w1 was messed up, when it was only my brain.
post #887 of 896 Old 12-23-2009, 12:53 PM

Hi guys i am in desperate need of some help. I have westinghouse LTV-32w1 that i want to connect to a new Insignia blu-ray disc player that i bought but it only has HDMI. I know i have to buy a DVI to HDMI cable but i want to make sure i get the right one that fits do any of you have any suggestions or links to where i can the right one for my TV.
post #888 of 896 Old 12-23-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbriggs501 View Post

Hi guys i am in desperate need of some help. I have westinghouse LTV-32w1 that i want to connect to a new Insignia blu-ray disc player that i bought but it only has HDMI. I know i have to buy a DVI to HDMI cable but i want to make sure i get the right one that fits do any of you have any suggestions or links to where i can the right one for my TV.

anybody?
post #889 of 896 Old 12-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
post #890 of 896 Old 01-04-2010, 08:48 AM

Hi guys. I have the same model and it is powering off after random intervals. Other than that it works fine. It wokrs sometimes for a few minutes, and other times for an hour or so. Seems like it is either over heating or has a bad power module, but I don't want to buy a replacement part that I won't need. Any ideas? Actually now my sister's model is doing the same thing as well.
post #891 of 896 Old 01-18-2010, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedcis View Post

Hi guys. I have the same model and it is powering off after random intervals. Other than that it works fine. It wokrs sometimes for a few minutes, and other times for an hour or so. Seems like it is either over heating or has a bad power module, but I don't want to buy a replacement part that I won't need. Any ideas? Actually now my sister's model is doing the same thing as well.

Count me in, too. Mine has started doing the same a few weeks ago and was trying to find some help here...
post #892 of 896 Old 02-02-2010, 10:26 AM

Count me in three. I've had this for 3-4 years now, and usually within the first 10-15 minutes the screen will go black, and the led in front changes from blue to amber. Usually have to hit the power on the side, then back on and it stays on the rest of the time. Occasionally it will repeat this behavior over the span of a few hours.

Annoying, to say the least, and easily the last Westinghouse I will buy ($1000 at Best Buy...ouch...the price you pay to be an early adopter!).

Anyone know the part numbers? I thought there were two boards that could be at fault, wasn't sure which one it'd be. Knew I shoulda bought another Sony. :^(
post #893 of 896 Old 03-10-2010, 02:16 PM

any one found a fix for the power supply yet ?
post #894 of 896 Old 05-03-2010, 08:56 AM

Just to give my 2 cents to this discussion. I've purchased this unit at the beginning of 2006 and after 1 year the video went out while the audio was still on, just like the poster above described. I did unplug it from the power supply, but nothing was fixing the video issue. I called Westinghouse but they were no help. So I gave it to a local repair shop who told me they had to replace the main board (I'm a noob with these things so I took his word for it). It set me back about $350 and since that time it has run flawlessly. I'm going to ride it until it gives out completely or similar issue happens. There is no point of fixing it especially now when the fair market value of it is maybe 50 bucks. Overall, I would have to say I had a satisfactory experience with this unit.
post #895 of 896 Old 03-05-2011, 05:45 PM

When I turn it on the indicator light is blue but changes to orange. Does that mean their is no signal input? The user manual does not explain the indicator light colors. The power supply has no apparent bad caps or burn marks. No sound or picture. No back light.
post #896 of 896 Old 08-15-2011, 02:55 PM

Hey guys, got another problem with my old westinghouse...

For the past few months I've been having problems with my 32w1. I've had it for years and it's been great to me but recently it will change its colors settings randomly. I can go in and fiddle with them but it's not guaranteed that it won't change colors on me again. I want to keep this TV going since it's a great TV for my bedroom but i'm not sure if I can fix this. Does anyone have an idea of what we can do? Thanks a lot!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page