Official Syntax Olevia LT37HVS Thread - Page 62 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1831 of 1850 Old 11-27-2009, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, im new but I've had this tv for a few years now and have some questions as of now.. First main question is the channel scan, I recently picked up a panasonic 32inch lcd and when I set that up and scanned the channels, it picked up over 150digital channels besides my normal analog channels, now my Olevia on the other hand just picks up the analogs. I thought the olevia had a digital tuner built in and all you needed to do was scan and it would pick up both the analog and the digital channels like this new lcd I picked up does? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1850 Old 11-28-2009, 11:13 AM

idk if anyone even still uses it
post #1833 of 1850 Old 12-03-2009, 09:25 AM

I still use mine which is quite a few years old. This TV has a digital tuner but it is OTA (over-the-air) only. It doesn't support QAM which cable systems use.
post #1834 of 1850 Old 12-03-2009, 09:27 AM

Anyone have their analog antenna input go south? I can't get the TV to go to 'TV' at the top of the input list. If I select 'TV', the selection jumps to AV1. I've unplugged twiced and still no luck. Any help would be great.
post #1835 of 1850 Old 01-23-2010, 08:13 AM

I still use mine every day, it has been moved to the bedroom and replaced with a Sony 52" XBR9 as the primary tv though.

I have never really used the digital tuner in it, but if I recall it has 2 coax inputs one of them is analog only and the other one is digital. The digital tuner will not tune QAM so it will not work with cable only over the air.

I actually did a grayscale calibration on it today and mine was very close at the middle setting but after changing it to user and setting the Red and Blue to -1 and Green to 0. It was spot on across the range of gray.
post #1836 of 1850 Old 01-30-2010, 04:29 PM

I just got this TV home and have connected antenna to the DTV coax input. I have all the channels scanned and pic adjusted. However, I can not use `EPG` button on the remote. Is this the button for the program guide? I looked in the manual and it says this button is optional and that this function is unavailable. I can bring up the channel info display and see title and broadcast resolution by pressing the `Display` button.
I want to know what exactly is `EPG` and why can`t I use it? Thank You
* edit EPG = Electronic Program Guide, thanks google. Anyway, what needs to happen in order to use this feature with DTV? Thanks again.
post #1837 of 1850 Old 06-06-2010, 05:26 PM

I have an Olevia LT37VHS and whenever you turn the tv on it wont come on, if you unplug it for a while it will stay on for a bit then go off again, and the Olevia logo will blink a few times, and it won't turn back on. Can some one help me with this?
post #1838 of 1850 Old 06-07-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlwsn View Post

I have an Olevia LT37VHS and whenever you turn the tv on it wont come on, if you unplug it for a while it will stay on for a bit then go off again, and the Olevia logo will blink a few times, and it won't turn back on. Can some one help me with this?

Same problem, post #1697

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...64#post8919664

They replaced my set under warranty with a 237V... I have had no problems since. I have no idea what was wrong. Unless you can diagnose/fix it yourself, any solution is likely to cost more than the set is worth.
post #1839 of 1850 Old 08-04-2010, 02:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlwsn View Post

I also own a broken LT37HVS that has been sitting in storage for a couple years now and after much research it appears that the Inverter board or a transformer on the inverter board is the cause of most of this sets failures.

It appears that the inverter board listed here http://www.lcdparts.net/LCDTVInverte...al=V144-001MSS will fit the LT37HVS even though it is not listed as compatible (other Olevia models are listed). Probably best to take the set apart and match up before ordering since the board is $150 plus shipping.

Don't know if that will help anybody but I might give this a shot even though I wrote that tv off a long time ago, hate to simply toss it out after paying over $1K for it (plus it would be a decent bedroom tv).

Best of luck,
Jason
post #1840 of 1850 Old 10-03-2010, 10:20 AM

So it seems I was a victim of a power serge that fried the inout box on the back. It seems that the HDMI connection are ais fine but the video signal of anything connection into the box in the side back of the Tv (this is the sear that had the sVideo, component and composet, etc.) displays b& W. The box easily comes out so it seems that I should be able to replace it. Any ideas on where to find this part? Or if there is something compatable? Thanks.
post #1841 of 1850 Old 11-15-2010, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
A number of things can go wrong in a TV, but here is a list of its subsystems:
1. Power board. Complete failure of this - TV will not turn on. Might wanna check the fuse or inspect the power board for signs of damage (burn marks, melted components etc) Look for bulged/leaked capacitors. I heard a few times that the large 150uF/450V cap might take damage from a power surge. Even if some parts of the power supply are fine, there might be a problem - i.e. the portion feeding 24V to the inverters might have gone bad. Again, capacitors are primary suspects. This is really the repair you should try first, if you can handle a soldering iron. Remove the caps, make careful notes on what was where. Order new ones at places like Digikey or Jameco. Get the same capacitance, and make sure the cap will physically fit the board - lead spacing, can diameter and height. Get highest voltage available, and opt for quality brand (i.e. Panasonic) rated for 2000-3000 or more hours at 105C. You can order caps on Digikey to replace every cap on the power board for less than $20, including shipping, and I really recommend you try that first before going for more expensive options. Also, VERY carefully, using a magnifying glass, inspect all solder joints - Say, if solder holding a connector pin has cracked, it could result in bad/no connection.

2. Backlight. You got two inverter boards - master and slave - hooked to 24V on the power board, and feeding the CCFLs. If the screen is black, but sound is there - backlight is likely the problem. Note, however, that problem might actually lie with the power board not feeding proper voltage - or simply a cracked-off connector pin resulting in a bad connection. Now, you can take the inverters out and examine the transformers carefully. Sometimes the damage is clearly visible. You can aso try and test the primary secondary windings using a multimeter. If you observe nice, steady 24-25V on the input pins at the inverter,(black to red) and control pins also have voltage (black/orange and black/green), the problem may indeed be the inverter. The models for LT37HVS are 6632L-0191A(master) and 6632L-0192A(slave). Best I seen was $170 for the pair. Still, before ordering, make doubly sure it's not the power board - and replace the caps.

2A. Sometimes, a particular CCFL in the backlight may fail, causing a shadowed band across the screen. It is possible to replace them, but requires almost complete TV disassembly.

3. T-Con. Hidden fairly deep, pretty much underneath the power board, this is the LCD control. Likely failure symptom: have sound and blue screen, but no image. LT37HVS T-Con model is 6871L-0662A, about $40. Again, this is something to try if playing with the power board did not help.

4. Main board. If you have blue screen, and no image or sound, then main board might be the problem. This is the most electronically complex part of the TV, and not much to do here other than replace it. But I understand is that of all parts, it is the least likely to fail.
post #1842 of 1850 Old 12-25-2010, 11:37 AM

Just curious if anyone still monitors this thread? I have a unit that when you switch inputs forgets all the display settings and you have to do a 'default' to get the proper image back, but it doesn't happen on the DTV input.

It's almost like there is a battery or something that is no longer holding the memory but it seems like that shouldn't happen if the set is constantly powered on.

Thanks!

Brett Gilbert
Broadcast Engineer
Tulsa, OK
post #1843 of 1850 Old 12-02-2011, 06:34 PM

Have had this LCD for 6 years with no real problems other than color poor on HDMI input. Recently had a power brown out and lost the Green color spectrum. Need a copy of the service manual to repair. Any help would be appreciated. If you know what component needs to be replaced that will help or a link to the service manual will also do nicely.
post #1844 of 1850 Old 12-02-2011, 06:38 PM

Any Idea where I could find the service manual for the Syntax Olevia LT37HVS?
post #1845 of 1850 Old 10-30-2012, 04:57 PM

http://elektrotanya.com/olevia_lt37hvs.pdf/download.html

Click on the link under the preview that says "Get Manual".
post #1846 of 1850 Old 11-23-2012, 02:27 AM

my olevia lt37hvs shows only blue screen. i thought it was a problem with inputs, since no matter which input you select, it returns to the top, which is the 'tv' input. no sound, or image, only blue screen. is this a brick? replacing any expensive part just doesn't make sense considering this set is almost 10 years old. is the mainboard user replaceable, as in unplug and remove, and install new mb?
post #1847 of 1850 Old 11-23-2012, 02:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Yes most of the main internals for this set can be replaced by the end user (DIY). The main board that was nearly $600 when the set was new can now usually be found here and there for $60 or less (depending upon the specific board inside as there were a few different revisions).

Most of the internals for these tv's are LG based parts and can still be found if you do some searching. I was very lucky and found the exact mainboard that I required on ebay for $30 shipped when some of the parts e-tailers had no stock.

There are some thin/delicate ribbon cables in there that require some care but other than that they are pretty straight forward regarding board replacement.

ReTech TV is great to deal with and some of the guys there can even help you troubleshoot a bit. I have purchased parts from them a couple times before, even had to return the wrong part once and there was no hassle.

http://www.retechtv.com/

Best of luck,
Jason
post #1848 of 1850 Old 11-23-2012, 03:09 PM

Jason, thanks for the link and info. i'll certainly be willing to swap out the mainboard, if one can be sourced for a reasonable amount. i submitted a query to the link you provided, and we'll see what happens.
post #1849 of 1850 Old 11-23-2012, 07:31 PM

i tried something that i wasn't sure would do anything. since the input on my unit would always return to the 'tv' source (antenna), i tuned the tv to channel 3, and used an antenna to see if I'd get a signal. I did, only one channel, but the picture and sound did work. so, is this indicative of a problem with whatever controls the switching of the inputs, rather than a mainboard?
post #1850 of 1850 Old 11-24-2012, 01:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I think the mainboard does control the input selection but there is an input board and my guess is you could order both and return whichever board is not needed (you'd only lose out on shipping $).

I am pretty confident however that ReTech will help you narrow down the actual 'problem' board, just have to hope they have it available or can source it for you.

Jason
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page