Just Took Delivery of Syntax 26" LT26HVX - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 355 Old 11-03-2005, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi All: I just received my Syntax LT26HVX yesterday. A couple of thoughts I wanted to run by Olevia owners. At first...I used a DVI cable thru my Samsung TS-360 HD D*TV receiver. On SD material I was getting "static" on the top of the screen. I was worried from the start. But all HD sources were perfect..No static. I called Syntax tech. support & he said that this is "normal" when using a DVI input on SD broadcasts. Really? Ummm...Seems strange. Anyway...he suggested that I use component output, which I did. Issue gone.

Also...when I was using the DVI cable I had no access to my screen formats or the picture adjustments inside the menu. Once I switched to component..I could.

Now....I must admit I'm thrilled with the HD picture & I haven't tweaked the settings that much yet. I watched W. VA. vs. UConn last night on ESPN2 HD & I must admit it looked stunning! This is my 2nd HD LCD TV. My first was an older 22" 15:9 Samsung (LTN225W) The Olevia picture is much better then the 3-year-old Samsung, which makes sense.

What I don't like about the Olevia is:

The remote is terrible, which is standard for inexpensive 2nd tier manufacturers. I don't really care because I programmed it to my D*TV remote. Oh....for those who are wondering what Syntax code to use....I had luck with LG code #001

Viewing angle (178) isn't that great. I noticed hazing fairly quickly on a hard angle. My Samsung did a much better job IMHO. Again...this isn't a problem for me because it's a bedroom TV that I'll be watching head-on.

On-Screen displays are too small. The volume numbers are super tough to read & I would say I have average eyesight.

The Sound is decent. It's really not that bad & I haven't had any "hissing or crackling" issues that some people have reported with certain Olevia's. You can do some sound tweaking in the menu, but I used the Surround on & left the EQ's off. Good enough for me.

What I do like about the Olevia:

Again...The HD picture is pretty damn good for a budget LCD! SD source material is what you can expect in a stretch mode, which I use.

Playing DVD's thru my older Panny RP-62 via component looks great! The blacks are excellent. I was expecting some issue here...but to my surprise I'm pleased.

Inside the advanced video menu there is a few tweaks like Black Level Extender, White Peak Limitator, Flesh Tone & Adaptive Luma Control. I put these to "on" & without an Avia tweak it does help out-of-the-box. Nice touch.

This weekend I'm going to sit down & tweak with Avia & I'm sure I can clean up the picture a tad.

All in All....I'm pretty happy with my purchase. It appears that Syntax support is solid (1 year on-site) & they pick up the phone fairly quickly. I'm impressed with the money I spent with what I received. I guess the word "Value" really does apply here.

Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 355 Old 11-03-2005, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Come on guys......No Syntax 26" owners out there? This is a great set for the coin. PLEASE.....even if you don't have a 26" Olevia...Could someone chime in & let me know your thoughts about Syntax?

Thanks a bunch!

Alex
post #3 of 355 Old 11-03-2005, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have owned a 30" Syntax LCD for almost a year and it has been a great TV. I have it hooked up through DVI to my HP z545 Media Center, and I have my Game Cube hooked up Component.

I have been impressed for what I got for my money. Syntax was helpful when I contacted them for the remote, and firmware upgrade. However I still have not heard anything about the rumored HD tuner upgrade that was supposed to be available this summer.

Enjoy your new toy Boston
post #4 of 355 Old 11-03-2005, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Man, I knew these would ship before the Holiday Shopping Season!

The 27" is out also if anybody is wondering and its set for a lower resolution (1280x720), which my card will support. Its little more than $100 more than the 26"

Depending on what happens in the next few days I'll finally be able to get one!

A. Thomas -
GSN: djfourmoney
'03 SRT-4 12.74@106 in the 1/4
PSN - DJFourMoney
post #5 of 355 Old 11-08-2005, 02:38 PM

I just wanted a decent HDTV for a moderate price. I'm pretty happy with it so far, but there are problems, mainly because it has an odd resolution: 1366x768. I tried hooking this up to the NVDIA GeForce 5200 card in my MythTV PC, and found it to be pretty incompatible, as the driver believes that the DVI port is reporting a max resolution of 1280, while the driver will not accept a VGA resolution which is not an even multiple of 8. I ended up overscanning a bit to 1368x768 over VGA with a nice image. I will try 1360 instead to see if I can make it better.

DVD playback over s-Video is beautiful. My wife watched a yoga video and I was amazed by the quality.

Watching standard definition out of a TiVo with an s-Video connection is fairly mediocre, and muddy, but I expected that given the source.

I did not try the integrated speakers, and should have no cause to, having a decent receiver and speaker system already. I wish they were detachable, like some older Syntax models. As it is, the TV is a little wide for my desk.

The cable guy will be out tomorrow to set up the HD settop box. I will try DVI and if that doesn't work component. It is pleasant to have so many choices of inputs.

CircuitCity was not quite up to speed on this display. The web site says it has an HDMI port (it does not). Sunday, they did not have a display model out. Monday, they did not have a price tag posted.
post #6 of 355 Old 11-08-2005, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
This Week in Consumer Electronics
this wont be the last time you hear from this company

LAS VEGAS ? Syntax Groups announced here that it will expand its business in 2005, in part, through an agreement to source LCD panels from LG.Philips, which will enable the company to move into very large screen displays.

At the same time, the company showed new models that it is using to reinforce its brand image as a producer of high quality digital-television products at value price points.

The deal with LG.Philips will enable the Syntax Olevia line to carry large-size LCD-TV products including the 32W-inch, 37W-inch and 42W-inch screen sizes and will eventually include 47W-inch and 55W-inch units, said James Li, Syntax Groups' CEO.

At International CES, the company released sales figures showing it shipped over 97,000 LCD TV units to retailers since its launch in April 2004. Syntax claims that it achieved a position in the top five U.S. LCD TV vendors last year.

?Sales during the hot Q4 '04 holiday buying season accounted for nearly two-thirds of the total units, indicating strong consumer demand for the unique value that Syntax's Olevia brand brings to the digital living market,? the company said.

The company said that during the first half of 2005 it will deliver Olevia LCD TVs ranging from ?space-efficient? 20-inch units to several models with Super In Plane Switching (Super-IPS) technology from LG.Philips LCD.

New Olevia 20-inch LCD TVs (models LT20S and LT20SD) feature 500:1 contrast ratios, 800 by 600 resolution, 12ms response times, VGA and component inputs. The LT20SD ($549 suggested retail) adds a built-in DVD player.

Syntax also unveiled a new 26W-inch HDTV-ready Olevia LCD TV ? model LT26HVE ($899 suggested retail) ? featuring a high black bezel design, 1,280 by 768 resolution, 750:1 contrast ratio, 700 cd/m2 brightness, a wide 170/170 viewing angle, 12ms response time and 15:9 aspect ratio. Inputs include HDCP DVI, VGA and component video. It also includes a built-in NTSC tuner.

New high-end Super-IPS based Olevia LCD TVs include a 32W-inch HDTV monitor in the Olevia LT32HVE ($2,199 suggested retail). The unit features 1,366 by 768 resolution, 8ms response time, 16:9 aspect ratio and VGA and component inputs.

Syntax will also add its first 1,080p, HD-compatible 37W-inch LT37HVDP suggested retail) and 42W-inch LT42HVE (suggested retail) fully integrated HDTV sets. The models will feature 1,920 by 1,080 resolution, 1,200:1 dynamic contrast ratios, 8ms response times and built-in ATSC tuners. Also planned are the 37W-inch LT37HVD ( suggested retail) and 42W-inch LT42HVE (suggested) models with 1,366 by 768 resolution.

Syntax also showed at CES a 61W-inch LCoS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) rear-projection microdisplay HDTV featuring 1,080p resolution, 1,500:1 contrast ratio and over 1,000 nits of brightness. That unit will carry a suggested retail.

Syntax also announced it will add its Colossus Media Center Home Theater PC System Series that combines audio and video playback.

The Media Center is based on the Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 OS, and will enable music downloads and playback, online movie rentals, photo viewing, editing and sharing, e-mail, instant messaging and Web browsing.

CurrThis Week in Consumer Electronics

LAS VEGAS ? Syntax Groups announced here that it will expand its business in 2005, in part, through an agreement to source LCD panels from LG.Philips, which will enable the company to move into very large screen displays.

At the same time, the company showed new models that it is using to reinforce its brand image as a producer of high quality digital-television products at value price points.

The deal with LG.Philips will enable the Syntax Olevia line to carry large-size LCD-TV products including the 32W-inch, 37W-inch and 42W-inch screen sizes and will eventually include 47W-inch and 55W-inch units, said James Li, Syntax Groups' CEO.

At International CES, the company released sales figures showing it shipped over 97,000 LCD TV units to retailers since its launch in April 2004. Syntax claims that it achieved a position in the top five U.S. LCD TV vendors last year.

?Sales during the hot Q4 '04 holiday buying season accounted for nearly two-thirds of the total units, indicating strong consumer demand for the unique value that Syntax's Olevia brand brings to the digital living market,? the company said.

The company said that during the first half of 2005 it will deliver Olevia LCD TVs ranging from ?space-efficient? 20-inch units to several models with Super In Plane Switching (Super-IPS) technology from LG.Philips LCD.

New Olevia 20-inch LCD TVs (models LT20S and LT20SD) feature 500:1 contrast ratios, 800 by 600 resolution, 12ms response times, VGA and component inputs. The LT20SD ( suggested retail) adds a built-in DVD player.

Syntax also unveiled a new 26W-inch HDTV-ready Olevia LCD TV ? model LT26HVE ( suggested retail) ? featuring a high black bezel design, 1,280 by 768 resolution, 750:1 contrast ratio, 700 cd/m2 brightness, a wide 170/170 viewing angle, 12ms response time and 15:9 aspect ratio. Inputs include HDCP DVI, VGA and component video. It also includes a built-in NTSC tuner.

New high-end Super-IPS based Olevia LCD TVs include a 32W-inch HDTV monitor in the Olevia LT32HVE ( suggested retail). The unit features 1,366 by 768 resolution, 8ms response time, 16:9 aspect ratio and VGA and component inputs.

Syntax will also add its first 1,080p, HD-compatible 37W-inch LT37HVDP (suggested retail) and 42W-inch LT42HVE ( suggested retail) fully integrated HDTV sets. The models will feature 1,920 by 1,080 resolution, 1,200:1 dynamic contrast ratios, 8ms response times and built-in ATSC tuners. Also planned are the 37W-inch LT37HVD (suggested retail) and 42W-inch LT42HVE suggested) models with 1,366 by 768 resolution.

Syntax also showed at CES a 61W-inch LCoS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) rear-projection microdisplay HDTV featuring 1,080p resolution, 1,500:1 contrast ratio and over 1,000 nits of brightness. That unit will carry a suggested retail.

Syntax also announced it will add its Colossus Media Center Home Theater PC System Series that combines audio and video playback.

The Media Center is based on the Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 OS, and will enable music downloads and playback, online movie rentals, photo viewing, editing and sharing, e-mail, instant messaging and Web browsing.

Currently, Syntax is shipping Super-IPS-based Olevia 32W-inch (LT32HV, ) and 37W-inch (LT37HV, LCD TVs.

In rear-projection, Syntax is offering an Olevia 50W-inch LCoS projection TV, which is currently priced at suggested retail.

The LT32HVE and LT37HVE feature 176-degree expanded viewing angles, 1,200:1 high contrast ratios and resolution of 1,366 by 768 (WXGA). They also feature 8ms response times, 800 cd/m2 high brightness, 16:9 cinema-style widescreen aspect ratio with automatic progressive scan, 3D comb filter and 3:2 pull-down, the company said.

Syntax's Olevia 50W-inch LCoS RPTV incorporates a three-panel subsystem (RGB) with 1,388 by 780 native resolution (1,920 by 1,200 under DVI, and 1,280 by 1,024 under VGA); 16:9 aspect ratio; a 1,000:1 contrast ratio; 1,000 nits brightness with preset and adjustable modes; progressive scanning; 3:2 pull-down; a wide 170/170 horizontal viewing angle; and DVI/HDCP inputs.ently, Syntax is shipping Super-IPS-based Olevia 32W-inch (LT32HV, ) and 37W-inch (LT37HV, ) LCD TVs.

In rear-projection, Syntax is offerin an Olevia 50W-inch LCoS projection TV, which is currently priced at a suggested retail.

The LT32HV and LT37HV feature 176-degree expanded viewing angles, 1,200:1 high contrast ratios and resolution of 1,366 by 768 (WXGA). They also feature 8ms response times, 800 cd/m2 high brightness, 16:9 cinema-style widescreen aspect ratio with automatic progressive scan, 3D comb filter and 3:2 pull-down, the company said.

Syntax's Olevia 50W-inch LCoS RPTV incorporates a three-panel subsystem (RGB) with 1,388 by 780 native resolution (1,920 by 1,200 under DVI, and 1,280 by 1,024 under VGA); 16:9 aspect ratio; a 1,000:1 contrast ratio; 1,000 nits brightness with preset and adjustable modes; progressive scanning; 3:2 pull-down; a wide 170/170 horizontal viewing angle; and DVI/HDCP inputs.

xboxlive: BLACKSOULTRAIN or SILVERBACK XXL
post #7 of 355 Old 11-22-2005, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhowes View Post

I just wanted a decent HDTV for a moderate price. I'm pretty happy with it so far, but there are problems, mainly because it has an odd resolution: 1366x768. I tried hooking this up to the NVDIA GeForce 5200 card in my MythTV PC, and found it to be pretty incompatible, as the driver believes that the DVI port is reporting a max resolution of 1280, while the driver will not accept a VGA resolution which is not an even multiple of 8. I ended up overscanning a bit to 1368x768 over VGA with a nice image. I will try 1360 instead to see if I can make it better.

Hopefully someone that already has this set can help me with my setup problems. I'm trying to hook it up to my PC (Radeon 9600) via DVI cable to keep the signal all digital. The LT26HVX is reporting its max resolution as 1280x1024, so the max widescreen resolution the card wants to allow is 1280x720. Since the panel's native rez is 1366x768, this results in blurry text due to undesirable scaling.

I tried using Powerstrip to create a new monitor driver with a 1368x768 max rez (must use either 1366 or 1368). This resulted in being able to select 1360x768 from the 9600's control panel, but now the picture was skewed about 3/4" to the right.

I think this TV will function beautifully as a monitor if I can just get the resolution down. Does anyone know the recipe for success?
post #8 of 355 Old 11-23-2005, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clunk View Post

Hopefully someone that already has this set can help me with my setup problems. I'm trying to hook it up to my PC (Radeon 9600) via DVI cable to keep the signal all digital. The LT26HVX is reporting its max resolution as 1280x1024, so the max widescreen resolution the card wants to allow is 1280x720. Since the panel's native rez is 1366x768, this results in blurry text due to undesirable scaling.

I tried using Powerstrip to create a new monitor driver with a 1368x768 max rez (must use either 1366 or 1368). This resulted in being able to select 1360x768 from the 9600's control panel, but now the picture was skewed about 3/4" to the right.

(Edited by author)
I originally had posted some DVI timing settings, but in retrospect, they don't work very well, and I don't want to waste anyone's time. I wish I knew how to get a 1to1 pixel display on this monitor via DVI be it at 1368x768, 1366x768 or 1360x768.
post #9 of 355 Old 11-23-2005, 11:51 AM

Just took delivery of one of these too, For my Mom's early Christmas present. I was super impressed with the PQ in the store, and proceeded to order it from Beach Camera. Excellent service and delivery!
post #10 of 355 Old 11-23-2005, 12:41 PM

One thing that bothers me a bit is that only two models, the 42" and one 37", comply with the FCC mandate of having a built-in ATSC tuner. No new models have been announced for quite a while - you'd think they would give some hints as to their 2006 lineup, including smaller sets which will then fall under the FCC mandate.
post #11 of 355 Old 11-23-2005, 07:15 PM

I think the requirement to have built-in ATSC tuner is for those TVs over 32".
post #12 of 355 Old 11-25-2005, 12:58 PM

The PQ of this LCD panel is good for the price.
Syntax Olevia LT26HVX 26"

I have two issues so far with this LCD.

1.- When using a DVI connection, analog and non-hd digital channels have a line of "static" at the top of the screen. Same problem Boston-HD was having. This is not acceptable in my opinion. There has to be a way of adjusting the screen size or position in the service menu. I am using a Motorola Cable HD STB.
Maybe we can try the LG codes for service menu. Since this LCD has much in common with LG LCD's it might just work.

2.- I really dislike the lack of control when using the DVI input. The advanced settings and a few others in the Video menu are grayed out when using the DVI input. I have no idea why they did this. I have not used a component connection yet but know that when you select one of the component inputs these options are adjustable. I do not know if the settings used in the component inputs apply to the DVI input. I highly doubt it because no other TV that I know of does this.

Besides that I am happy. This TV will be used in the bedroom.

Now that this TV went on sale in many places for Black Friday we can get some people to start tweaking this baby. I suggest we post any findings in this thread and make it the "Syntax Olevia LT26HVX discussion thread".
That is up to you Boston-HD. Your initial impressions steered me towards this model.
post #13 of 355 Old 11-25-2005, 01:12 PM

I was one of the (lucky) ones that picked on up for XXX.XX A/R at Circuit City. I'll definitely be reading any LT26HVX threads closely. For me the only option for my cable connection is component since the Moxi box has a neutered DVI, however for my PC (only briefly for the time being) it will be all DVI. Can't wait to get home from work to set it up (and return my Samsung LN-237W since it didn't (appear to) support HDMI in from the PC w/ a DVI -> HDMI cable.
post #14 of 355 Old 11-25-2005, 08:59 PM

I picked up this TV today at Circuit City to replace a 4 year old 27" Toshiba tube in the bedroom. For the price I am very happy with it. I hooked it up downstairs to our DirecTV HD receiver and was quite happy with the picture. Currently I have a DirecTIVO hooked up via S-video, DVD player via component, and a GameCube via composite. I kind of want to get a Mac mini for the room now, but all this talk of static across the top of the screen when using the DVI port worries me. Overall, I am very satisfied with this screen and consider it a big improvement.
post #15 of 355 Old 11-25-2005, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

I would think Nvida and ATI are working on drivers that support this odd resolution. That's why I targeted the 27" model with more managable 1280x720 which my card does with it 4.xx driver series.

I'd suggest you email ATI and Nvida and find out the status on the next driver up date. With some powerful PC games coming down this Christmas they might just throw you LCD guys a bone.

If your using the DVI with your HD boxes, eh I dunno what to tell you. Complain to Syntax they listen...

A. Thomas -
GSN: djfourmoney
'03 SRT-4 12.74@106 in the 1/4
PSN - DJFourMoney
post #16 of 355 Old 11-25-2005, 10:35 PM

I took delivery of the Syntax LT26HVX LCD TV from the Circuit City deal, and i'm disappointed with the picture quality. This is my first venture into LCD and widescreen tv. I am used to CRT's and standard definition. I actually have a 27" JVC I'ART tv.

In any event, I first hooked up my ps2 to the syntax utilizing the s-video connection. The picture looked extremely dull and washed up. It looked blurry and pixelated. The colors didn't seem rich..almost like running a computer desktop at like 640x480 on a 21 inch monitor.

Then I tried running analog cable through the syntax via coaxials... The picture again was very poor...picture was not sharp...colors washed out..pixelated..way way way way worse than the jvc. Is the standard definition picture supposed to look like this? It reminded me of the early days of low quality avi video.

Another super disappointing thing about the Syntax was that I had one annoying dead pixel in the middle of the screen. It really bothered me more than anything else. I feel like returning the tv for that reason alone.

Anyway, I did not have a chance to run the tv in progressive scan or hd. how does the picture quality look then? Is it extremely sharp and colorful?

Do you guys think I should try to exchange the tv for one with no dead pixels? or should i just return it? Thoughts.. not sure whether to keep or let go. thanks.
post #17 of 355 Old 11-26-2005, 08:04 AM

I sent email to support@syntaxgroups.com asking how to 'fix' the lt26hvx so that it will correctly report the native resolution to attached devices. If they can't provide a fix, I'll be returning it to CC on Monday/tue..

IMO, they can't sell this claiming a resolution of 1366 by 768 and then report a max resolution of 1280x1024 to attached devices....i think that's called 'deceptive marketing' or something like that. I really like the picture once I finally got the omega drivers & multi-res to run it at 1360x768...but I'm afraid it won't be so easy with an XBOX360.

Faron
post #18 of 355 Old 11-26-2005, 09:13 AM

people at LCD-TV Reviews have tried various fixes for the resolution challenges. start here:

http://www.lcd-tv-reviews.com/module...d=952&forum=13
post #19 of 355 Old 11-26-2005, 09:58 AM

Nice to find this thread as I just bought the Syntax 26 inch at CC yesterday and am generally very happy with it. I also plan to do some tweaking with it through AVIA today so I'll post any results. If others doing tweaking could also post any fixes I would appreciate it.

Re: the DVI connection, I have the same problems as others. I am going to try component to see if I have more control over the PQ. I personally don't mind using component. Does DVI offer significant advantages for this type of TV? My main experience is with my 50 inch Sony Grand Wega and it worked the same through component.

Re: native resolution -- try changing the native resolution from the STB. When I put it at 1080i it worked fine. But I had to fix it at 1080i. This also got rid of the waviness at the top of the screen.

Re: audio - I have just experimented with the surround sound which worked well for last night's Star Wars movie. It doesn't work so well for regular broadcasts.

Anyway, I an very happy with the PQ of the TV and will probably keep it even if the DVI problem persists.

Also, I am looking for a wall mount that will allow be to turn the TV from side to side but not up and down. I also don't want a mount that sticks too far out from the wall.

Anyway, nice to see a thread on this TV.
post #20 of 355 Old 11-26-2005, 09:56 PM

This is the first HD tv i have bought. All I have is a Standard cable signal. I am trying to figure out what the best settings would be. If someone could please tell how they fixed their picture to maximum quality it would be a major help. Also I have a xbox 360 ready for me for christmas and I was wondering how it looks on this tv. Thanks Alot
post #21 of 355 Old 11-27-2005, 09:42 AM

So, here are my setting after doing a basic AVIA callibration:

Brightness 48
Contrast 42
Saturation 48
Hue 49
Sharpness 58

I have the color temp and back light set to middle and all of the advance setting set to on.

Also, as was discussed before, you can't do many of these setting in DVI mode. The DVI mode also has some other problems so I'm not using it. So, I have my STB going through component and a dvd player going through component.

I am going to try the computer set up today.

Hope this is helpful!
post #22 of 355 Old 11-27-2005, 10:34 AM

Got it at CC on BF too. For that price, I am pretty happy with it. I am using DVI for my DISH HD Receiver, HD looks superb, and SD looks decent (some channels are sharper than others, like MSNBC is pretty good). For ppl complaining about blurry SD pictures, are you guys using its own tuner?

For DVD, I am using component video. Not as good as HD DVI. Wondering if using the other component video input would help or not? No time to mess around yet.

And I will later try to hook up my laptop using VGA.

Last, my complain (might be a bit off-topic) is, I am really not getting used to watching this LCD TV set. After a while, I feel kind of dizzy (kind blood pressure rising around the eyes), just like I changed prescription glasses a couple of months ago. Does anyone have problem with this specific TV or other LCD HDTV sets, or you guys have heard of similar problems from others?

Thanks.
post #23 of 355 Old 11-27-2005, 11:39 AM

This is my first widescreen or lcd for that. I also am getting sort of dizzy from the tv and my eyes feel really weird when i walk and look away from the tv. I believe I am getting used to it though.
post #24 of 355 Old 11-27-2005, 09:20 PM

By the way i have found a stuck pixel already on this tv. Anyway to fix that?
post #25 of 355 Old 11-27-2005, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley3flex View Post

By the way i have found a stuck pixel already on this tv. Anyway to fix that?

it's possible it can revert back, but most likely not, and there's nothing that can be done to fix it.

Now, can someone pleeeeeease tell us how this looks with an XBOX 360?? lol
post #26 of 355 Old 11-27-2005, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegloaming982 View Post

it's possible it can revert back, but most likely not, and there's nothing that can be done to fix it.

Now, can someone pleeeeeease tell us how this looks with an XBOX 360?? lol

Would do if I had an XBOX 360.
post #27 of 355 Old 11-28-2005, 07:21 AM

I would definitely call Syntax on a stuck pixel. There is a 1 year manuf warranty on the unit.
post #28 of 355 Old 11-28-2005, 08:04 AM

I picked this up on Friday too. only have it hooked up to the TV out from the main HD box (motorola 6412) in the living room. Using the antenna in for picture. SD is as good as my plasma in the living room (42" so i would expect the smaller set to look sharper from a distance). Anyway I was watching football yesterday and I got a huge migraine - I didn't attribute the migraine to the TV until I read the last couple of posts. Once my headache goes away I will watch more TV and see if I get dizzy/migraine again... never even heard of anything like this. If I keep this TV I will be getting a second HD box from comcast and putting that in the basement, I will run component cables up the wall to connect - my wife wants to keep everything clean in the kitchen. I use a one for all remote with RF signal to operate the hidden box - this set up works well operating the main HD box in the living room from the bedroom on the second floor.

anyone else getting dizzy from this TV.

Pip
post #29 of 355 Old 11-28-2005, 08:15 AM

No dizzyness or headaches on my part -- its hard for me to imagine that there could be anything unique to this tv causing such a thing. Perhaps LCDs can somehow cause this but I've not seen anything on this.

Also, perhaps one of us should go ahead an start an official thread for this unit (assuming that Boston HD is no longer active in this thread). This would be more likely to attract interest compared to the current title of the thread. I would be glad to take the lead but would also welcome anyone else who would like to do so.

BTW, I hooked this up to my computer and it worked fine. Only problem was that I could only keep it in stretch mode (no 4:3).
post #30 of 355 Old 11-28-2005, 08:17 AM

I've had the LT26HVX for about 6 weeks. My only 2 complaints are the inability to get 1:1 pixel mapping and the sound.

Until I set up a 5.1 system in the room I thought the LT26HVX had a cooling fan. When I quit using the speakers on the LCD the "fan noise" went away. Now that the speakers are turned off, it's not a problem.

I'm using the LT26HVX with a PC that has a Radeon 9250. I fiddled with PowerStrip and could not get 1:1 with the 1360x768 or 1368x768 resolutions. I'm using 1280x768 and it has the least obvious scaling.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page